Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thanks for being magnificent; Soul Finders/King James to come!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks for being magnificent; Soul Finders/King James to come!

Just a quick note to say thanks to all the threadheads who came out to see the Mag 7 on Friday night. I got to meet a couple more threadheads for the first time (Gards and Seafood), and bluntly, it was as good a club show as I can remember seeing. With SIX new songs added to the repertoire (if you count the amazing medley of Ballad of a Well Known Gun/SeaCruise as 2 songs) and a first set alone that went a solid 90 minutes, it was pretty damn epic if i say so myself (though it's not as if i had anything to do with how good it sounded). Quint Davis managed to find a way to the stage to note the amazingness of what we bore witness to (like it wasn't obvious to the listener already) and so i think you can expect to see the guys at a racetrack near you in about 7 short months. Let's hope this year mother nature isn't jealous of the band's awesome power.

but there's no rest for the wicked, so I'm reminding everyone that Marc Stone and I are putting on an R&B and funk spectacular at the Little Gem on 10/14 --- when Robert Cray's set ends at Blues n BBQ, there will be just enough time to walk down Poydras Street and then King James will begin at Little Gem. When King James ends his set upstairs, The New SoulFinders will start up immediately downstairs, and they will have Leo Nocentelli, Mike Dillon, Papa Mali and Kirk Joseph (and probably more) all as special guests. It promises to be a show for the ages, for the meager price of 15 BUCKS IN ADVANCE AND 20 bucks, and a great way to cap your Blues n BBQ day.

http://www.littlegemsaloon.com/event...stance_id=4908
    Last edited by HankAndLeeStamper; 3 weeks ago. Reason: even cheaper, plus a ticket link

Good thing Stone is out of town or he'd hunt me down and kill me. Tickets are an even MORE meager $15 in advance, and a meager 20 bucks at the door.

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
      Just a quick note to say thanks to all the threadheads who came out to see the Mag 7 on Friday night. I got to meet a couple more threadheads for the first time (Gards and Seafood), and bluntly, it was as good a club show as I can remember seeing. With SIX new songs added to the repertoire (if you count the amazing medley of Ballad of a Well Known Gun/SeaCruise as 2 songs) and a first set alone that went a solid 90 minutes, it was pretty damn epic if i say so myself (though it's not as if i had anything to do with how good it sounded). Quint Davis managed to find a way to the stage to note the amazingness of what we bore witness to (like it wasn't obvious to the listener already) and so i think you can expect to see the guys at a racetrack near you in about 7 short months. Let's hope this year mother nature isn't jealous of the band's awesome power.

but there's no rest for the wicked, so I'm reminding everyone that Marc Stone and I are putting on an R&B and funk spectacular at the Little Gem on 10/14 --- when Robert Cray's set ends at Blues n BBQ, there will be just enough time to walk down Poydras Street and then King James will begin at Little Gem. When King James ends his set upstairs, The New SoulFinders will start up immediately downstairs, and they will have Leo Nocentelli, Mike Dillon, Papa Mali and Kirk Joseph (and probably more) all as special guests. It promises to be a show for the ages, for the meager price of 20 bucks, and a great way to cap your Blues n BBQ day.
      It was an excellent night and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Good to meet you, and with luck we will be at the Little Gem

Comment

Gards it was great meeting you too! Hilariously, i recognized you from the picture that mluke uses as his avatar, so he continues to help the threadheads connect and grow.

I really DO feel like an idiot for not mentioning that the Little Gem show is only $15 in advance, and here is the ticket link. We are timing it in the hopes of folks coming from the BnBBQ to walk over after Robert Cray's set in the park and be on time for the opening number.

Saturday 10/14 at Little Gem Saloon
        King James + the Special Men (8.30pm)
        The New Soul Finders (10pm) w/special guests Leo Nocentelli, Papa Mali, Kirk Joseph, Mike Dillon
        $15 in advance, $20 at the door, tickets at:

http://www.littlegemsaloon.com/event...stance_id=4908

Comment

you're toast Kelly!
          Thx so much for making this all possible Andy. Can't wait!!!

