Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 20-20 View Post
    We have to “Drain the Swamp” but “Save the Wetlands”
    The guy who wants to drain the swamp ain't sayin' shit about saving no wetlands.

Comment

Incidentally, Greg, I visited City Park last night for Celebration in the Oaks. If that does not put you in a good mood and prepare you for the Holidays you would have to be dead so to speak.The children (of all ages) were just beside themselves. Happy Holidays.
      Did you get to the Beignet Fest today?

I know some Krewe planned to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post

short answer is No. Long night last night.

Comment

Incidentally, Greg, I visited City Park last night for Celebration in the Oaks. If that does not put you in a good mood and prepare you for the Holidays you would have to be dead so to speak.The children (of all ages) were just beside themselves. Happy Holidays.
          Yeah, I gotta do that one of these days. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post

I think Swag went. I was thinking about it, but preferred the lineup at LMF. Most of us ended up at Bmacs for Sam Price and band back in the courtyard. What a great day in old New Orleans.

Comment

Yeah, I caught a bit of Beignet Fest.

It was in the Festival Grounds, but not fenced in at all. The main observation from the fest was the crowd size. Biking through the park beforehand, every parking spot was taken all the way up to the interstate. The Festival Grounds was big enough that there was plenty of room, but most of the food lines were crazy-long, 50-deep and not moving fast. Loretta's Pralines had what looked like 100 in line. The only vendors without a long wait were the snoballs, the vegan booth, and Royal House. Not wanting to wait in line, I opted for the latter, their gulf fish beignets was two long stripps of battered (not breaded) fried fish, with a bit of a sweet sauce (like a thin syrup) and then topped with powdered sugar.. The mix of sweet and savory tasted better than it sounds.

Beers were $5 for a can of Abita, and there were no lines for any of the drinks.

I got there too late for John Gros, but caught some of the Brassaholics, always fun.

Besides the crowds and lines, the main problem was the weather. The predicted afternoon warm-up never came, so it was cloudy and maybe 60 degrees, with a dampness in the air. I'd have hung out longer had it been warmer. This was originally supposed to be early October but got postponed by predicted tropical weather; I'm guessing next year it will revert to the earlier date.

Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post
                Yeah, I caught a bit of Beignet Fest.

It was in the Festival Grounds, but not fenced in at all. The main observation from the fest was the crowd size. Biking through the park beforehand, every parking spot was taken all the way up to the interstate. The Festival Grounds was big enough that there was plenty of room, but most of the food lines were crazy-long, 50-deep and not moving fast. Loretta's Pralines had what looked like 100 in line. The only vendors without a long wait were the snoballs, the vegan booth, and Royal House. Not wanting to wait in line, I opted for the latter, their gulf fish beignets was two long stripps of battered (not breaded) fried fish, with a bit of a sweet sauce (like a thin syrup) and then topped with powdered sugar.. The mix of sweet and savory tasted better than it sounds.

Beers were $5 for a can of Abita, and there were no lines for any of the drinks.

I got there too late for John Gros, but caught some of the Brassaholics, always fun.

Besides the crowds and lines, the main problem was the weather. The predicted afternoon warm-up never came, so it was cloudy and maybe 60 degrees, with a dampness in the air. I'd have hung out longer had it been warmer. This was originally supposed to be early October but got postponed by predicted tropical weather; I'm guessing next year it will revert to the earlier date.
                Cool thanks for the report.

Food lines are a big pain at these type of things. It was the same at Chicken Fest when like you I opted for the shorter line and got some excellent fried chicken livers.

The weather sounds like the same as we got here yesterday, after our long unseasonal hot spell was broken.

Comment

Frosty the drummer for Lee Michaels? I loved that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ohio View Post

But Burl sang on Rudolf...
                    But the character of Frosty was based on (and voiced by) Burl.

Comment

Run, Rudolph, run

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=cn9v4KS7FMA
                      Last edited by bennyboy; 4 days ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X