Chris Joseph/Paul Sanchez/Royal Fingerbowl "Tears of Healing" FUNDING pitch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Joseph/Paul Sanchez/Royal Fingerbowl "Tears of Healing" FUNDING pitch

Many, perhaps most of you know that Chris, our inspiring leader, has been going through some rough challenges with his health. Surprising to no one, Chris has turned some of the difficulties into some profound, touching expressions of life, some derived from conversations with Paul. Also surprising to no one, Paul in turn has taken some things Chris wrote and made them into a couple of songs -- anyone who was at Paul's recent concert at Colman Dekay's L.A. pad heard one of them, "Tears of Healing," which left many of us shedding said tears. It's a really remarkable song, among Paul's best (and that is saying something), and now it is to be the title track of a new album that Paul is soon to record with none other than Royal Fingerbowl -- yup, Alex McMurray and the guys!

So.... this is where YOU come in. Chris was going to oversee the funding of this, but given the situation he's been unable to devote full attention to it. So Colman and yours truly here are taking over that role in love and appreciation for Chris and all he has done for so many. Paul has quoted a budget of $8000 for the project (a bargain, really), and Colman and I started things out with a grand each. And now we are turning to the Threadhead community to raise the rest, which we expect is a slam-dunk.

This is a Threadhead Records project, but rather than going through the middleman, we are asking for all contributions be sent directly to Paul, one of two ways. You can PayPal to him at his email address: paulsanchezmusic@gmail.com

Or you can wing a check to him at:

Paul Sanchez
    1000 Bourbon Street
    PO Box 289
    New Orleans, La.

Anyone giving $500 or more will get an Executive Producer credit on the album. How's that? Pretty nifty, eh?

Frankly, I expect we will exceed our goal here, knowing all you folks and knowing how much Chris means to us. If so, any surplus funds once the project is completed will be donated to the Threadhead Cultural Foundation,for more healing.

Boundless thanks in advance to all of you. This is what Threadhead is all about!

Heal on!!
    Last edited by Baconwrapped; 6 days ago.

Very nice. Only one way to respond.

Comment

Originally posted by 20-20 View Post
      Very nice. Only one way to respond.

Comment

Sorry to hear this, had no idea.

Comment

Tears of Healing, as I understand it, is to be the title of the album as well....

Comment

Not sure what's up with Chris, but sending healing karma from the land of dreams.

Comment

Since some don't know what's been going on:

Chris was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. The chemo and associated medications were not agreeing with him---he hated how he felt. So he recently decided to embark on alternative approaches. He told me you can email him at chrisjoseph@mac.com

Comment

Unlike with a "go fund me" page, I don't know of any way to track how well the fundraising process is going, so I thought I'd give this a bump back to the top of page 1, get it some more views. And now I have.

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
                  Unlike with a "go fund me" page, I don't know of any way to track how well the fundraising process is going, so I thought I'd give this a bump back to the top of page 1, get it some more views. And now I have.
                  Thanks! It's going pretty well.... last I heard it was well past the halfway mark for the funding goal. But still hoping people will kick in, and as we said, any over the budget will go to the Threadhead Cultural Foundation. And wanted to give it another bump too... so... Bump city!

Comment

Maybe Paul could post an update on the total on Facebook, where he is thanking folks who contribute. And baconwrapped, you could post here?

Comment

Good luck with all of this, and best wishes to Chris

Comment

Working...
                      X