Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everywhere else it's just Tuesday..HAPPY MARDI GRAS !!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everywhere else it's just Tuesday..HAPPY MARDI GRAS !!!!

Getting ready to crack my first beer and join the madness.

Getting ready to start work......

Comment

Gumbo on. Hurricanes done. Muffaletas coming. Partyin' in SWFL.

Comment

Checking in from Kansas. Confirming that yes, it's just Tuesday. Nuts. I did stream 'OZ this morning.

Comment

Happy Mardi Gras Day!!!!

Comment

I brought a locally-sourced king cake to work, I'll bring'em into Mardi Gras kickin' & screamin' if I have to! Happy Fat Tuesday, y'all.

Comment

I just was watching some of the webcams and talked my buddy into going back down next year. It's a good way to celebrate 40!

Comment

Even UPS must be partying ... from the website.

* Mardi Gras May Impact Service in Areas of Louisiana...More

<https://www.ups.com/us/en/service-alerts.page?id=alert1>

Comment

So , how long since Tips had a webcam/streaming? They used to. Wasnt the best,but sounded great. . I thought I might hit Galactic last night, but no more I guess.

Comment

Oh, no, here on the beach in Mexico (Progreso) it is Fat Tuesday and Mardi Gras is ON! A parade, two stages of music, beer, delicious food and dancing everywhere. But no king cake.

Comment

Wish I could be there! Happy Mardi Gras all!

Comment

I spoke to the other half about an hour ago and a few Krewe were at DBA and seemed to be having a fine old time.

The weather has been good. The only negative I heard from them was about the still blocked off area on the riverfront for works that have been going on for far too long.

I hope they have them finished by FQF?

Comment

What a great day here in New Orleans! Perfect weather for the parades, second lines, street partying and sightseeing! Also caught some of The New Orleans Klezmer All Stars, Mardi Gras Indian Orchestra with Sunpie Barnes and a few songs of Bonerama to close out the day. Life is good!

Comment

What a great day indeed! I had a gig with Dick Deluxe in the Voodoo Garden at the House Of Blues that was much appreciated by the crowd. One fella said to me, "I don't know what it is but you guys just seem to know what's good!" and a pretty lady told me, "I wish I could take music like this back to Rhode Island." You feel like you are fulfilling some sacred duty when you hear things like that...

And, needless to say, it was a trip to hit the streets of the Quarter at 3:00 after that. I love the dance parties on the corners on Royal Street. Made my way to Frenchmen St., only slightly disabled with my bike and bass, and caught my buddies Tom Chute and Jack Kolb killin' it with Andy J Forest at the Spotted Cat and the annual show by The Fessters with David James and Tim Robertson on guitars at the Blue Nile.

All in all, it was just a fantastic day. New Orleans did itself proud this Mardi Gras. So much creativity and excitement throughout.
                            Last edited by chopitulas; 1 week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
                              What a great day indeed! I had a gig with Dick Deluxe in the Voodoo Garden at the House Of Blues that was much appreciated by the crowd. One fella said to me, "I don't know what it is but you guys just seem to know what's good!" and a pretty lady told me, "I wish I could take music like this back to Rhode Island." You feel like you are fulfilling some sacred duty when you hear things like that...

And, needless to say, it was a trip to hit the streets of the Quarter at 3:00 after that. I love the dance parties on the corners on Royal Street. Made my way to Frenchmen St., only slightly disabled with my bike and bass, and caught my buddies Tom Chute and Jack Kolb killin' it with Andy J Forest at the Spotted Cat and the annual show by The Festers with David James and Tim Robertson on guitars at the Blue Nile.

All in all, it was just a fantastic day. New Orleans did itself proud this Mardi Gras. So much creativity and excitement throughout.
                              You are fulfilling some sacred duty!

Comment

Working...
                              X