~2018 - Lineup/Speculations/Rumours and Snowflakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Geoff Meadus View Post
    I'm totally thinking Jamiroquai! First American tour dates in 12 years and headlining Coachella. They would be a great fit for Fest!
    Agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by swag View Post
      A bunch of theater and larger club shows announced in recent days. Allman/Betts, Chris Robinson, St Paul, etc. I wonder which of them will also get Fairgrounds slots.
      I'd like to see Chris Robinson.

Comment

• Originally posted by brooklyngal View Post

Agreed.
        Id say a lock. Remember me, but what level were they when they hiatusized?

Comment

• Originally posted by brooklyngal View Post

I'd like to see Chris Robinson.
          Chris Robinson and some of the former Crowes are doing a small tour under the banner of "As the Crow Flies". They'll be in NOLA 4/28 at the Joy Theater, so no Jazzfest...but maybe some collaborations.

Comment

• Ive got tickets for the Chris Robinson Brotherhood in a couple of weeks, excited for that! But a Crows thing? Im way more geeked for the shows hes doing with the Green Leaf Rustlers. Theyll be in our foothills next weekend. Now, that lineup, with NOLA sit-ins, doing classic country - would be a really fun alternative show during fest. For Crows Stuff, Id probably still rather seenhear Richs Magpie Salute. But Im a guitar nut. Lead singer fans might think differently...

Comment

• Originally posted by duende View Post
              Ive got tickets for the Chris Robinson Brotherhood in a couple of weeks, excited for that! But a Crows thing? Im way more geeked for the shows hes doing with the Green Leaf Rustlers. Theyll be in our foothills next weekend. Now, that lineup, with NOLA sit-ins, doing classic country - would be a really fun alternative show during fest. For Crows Stuff, Id probably still rather seenhear Richs Magpie Salute. But Im a guitar nut. Lead singer fans might think differently...
              Very cool about the Green Leaf variation. I've a close friend who is a high school mate of Molo and likes to keep up with his band endeavors. Molo tells him that if you're not working than you're not getting paid. If you can remember to and are so inclined give a short overview of your experience after the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by duende View Post
                For Crows Stuff, Id probably still rather seenhear Richs Magpie Salute. But Im a guitar nut. Lead singer fans might think differently...
                Marcus King is one of the guitar players in the "As The Crow Flies" band. If you want guitar...he's pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by zzupschuck View Post

Marcus King is one of the guitar players in the "As The Crow Flies" band. If you want guitar...he's pretty good.
                  I love Audley too, there's just something bone-crushing about those open-G riffs that Rich does. Did you pick up, or listen to, the Magpie disc? Their re-do of "What is Home?" just slays me. Rich brought the ladies singing back-up, Sven's in the line-up and they added Nico Bereciartua, a stunningly good picker from Argentina, who I recognized from a Playing For Change video. It's six-of-one if you're a fan of the songbook.

Comment

• Anderson East is a relative newcomer, whose style would fit in.

Comment

• Originally posted by kyfester View Post
                      Anderson East is a relative newcomer, whose style would fit in.
                      Most here would know him from the Ram truck commercial, but if he can do that with a Dylan tune, he may be a song interpreter on a Joe Cocker level in time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ice nine View Post
                        Rod Stewart & Cyndi Lauper aren't doing anything late April/earlyMay
                        Cyndi Lauper is playing here in three weeks at Family Gras in Metairie. Not sure if that would exclude her from jazzfest. She puts on a fine show.
                        I would love to see The War On Drugs, but I have a hard time envisioning them at jazzfest
                        I am really hoping that the Dixie Dregs will get a fest set in addition to the HOB show they are playing. All original lineup, 40th year reunion.

Comment

• Originally posted by windowman View Post
                          I am really hoping that the Dixie Dregs will get a fest set in addition to the HOB show they are playing. All original lineup, 40th year reunion.
                          Yeah U Rite!

Comment

• Anybody have "inside info", or at least an educated guess, on an announcement date?

Comment

• My uneducated guess is 1/23, anyone else?
                              Last edited by Thraak; 01-15-2018, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• Maybe one of us data geeks should take a look at previous years lineups and record BNA overlap with the various major festivals. I'd love to see that info over the past few years.

Comment

Working...
                                X