R.I.P. rowEn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. rowEn

She'd been sick for a while, but ever the optimist, she made it seem as though she'd been doing better lately. I just saw on Facebook that she passed away today.

She was one of the first Threadheads I met. I had absolutely no idea who she was the first time I met her, but she acted as though she'd known me my entire life. Just a truly sweet person who loved good food and drink, we once shared a truly hilarious meal at Cochon Butcher after she'd been draining the taps at the Abita Brewery. As kind as she was, she was a fiery fighter when she needed to be, especially when taking on the close-minded folks of her hometown.

My thoughts go out to her husband and her family. May she rest in peace.

RIP Michelle. A truly sweet person. Very sad news. She will be missed!

Comment

Damnit. I’m so sad.

Comment

RIP Michelle.

Very sad. She will be missed.

I had forgotten she was ill.

Glad I go to a share an anniversary with her and John a while back.

Comment

I don't think her husband John was ready to start this thread. Please respect his wishes and privacy.

Not that privacy exists anymore

Comment

Damn. One of my favorites here.

Comment

Chrissa, I have no idea what you're talking about. There were lots of tributes being posted to Michelle on Facebook last night, and John was liking several of them. He posted something, himself, an hour ago.

I merely posted this here because I know a number of you avoid Facebook, and I felt you should know. Michelle was a fixture around here and important to many of us.

Comment

Thanks for posting, Groovy. We are a family here, lest we forget.

RIP rowEn. We will raise a glass for you come Jazz Fest.

Comment

So sorry to read this.

Michelle, John and I once shared a gorgeous autumn afternoon of incredible music together at Voodoo Fest, 20 feet from the stage watching Dr. John and then The Meters, both laying down a deeply funky, hypnotic groove.

A lovely woman, someone who will always be fondly remembered...

Thanks for sharing the (unwelcome, of course) news, Groovy. I hope John reads this thread to see how many of us share in his grief and are now thinking of him...

Comment

John posted the following on Facebook earlier today:

”Today is a day to remember our Veterans and those that served in uniform. Some of our friends and family have been told that we lost Michelle Bannister yesterday in her battle with Liver Disease. My heart is broken and sad, I begin a new chapter in my life without my Best friend, Wife, Soulmate, Veteran and much much more. We have been together for 32 years that I cherish all of them. Many have expressed their memories of her and how she has touched their lives. I want to celebrate her life, we had talked about this day and when it would come that she had many wishes that I will do my best to fulfill, I will keep you updated as to when we will celebrate her life. Thank you for the kind words, prayer and thoughts for me and our families.”

Sending love to John, Charlie, and the rest of her family, including the Threadhead family.

Comment

Originally posted by CEfromLA View Post
                      John posted the following on Facebook earlier today:

”Today is a day to remember our Veterans and those that served in uniform. Some of our friends and family have been told that we lost Michelle Bannister yesterday in her battle with Liver Disease. My heart is broken and sad, I begin a new chapter in my life without my Best friend, Wife, Soulmate, Veteran and much much more. We have been together for 32 years that I cherish all of them. Many have expressed their memories of her and how she has touched their lives. I want to celebrate her life, we had talked about this day and when it would come that she had many wishes that I will do my best to fulfill, I will keep you updated as to when we will celebrate her life. Thank you for the kind words, prayer and thoughts for me and our families.”

Sending love to John, Charlie, and the rest of her family, including the Threadhead family.
                      Thanks so much for that post. Being both a Veteran and a Threadhead it makes the thread and event even more poignant.

Comment

This is awful news. I will always remember her as a feisty character, just so full of life, and it's incredibly difficult to imagine that she's gone.

R.I.P Michelle, you are fondly missed. Peace and strength to John and the family.

Comment

Very sorry to hear this. She was a lovely person. Deepest condolences to John and the rest of her family.

Comment

RIP, Michelle. Prayers for peace and strength to you, John.

Comment

RIP Michelle. What a shame. Thanks for all your kindness and encouragement over the years. Rest easy

Comment

Working...
                              X