Comment

HankandLee, you can edit your original post if you want to. Excited for the show! Will there be reserved seating downstairs?

Comment

Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post
              HankandLee, you can edit your original post if you want to. Excited for the show! Will there be reserved seating downstairs?
              Thanks FJ; I tried and failed to edit and it came out as that second post; but i just succeeded with the edit on the second go round.

I didn't want to answer your question til I spoke with the owner, and I just had some excellent fried chicken and mac n cheese over at Little Gem for lunch.
              The 8.30 set is King James and the Special Men and that is upstairs. There will be a "dance floor" with limited table seating around the edges upstairs during the set, you can order food from these tables, and there will also be table dining downstairs during that set.
              The 10pm set is New Soul Finders w/Leo and more downstairs. There will be a dance floor with limited table seating around the edges, and you can order food from these tables as well.
              Due to the fact that you have to have a ticket to the show to get into the club, they are not taking reservations, seating is first come first served. Tables will be offered to diners only (i.e., you can't ask for a table for 4 and sit there and nurse your cocktail for the whole set, though you can surely do that on a bar stool).

Looking forward to meeting more folks!

Comment

Thanks FJ; I tried and failed to edit and it came out as that second post; but i just succeeded with the edit on the second go round.

I didn't want to answer your question til I spoke with the owner, and I just had some excellent fried chicken and mac n cheese over at Little Gem for lunch.
                The 8.30 set is King James and the Special Men and that is upstairs. There will be a "dance floor" with limited table seating around the edges upstairs during the set, you can order food from these tables, and there will also be table dining downstairs during that set.
                The 10pm set is New Soul Finders w/Leo and more downstairs. There will be a dance floor with limited table seating around the edges, and you can order food from these tables as well.
                Due to the fact that you have to have a ticket to the show to get into the club, they are not taking reservations, seating is first come first served. Tables will be offered to diners only (i.e., you can't ask for a table for 4 and sit there and nurse your cocktail for the whole set, though you can surely do that on a bar stool).

Looking forward to meeting more folks!
                I'll be the guy talking funny. (But not as funny as Gards...)

Comment

Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post

I'll be the guy talking funny. (But not as funny as Gards...)
                  Hello Gov You allright?

I heard you had been a bit Butchers.

Make sure you get the Saints over the line at Wembley please.

And can you also try to get that Kiwi Clown that plays for your chaps to try and stop attacking people?

Comment

Cool and bummer. I loved being able to reserve a seat with a wonky back and lots of years on the body. Strange that there are no reserve seats for this show but all other shows at Little Gem have that option. Some clubs in Arkansas charge an extra fee to reserve a table or chair.

Comment

Vicki I'll work w the club and Andy for seating options for you

Comment

That's so sweet. They were very nice about providing a chair during Jazz Fest so all will be well. Take this off your plate.

Comment

Hey folks, just giving this one a bump to the top as the show is a week from tomorrow night.
                          Stay hunkered down this weekend if you're here!!
                          King James = Special Men at 8.30 (after Young Bob Cray) and New Soul Finders w/Nocentelli and more to follow.
                          Ticket link below, five bucks cheaper at the door.
                          https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1561321

Comment

Hey folks, just giving this one a bump to the top as the show is a week from tomorrow night.
                            Stay hunkered down this weekend if you're here!!
                            King James = Special Men at 8.30 (after Young Bob Cray) and New Soul Finders w/Nocentelli and more to follow.
                            Ticket link below, five bucks cheaper at the door.
                            https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1561321
                            As with Greg's gig for Thursday night at Tips, trying to keep this on page 1 of the bored until each and every threadhead has bought their cheaper-in-advance ticket!

Comment

Black Laurel at Tips tonight!

King James and the Special Men, New Soul Finders with Leo Nocentelli, Papa mali, Mike Dillon and Kirk Joseph on Saturday night at Little Gem Saloon immediately post Blues n BBQ fest..

Get out and get some!!

Comment

Working...
                              X