Wesolych Swat, Threadheads!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wesolych Swat, Threadheads!!!

Merry Christmas from beautiful Krakow, my music-loving friends.

I hope this day finds everyone safe & warm, surrounded by friends and family, something good to eat & drink, and of course some favorite music to accompany the festivities.

2017 has certainly been a crazy year, with far too many deplorable things going on around the world, but for me personally it is ending on a high, hopeful note, as in a few hours I am going to meet my lovely friend Ania's parents and brother for the first time, which is quite intimidating, as her Mom & Dad don't speak any English, and shamefully my Polish language skills are incredibly rudimentary after over 2 years living here. Christmas Eve in Poland is the most important day of the year here, and being invited to share it with someone's family is a huge honor, but Ania assures me that everything will be fine, and while I am nervous beyond words, I am hopeful that all will turn out OK in the end. (Of course any good thoughts, prayers, well wishes and crossing of fingers sent in my direction gratefully accepted)

Take good care everybody, I have made some amazing, lifelong friends via this message board, and I am grateful for all of you.

Matthew.

PS---For my Threadhead friends who don't celebrate Christmas, have a marvelous monday December 25th and if anyone is going out for Chinese, I would kill for some kung pow shrimp, which is not exactly easy to find in Poland...
    Last edited by MormonMatthew; 12-24-2017, 06:12 AM.

Merry Christmas indeed.

Good luck with all your endeavours, and may the Lord Be With You.

Comment

Cheers Mate! Good Luck and God Speed. All will be well.

Comment

Merry Christmas, Matthew, and good luck today. I have found that the best way to handle a potentially awkward situation is to drink as much as you can, then maybe a little more, of the strongest beverage you can find right before the event. Try it, and thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post
          Merry Christmas, Matthew, and good luck today. I have found that the best way to handle a potentially awkward situation is to drink as much as you can, then maybe a little more, of the strongest beverage you can find right before the event. Try it, and thank me later.
          Normally I would wholeheartedly subscribe to your sage advice, and in fact it has held me in good stead for many years previous, but in this case a different tactic is called for as I have somehow managed to do the impossible, namely I have found and become incredibly smitten with seemingly the only Polish woman on Earth who does not drink.

Seriously, I have been with Ania for almost 6 months, and in that entire time she has had a grand total of TWO glasses of wine, both while we were having a meal at an Italian restaurant. In fact a few days ago we were talking and I asked her to tell me about the drunkest she has ever been in her entire life, and she said that she has never had more than two alcoholic beverages in a single 24 hour period. (thankfully she didn't ask me to tell her about my most intemperate occasions)

Ania doesn't seem to have an issue with other people drinking around her, all of her friends enjoy piwo or wodka, and she says that her Mom & Dad like an occasional drink, and in fact on her recommendation I bought a nice bottle of French brandy (at the extravagant price of 40 Zloty, about $11.00 U$D, a small fortune here) to present to her Father tonight.

Anyway, she is a good influence on me, and that is putting it VERY mildly, and I am incredibly lucky to have her in my life. Life really is stranger than fiction.

Thanks to all for the good wishes, I could probably use a stiff drink about now, but I will have to make do with 7-Up for the time being...

Comment

I myself, feel that "good influences" are highly over-rated. That philosophy is why I continue to visit this bored.
            That being said, it sounds as if you have found yourself to be in a "good spot". That is great. You've earned it.
            Does Ania know about LSD?
            Last edited by 20-20; 12-24-2017, 11:42 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Wesolych Swat to you our Polish Ambassador!

​​​​​​

Comment

Do Twojego Dobrego Zdrowia

["to your good health" for the rest of us]

Comment

Merry Christmas Matthew!! Glad to hear everything is going well. Be sure to let us know how your evening goes. Take care.

Comment

What he said. When you get the handcuffs off, give us all the juicy details.

Comment

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and please, all you threadheads, Enjoy Every Sandwich.

Comment

Merry Christmas and Happy Monday! I had a great holiday weekend visiting my Mom and family near Scranton PA. Then I got to hopscotch around South Jersey to see my fella’s people and now I am home relaxing and getting ready to go to work tomorrow morning.
                        I got to cook for people I love, eat delicious things gifted to me, drink fancy Christmas beer and coquito. I got to fuss over my new niece and play with some fun kids. I watched White Christmas twice and laughed so hard with my best friend that was both laugh cried. It was a really good weekend! Edit to add that we had a white Christmas in Scranton. Which was cozy and pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
                          Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and please, all you threadheads, Enjoy Every Sandwich.
                          Hear Hear

We were lucky yesterday here for Christmas Day, it was a cloudy morning and then mid 70s all arvo.

Perfect for eating, drinking and being merry.

It was a bit of a battle getting up at 4.10 Am this morning.

As it is back to hot again today. And I have been at the Melbourne Cricket ground since 6AM trying sell over priced Merch to more than 90,000 Cricket fans at the Australia V England, Boxing Day Test Match.

And I really need a beer now.

Comment

Hey now matthew,

It is a pleasure to read about your Polish life and times, best of luck in the coming year. I have been away from this bored a lot of late, but I am heartened by your post. Looking forward to an update, sir.

Comment

I am so happy for you, Matthew!! Wishing you all the best for 2018. How does Ania feel about New Orleans music festivals? Will we perhaps be seeing you at the fairgrounds and/or the Patry in 2018?

Comment

Working...
                              X