speaking of chatty fuckwads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaking of chatty fuckwads

I attended open mike night at Fitzgerald's the other night,and most of the musicians that were waiting to play or had finished were rudely chatting away loudly and ignoring whomever was onstage.You would think they would be more polite,but they all seemed to think that they were too cool to listen to anyone else

Originally posted by jonnygospeltent View Post
    I attended open mike night at Fitzgerald's the other night,and most of the musicians that were waiting to play or had finished were rudely chatting away loudly and ignoring whomever was onstage.You would think they would be more polite,but they all seemed to think that they were too cool to listen to anyone else
    Hi Mate

That is both surprising and disappointing.

You would think that that were would be appropriate respect shown from Muso to Muso.

Bad form in my book.

Comment

I have yet to meet a group that chats over live performances like Threadheads do. I'm guilty of it. Hard not to when you run into friends you don't get to see that often. As for the Fitz's open mike....as Gards said, if you listen to them....perhaps they will listen to you. Buffas is a great open mike with attentive audiences.

Keep it up Johnny !! Next time bring a cheap acoustic guitar and smash it like Belushi in Animal house if the chatting gets to much. Call it performance art.

Comment

I try to do the "flitting" thing when I go into a club and see people I know, quick hello - maybe a little more, then off to a spot where I can see & listen to whoever's on stage. I've wondered if it comes off as aloof or dismissive, but there's always a break, and the performers are more than happy to stop and chat if they know you've been engaged with their set. That's also a good time to catch up in depth with those people you flittered earlier. And damn, how do you know you're not dissing the next Margo Price when you blab over a set? Just guessin' here, but you might not want to bite the hand that could possibly feed you while your incredible solo career is sputtering. Just sayin'

Comment

We can't help it but you would think musicians would be a little more polite to their compatriots. Did they only talk over the players that were better than them?

I try my best to stand at the bar if I am a CFW.

Jonny - we're going to be in your neck of the woods in January. Gotta meet up!

Comment

Yep. I usually say my hellos, but I know if I stand a reasonable chance of actually listening to the performance....I have to ditch my peeps. I think 'our' group understands.

Comment

Oh.....that PaulC guy is King of the CFW. Bless him, though.

Comment

I went to hear my friendís band last night- they were opening as local support for a touring band. After my buddyís set I was shocked to hear him in the audience talking over the headliner. I really wanted to suggest to him that if he shut up and watched and listened to the band he might learn a few things from the guys on stage who were ten years younger and considerably better musicians and all around way more professional. But I didnít say a word.

Comment

I picked up on this years ago. Many "musicians" are interested in themselves and no one else, but not the ones that are worth a shit.
                  Last edited by Kemp; 1 week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by marignygreg View Post
                    Oh.....that PaulC guy is King of the CFW. Bless him, though.
                    Rev It Up

Comment

Working...
                    X