Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marignygreg View Post
    What is lame ? The venue or the band ??
    Haha, I just do not like the band and was hoping the new venue got awesome shows for JF late nights this year and now 2 nights of weekend 1 are a band I think is lame and overrated. Music is a matter of taste though, so for those who like the biscuits, that 2 day pass price is probably really good for a new venue on the weekend of JF.

Also, isn't this quite early to be announcing late night shows during JF weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by tuggernuts View Post

You kidding me? That's a great price. These shows WILL sell out and you will easily be able to unload a ticket if you want. Also, if you're looking to score drugs, during JF, this is the first place you should look.
      You got me rethinking this whole thing. Some good points here.

Comment

Originally posted by cp_deb View Post

You got me rethinking this whole thing. Some good points here.

lol

not to mention, those shows wont be a single 90 min set each
        . There will be 3+ hours of music by tDB each night.

Comment

This was an interesting setbreak on a headfull of LSD:

November 25, 2006 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
          Set 1: Mulberry's Dream, Basis For A Day > Spacebirdmatingcall 1 > Basis For A Day, Echoes 1 2 >
          Set 2: > Echoes 3
          , M.E.M.P.H.I.S. > Hot Air Balloon, Mindless Dribble 4 > Digital Buddha 1 > Mr. Don
          E: Spraypaint
          1 Unfinished
          2 Band left stage while middle section looped over house P.A. throughout setbreak
          3 Ending only 4 With 'Crickets' tease

Went to this show solo and sober. Made friends with a couple dudes waiting in line who were flying high on what the one dude claimed was from an older head and from out of a jar burried underground since the 70s. I’ve heard this story a few times and I’m always skeptical but he was adamant and friendly about it. They offered me some and since I was doing the show solo I wasn’t sure and said wait till we get inside. When I got onto the floor, I run into them again and when I hear the opening notes of Mullberry’s I’m like “hell yeah, dude, it’s on, I’m game.”

Turned out to be some of the cleanest L I ever had.

At setbreak, the loop of wind and beeping of echoes is still going. I go to the bar to get a drink and it’s a biscuits crowd at Hammerstein on a Friday night, and with the sound effects going it’s even more like a scene out of night of the living dead than usual, and the hordes of moll’d zombies with arms stretched out just pushing up to the bar groaning and shouting for drinks. Somehow I was in one of those perfect Jedi modes and magically got right up to the front with almost no effort. I order a drink. Bar girl has a totally overwhelmed look on her face dealing with these crazed zombie wooks. She’s like “this is f****** insane”. I tip her and I see she is exasperated, well I had a few pre rolled Js in my pocket and I was feeling so on point this night, i put a J inside the bill and tell her “a little something for later. You’re gonna need it.” She looks and is like “Yes!”, she was totally pleased, and I felt like the man.

I run back into the guys who dosed me and they are all psyched and hugs and “we’re going up to the balcony to see our friends up there, come with us.” It think he sweet talks the usher, maybe pays him $10 for the three of us to go upstairs. We get up and there is space for us front and center of the balcony. We meet their friends and at that moment we’re all like “this is STILL echoes!” “This is crazy” “they’re gonna come out and finish it!”

Looking down at the floor, you could feel the anxious freaky energy eminating from the wriggling throng of zombies as this eerie loop was pushing people their wits’ ends’. It was a long setbreak too, I think, at least 45 minutes. Felt like forever. Eventually they came out and finished it. The Hot Air Balloon later in the set was super fucking rocking, but honestly the setbreak was the most memorable part of that show! In a great way. And looking back on it I feel pretty good about being dosed and solo and handling it so smoothly

I listen to the show here:

https://archive.org/details/db2006-1...mbhod2t03.flac

Comment

HAHA i was at ^^^^^ that show as well. Set break was super weird. the spy>nov rain from the night before was also epic. been way too long since the biscuits played jazzfest.

Comment

If you aren't familiar with the band, start here.

start at Baazar Escape and let it play from there:

https://archive.org/details/db2006-1...mc64d2t02.flac

Comment

Am I reading it wrong, or is the cheapest ticket to the Avett Brothers $190? maybe it's just the pre-sale? I also noted that this Avett show is all ages, something I'm not accustomed to seeing in a "club" around these parts.......
                https://concerts1.livenation.com/event/1B0055499C3563AB

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
                  Am I reading it wrong, or is the cheapest ticket to the Avett Brothers $190? maybe it's just the pre-sale? I also noted that this Avett show is all ages, something I'm not accustomed to seeing in a "club" around these parts.......
                  https://concerts1.livenation.com/event/1B0055499C3563AB
                  The Citi presale is offering GA SRO tickets for $59.50 +fees.
                  Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

So far, the announced Jazzfest shows don't excite me but on the positive side it's quite possible some of the other venues won't be so packed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                      So far, the announced Jazzfest shows don't excite me but on the positive side it's quite possible some of the other venues won't be so packed.
                      I like the way you think! Let the gridding begin!!!

Comment

need a new opener....??

The Foo Fighters, the band that was set to christen The Fillmore New Orleans' grand opening Feb. 15 and 16, canceled the shows this morning due to a band member's injury, according to their publicist. No further details were provided.

https://www.theadvocate.com/gambit/n...d8695e2a0.html

Comment

Originally posted by innertube View Post
                          need a new opener....??

The Foo Fighters, the band that was set to christen The Fillmore New Orleans' grand opening Feb. 15 and 16, canceled the shows this morning due to a band member's injury, according to their publicist. No further details were provided.

On Saturday night, they broadcast a live FF show from Atlanta. We only watched about 45 minutes of it before we bailed and thought Dave Grohl looked exhausted; he didn't appear to be enjoying himself at all, which is unusual for a FF show.

They're supposed to have had a Mardi Gras parade; wonder what the status of that is?

Also, since he and Trombone Shorty are pals, wonder if at least a couple Foos might show up at the Saenger for TS's night show during JF.....

Comment

Originally posted by CEfromLA View Post

On Saturday night, they broadcast a live FF show from Atlanta. We only watched about 45 minutes of it before we bailed and thought Dave Grohl looked exhausted; he didn't appear to be enjoying himself at all, which is unusual for a FF show.

They're supposed to have had a Mardi Gras parade; wonder what the status of that is?

Also, since he and Trombone Shorty are pals, wonder if at least a couple Foos might show up at the Saenger for TS's night show during JF.....
                            The parade is also canceled

Comment

Originally posted by innertube View Post
                              need a new opener....??

No prob. Maybe they will now get someone good to play instead. Better yet, just let Shorty and Pres Hall play both nights and do a proper inauguration!

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

No prob. Maybe they will now get someone good to play instead. Better yet, just let Shorty and Pres Hall play both nights and do a proper inauguration!
                                Be careful what you wish for I have seen hundreds of main stream acts from Arena to Stadiums in a pretending to w#rk capacity, since the early 80s.

And you could get a lot lot worse than the Foo Fighters music, plus their attitude and respect was fine and their crew were OK in the numerous times
                                they have been down here.

i

Comment

Working...
                                X