Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Busted in San Fran.....What's a NoLa girl supposed to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busted in San Fran.....What's a NoLa girl supposed to do?

http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/a...t-11749152.php

Yep I had read bits of this elsewhere.

I would hope that the authorities can show a bit of compassion in this instance and lower some of the fines and let them pay back 50 bucks a month of whatever they can afford.

How long had the fines been building up for?

Comment

A Crystal Miner, medicinal salves, Crohn's disease & bohemian gatherings...

If I can just get vegan lasagna or hemp-based toilet tissue, I'll have Hippy Bingo!!!

Comment

27 parking tickets ?? You would think after the first ten or so they would get a clue and find a legal parking place. 5 months "waiting out the bad weather so we can drive east" ?? What, were they snowed in ? Hippies are aware that the roads, especially the interstate are kept plowed and are open year round, don't they ?? I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for them. Typical stupid<deleted> hippies. I blame John Mayer.

Comment

Wait until they meet the parking trolls in NOLA.

Comment

Originally posted by marignygreg View Post
            5 months "waiting out the bad weather so we can drive east" ??
            They were frightened because a couple of their vegan friends, Butterfly and her boyfriend RipOff, told them about some people they used to know called the Donner Family who once got caught in a really bad snowstorm in the Sierra Nevada's and were actually forced to eat non-organic tofu stir-fry...

Comment

Heartless Bastards.

That should be the name of your band.........MG
              and you MM.

Comment

Originally posted by 20-20 View Post
                Heartless Bastards.
                That's what you think.

In a show of solidarity, and without thought for my own personal sacrifice, I am staging a boycott of both Rice-A-Roni and San Francisco 49er's novelty bobble-heads until there is justice for poor Ms. Lowes.

After all, what kind of unfeeling monster would demand that a freespirited, dreadlocked single mother and artisean crafter of medicinal salves follow the repressive laws that the rest of society has to?

Comment

"Poverty advocates say Lowes’ predicament is a prime example of how low-income people are victimized by exorbitant parking and tow fees in San Francisco" Here's a hint, park legally like the rest of us.

Five months of bad weather, really?

Comment

So much for the "Summer of Love".

Comment

Signs posted along streets in the Haight in San Fran....

Pills, Grass or Ass
                      Nobody Parks For Free

Comment

How many hours of parking is a healthy dollop of handcrafted, organic medicinal salve worth?

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post

I would hope that the authorities can show a bit of compassion in this instance and lower some of the fines and let them pay back 50 bucks a month of whatever they can afford.
                          Agreed. Sure, these folks are at fault here but parking tickets and towing in SF are far too expensive. When you start adding interest to the fines it can destroy a poor person's life. The criminalization of poverty continues in this country.

Comment

Damn, I could go for some Rice-A-Roni right now...

Comment

True, but these hippie idiots just let them pile up with no intention of paying them. I mean c'mon....27 friggin tickets. In New Orleans they ticket you even if you are legal. Sometimes they put the ticket right over the parking permit on the dash. I speak from experience. I went down to city hall with my pass and other evidence, to fight it. I was laughed right out to Loyola Avenue. I paid......all three times.

Comment

Working...
                              X