Tank and the Bangas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank and the Bangas

before I forget I just wanted to post a thread in appreciation of Tank and the Bangas. Even if they aren’t your thing musically you’ve got to love them. I really appreciate that they clearly LOVE jazz fest. The last song of their set was a super energized cover of Nirvana “Smells like Teen Spirit” and when the song was over Tank did sort of a half turn to face the audience and declared “THIS IS JAZZ FEST!”
    Later I saw at least two band members out and about on the grounds enjoying themselves. Given that we’ve seen some newer bands that shall not be named who sort of (for whatever reason) don’t identify with Jazz Fest; for me I loved seeing Tank’s enthusiasm for it.
    So I think that even if their sound isn’t something you dig you e got to love their spirit. That’s all!

Well said. Definitely not my thing but we weren’t going anywhere during that set. They seemed to be having a great time and loving the moment. Looking forward to seeing them again in the years to come.

Comment

Saw them with Sweet Crude in Richmond last Friday night. Great job by both. Fun night and Richmond loved them.

Comment

I just love that every year they try to bring something new to their performance at Jazz Fest. Their music is definitely not for everyone, but you can't knock their creativity.

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
          before I forget I just wanted to post a thread in appreciation of Tank and the Bangas. Even if they aren’t your thing musically you’ve got to love them. I really appreciate that they clearly LOVE jazz fest. The last song of their set was a super energized cover of Nirvana “Smells like Teen Spirit” and when the song was over Tank did sort of a half turn to face the audience and declared “THIS IS JAZZ FEST!”
          Later I saw at least two band members out and about on the grounds enjoying themselves. Given that we’ve seen some newer bands that shall not be named who sort of (for whatever reason) don’t identify with Jazz Fest; for me I loved seeing Tank’s enthusiasm for it.
          So I think that even if their sound isn’t something you dig you e got to love their spirit. That’s all!
          Caught them at the Baton Rouge Blues Fest(small stage) a few years back. Blew me away!

Comment

Originally posted by groovy1967 View Post
            I just love that every year they try to bring something new to their performance at Jazz Fest. Their music is definitely not for everyone, but you can't knock their creativity.
            Back in the late 90's when the first wave of Frenchmen St. bands first played the fest that was the spirit many of them displayed--whether adding extra musicians to fill out their sound for the bigger venue than their usual haunts (Dragon's Den, Mermaid, etc.) or creating some sort of spectacle/performance art. Often the latter was not appreciated by the powers that be–--Royal Fingerbowl "shooting" Beatle Bob as Carlo Nuccio cordoned off the stage with crime scene tape and Dr. Liz attended to the "wounded"; Keng of Iris May Tango duct taping bassist Andy Wolf to the piano. Neither was ever invited back!

Comment

Working...
            X