For Gards Re:Plant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Gards Re:Plant

In some thread here that I've completely forgotten, you asked for my opinion on the Robert Plant show that I was going to attend last week. I believe that you stated that he was scheduled for the Byron Bay festival? I've included a link below to a video that he released prior to this American tour. It's a perfect representation of what you will or would see. Here are my impressions;
    1) Plant has stated repeatedly that he has no desire to be remembered primarily as "the former singer in Led Zeppelin". You will not be seeing and hearing a Led Zeppelin concert redux.

2)As in the video below, I saw the show at night in a theatre. That is what the show is designed for. Stage lighting is very, very good and plays a big part in the performance. It's not a "light show" as such, but the lights help to amplify his and the bands performance. I cannot see it translating well to an outdoor concert during the day in a big field such as the racetrack in New Orleans.

3) I stated that a few years ago in a performance at Lockn' that I had been a bit disappointed and was apprehensive as to what he would bring to the stage this time around? I was very satisfied this time. He was more energetic and there was more "spark". That came about primarily, I believe, because of a new band member. They've added a new fellow to the "Space Shifters", a 40 year old English kid by the name of Sean Lakeman. He plays a number of stringed instruments and is quite the musician. Plant is old now, his voice while still good is not as commanding as it once was and Lakeman's instruments fill in the gaps that Plant used to not need just because of his former vocal range. That is what was sorely needed. Plant (or someone) recognized that and took the appropriate corrective measures.

Summation: I am so glad that I did not let one lesser quality show deter me. Robert Plant......nicely done.

https://youtu.be/Tnwi8e5NxhY

This is not at all what I was expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
      This is not at all what I was expecting.
      Ok, I'll bite ... what were you expecting?

Comment

Originally posted by 20-20 View Post
        In some thread here that I've completely forgotten, you asked for my opinion on the Robert Plant show that I was going to attend last week. I believe that you stated that he was scheduled for the Byron Bay festival? I've included a link below to a video that he released prior to this American tour. It's a perfect representation of what you will or would see. Here are my impressions;
        1) Plant has stated repeatedly that he has no desire to be remembered primarily as "the former singer in Led Zeppelin". You will not be seeing and hearing a Led Zeppelin concert redux.

2)As in the video below, I saw the show at night in a theatre. That is what the show is designed for. Stage lighting is very, very good and plays a big part in the performance. It's not a "light show" as such, but the lights help to amplify his and the bands performance. I cannot see it translating well to an outdoor concert during the day in a big field such as the racetrack in New Orleans.

3) I stated that a few years ago in a performance at Lockn' that I had been a bit disappointed and was apprehensive as to what he would bring to the stage this time around? I was very satisfied this time. He was more energetic and there was more "spark". That came about primarily, I believe, because of a new band member. They've added a new fellow to the "Space Shifters", a 40 year old English kid by the name of Sean Lakeman. He plays a number of stringed instruments and is quite the musician. Plant is old now, his voice while still good is not as commanding as it once was and Lakeman's instruments fill in the gaps that Plant used to not need just because of his former vocal range. That is what was sorely needed. Plant (or someone) recognized that and took the appropriate corrective measures.

Summation: I am so glad that I did not let one lesser quality show deter me. Robert Plant......nicely done.

https://youtu.be/Tnwi8e5NxhY
        Thanks for the information.

I also was slightly underwhelmed by his last show that I saw, even though I appreciated the quality of the musicianship.

Polantski will be playing is a huge tent at night time, so both visuals and sound should be fine.

Procuring a decent spot in the tent and access in and out can be problematic, if the chair people don't adhere to the rules and the lazy/moronic security to do not enforce them.

Sound familiar?

Comment

Originally posted by festivalgirl View Post

Ok, I'll bite ... what were you expecting?
          More green, leafy and less Robert.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post

More green, leafy and less Robert.
            Like his beloved countrymen the noble yet fearsome Koala, ol' Gards does indeed enjoy his eucalyptus, that much is for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post

Like his beloved countrymen the noble yet fearsome Koala, ol' Gards does indeed enjoy his eucalyptus, that much is for sure...
              With the day I am having I could do with some stuff right now

Comment

Page and Plant, good show; knighthood?

Comment

Working...
                X