Los Lobos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Lobos!

Caught their set at Jazz Fest, then their rocking set the Republic last night. Just wow! This band never ceases to amaze.

Meandered over after revivalists. Wish my son and I had more energy by that point, because the sweet sound of the 'maricahi' music (heh heh) was really nice. we only gave it a couple of tunes before heading home after a long day in the sun, but it sounded great. Little did I know that i would soon be wishing for a long hot baking sunny afternoon.....

Comment

Originally posted by Stella Blue View Post
      Caught their set at Jazz Fest, then their rocking set the Republic last night. Just wow! This band never ceases to amaze.

Seconding this. What a great set of their Chicano stuff and a little more. I originally thought Fais Do Do was a mistake and still kinda do, but it was great to dance with Special K in the sun for this one.
      Y VOLVER VOLVER VOOOLVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed both the 'fest set and the night show at the Republic. However, as a 30- year fan of the band I really wish they would get a new person to run the sound. Mando is a great guy but not the greatest sound man in the world. The sound at the Republic sucked.

Comment

Cinnamon Girl?

Bertha?

Not Fade Away?

Any "surprises" in their setlist?

Comment

The only surprise I heard was a very traditional "la bamba" that they just knocked out. Most of the rest of the fairgrounds stuff was from la pistola or from their otherwise familiar acoustic latin stuff. and I loved it.

Comment

They did the traditional version of La Bamba at the Fairgrounds. Later that night, they encored with an electric, grunge version of La Bamba, something I've only heard them do a couple of times.

Comment

So these guys have another covers album coming out? Sounds promising to these ears:

Comment

It is disappointing that they didn't see fit to include one of 2021 Grammy Winner Billy Strings' many, many iconic, seminal original songs on this compilation.

Comment

Los Lobos has a show the Sunday after JF in Houston. So maybe they will be added to the lineup for 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post
                      So these guys have another covers album coming out? Sounds promising to these ears:
                      Thanks for reminding me - this is the longest pre-order I think I’ve ever committed to, tho’ I did get the Mike Love and The Beach Boys tune as an advance.

And though I know it’s possible that western music travels to the old lands a bit more slowly, even with the interweb, that Billy Strings feller has a promising - dare I say legacy type - career in front of him as long as bass-fishing and a preoccupation with the music of the Grateful Dead doesn’t derail him too much. Speaking of neo-classic-type tunes,

Last edited by duende; 06-27-2021, 11:37 AM. Reason: I impugned the wrong BB first time

Comment

Working...
                      X