Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marjie's Grill

Thoughts?

It's on my short list and gets good reviews but probably won't make the cut this fest. Hoping someone here has been.

Comment

I went last year for dinner and it was great. Asian inspired, no fancy decor and everything we ordered was delicious. Id go again.

Comment

(updated thread title with correct spelling, to enable future searches)
        https://www.marjiesgrill.com/
        Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Decent food, especially if you want to get away from the usual heavy duty NOLA fare. Try one of the new poke joints around town (Pike Loa or Poke Chan) too plus Tito's Ceviche & Pisco for some cleaner food.

Comment

I went with windowman for lunch in January.

The decor is certainly not fancy. It looks like a house that's been converted, and it's very casual.

The lunch is a real bargain, as you basically buy a combo plate of a main course plus sides, and each additional side costs a modest amount. The whole bill was pretty cheap, on the whole. I'm told it's a bit more expensive for dinner.

This is mostly Asian fare, so there's a lot of fish sauce in dishes, and we thought it was a little too salty, but the dishes were definitely not short on flavor. The sides really are outstanding and unusual. A vegetarian would likely enjoy their meal with so many things to choose from.

I would certainly go back before a Chickie-Wah-Wah show, since the venue is within walking distance.

Comment

Thank you everyone! Yep, I was looking into this place before Erica Falls at CWW on Thursday. Sounds like a yummy place. Thanks! xo

Comment

They are doing sort of a mashup of Asian and Southern cooking. Great lunch spot, for sure.

Comment

Their fried chicken came in rated as one of the "Top Ten" (actually top 11) in the Times-Picayune. You can read the review at Nola.com. Includes a short interpretation of the owners approach to cooking.

Comment

My favorite restaurant in New Orleans. Although there are some Asian aspects, it is an innovative southern menu. Had bbq pig's tail for the first time. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                      My favorite restaurant in New Orleans. Although there are some Asian aspects, it is an innovative southern menu. Had bbq pig's tail for the first time. I doubt you'll be disappointed.
                      BBQ pig's tail? I live around 10 blocks away. I may go there right now and try that out!

Comment

BBQ Pigs Tail??? I'm from Southwest Louisiana...my grandfather always said you can eat everything on a pig but the toenails. But I never thought about the tail.

Comment

Are they kosher?

Comment

Working...
                          X