Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce Springsteen on Broadway

http://nypost.com/2017/06/16/bruce-s...way-this-fall/

Will the entire run sell out in three seconds or merely two?

Will the top price on the secondary (scalping) market top $10,000?

Who will win the war of standers vs. sitters, and will the ushers have to start cracking heads?

The happiest people have to be the bartenders at the Walter Kerr Theater. They're finally going to make some money selling their outrageously priced drinks in souvenir sippy cups.

For me the bigger story is the revelation that "Groovy1967" reads the Post.

Comment

The most disconcerting thing to me in this article....turning Born To Run into a musical. Please no.Now if they turned The Milwaukee bomb scare show into a play that might have some legs.

Comment

Originally posted by stynger View Post
        The most disconcerting thing to me in this article....turning Born To Run into a musical. Please no.Now if they turned The Milwaukee bomb scare show into a play that might have some legs.
        Southside Johnny should play Bruce.

Comment

Originally posted by stynger View Post
          You never know with these things. Most of them are terrible, but some of the more recent jukebox musicals, such as Jersey Boys or Beautiful (The Carole King Story), are quite good.

Bruce doesn't need the money, so I'd bet that he'd insist on veto power over anything that seemed to lack in integrity. The larger question is can we trust this man to judge integrity when he released "Dancing In The Dark"?

Comment

[QUOTE=groovy1967;n809387]

You never know with these things. Most of them are terrible, but some of the more recent jukebox musicals, such as Jersey Boys or Beautiful (The Carole King Story), are quite good.

Bruce doesn't need the money, so I'd bet that he'd insist on veto power over anything that seemed to lack in integrity. The larger question is can we trust this man to judge integrity when he released "Dancing In The Dark"?[
            "
            New Jersey. New York. Asbury Park. I see gold Bruce."

Comment

It's Joisey man. Good musician or not it's still always been Joisey. It is what it is.

Comment

Awesome. Wonder if it is going to be his whole band or not? Seems, at it's most membered, the band might out number the audience (just kidding, stop counting band members)Or, and this is me thinking, he is going to release an acoustic sort of record, and play that with a very stripped down band, doing his new stuff alongside Nebraska, Tom Joad, and Devils and Dust material. And other songs from his catalog that would work in a stripped down, less bombastic style.
                i really can't wait to hear the tapes, that's for sure.
                Last edited by bennyboy; 1 week ago.

Comment

I would think solo acoustic. But playing that long he could bring band members in here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post

Southside Johnny should play Bruce.
                    That would be cool!

Comment

Groovy should play Little Steven. They'll call it The Sopr...no...The Tenors!

Comment

Broadway is a slightly different animal, but there is a little-remembered precedent for this. The Ghost of Tom Joad tour (in my view a criminally under-rated follow up to the much acclaimed Nebraska) brought Springsteen to the Saenger for a solo acoustic outing in 1996. Other stops on that tour included 3 nights at the Beacon in NYC. I doubt I'll be able to afford/attend any of these, but at the same time, I'm much in need of an indoor Springsteen show. Love to see him whenever he comes for jazzfest, but having now listened to 11 of the 16 discs that make up his autobiography, I'm jacked to see him live again. As a deadhead, I've learned what Springsteen learned about Elvis (love the music not the man), but Springsteen himself, ironically, is more and more becoming one of my most admired men in America today.

Comment

Not to mention the ever more underrated Devil's and Dust recording and tour. I saw the tour at HP Pavilion and I've never seen 20,000 people be quieter and just mesmorized by a guy and a guitar. Not sure the CFWs would allow that unless it was a small theater.

Comment

OK... Mr. Natural & his friend the anarchist Professor Wanowski are hanging out & "Fanboy" drops in. Natch leaves them alone to watch the fireworks. I'll let R.Crumb tell the rest:
                            Last edited by revjimk; 1 week ago.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X