Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything You Love About New Orleans

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by marignygreg View Post

    Another question, why a longtime troll on this board is allowed to impersonate the CEO of Festival productions and the producer and director of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival on his own website ?? Things can't be that stringent if that is happening.
    100%, meant to make that point more directly, but Sunday-night semi-shitfaced posting didn't help with the focus (I kinda said it in a previous post, but not all that clearly then either).

    While the traffic on this bored has slowed considerably, there will be newbies or occasional lurkers not familiar with the situation, who think faux-Quint is the man himself. In showing this thread to an occasional Fest-goer who's attended enough to be familiar with Quint, he asked, "Wait, that's not Quint posting that video?"

    The fact that faux-Quint's posts are often racist and intending to provoke doesn't do much to promote the goodwill and good nature of Fest, which I thought was really the main point of this site and bored.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by revjimk View Post
      boohoo....
      I believe the latest catch phrase is *womp womp*...

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by cp_deb View Post

        I believe the latest catch phrase is *womp womp*...
        I thought that it was "Orange is the New Black"

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by carlindj View Post
          While the traffic on this bored has slowed considerably, there will be newbies or occasional lurkers not familiar with the situation, who think faux-Quint is the man himself.
          Good point.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by cp_deb View Post

            I believe the latest catch phrase is *womp womp*...
            maybe oompa loompa?
            Last edited by Murphy; 08-02-2018, 09:06 PM.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by 20-20 View Post

              I thought that it was "Orange is the New Black"
              Awwwwwwwwww yeah.

              ​​​​​​​​

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by cp_deb View Post

                I believe the latest catch phrase is *womp womp*...
                I'm not interested in the latest catch phrase, nor Smartphones or the 3 pt. shot in basketball. If you haven't noticed, I can be a bit of a curmudgeon....
                So what is "whomp, whomp" supposed to mean, anyway?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by carlindj View Post

                  100%, meant to make that point more directly, but Sunday-night semi-shitfaced posting didn't help with the focus (I kinda said it in a previous post, but not all that clearly then either).

                  While the traffic on this bored has slowed considerably, there will be newbies or occasional lurkers not familiar with the situation, who think faux-Quint is the man himself. In showing this thread to an occasional Fest-goer who's attended enough to be familiar with Quint, he asked, "Wait, that's not Quint posting that video?"

                  The fact that faux-Quint's posts are often racist and intending to provoke doesn't do much to promote the goodwill and good nature of Fest, which I thought was really the main point of this site and bored.
                  Whats so racist about his last post? Black people HAVE created the music of New Orleans!
                  Why do some people take respecting black people as anti-white?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by carlindj View Post

                    100%, meant to make that point more directly, but Sunday-night semi-shitfaced posting didn't help with the focus (I kinda said it in a previous post, but not all that clearly then either).

                    While the traffic on this bored has slowed considerably, there will be newbies or occasional lurkers not familiar with the situation, who think faux-Quint is the man himself. In showing this thread to an occasional Fest-goer who's attended enough to be familiar with Quint, he asked, "Wait, that's not Quint posting that video?"

                    The fact that faux-Quint's posts are often racist and intending to provoke doesn't do much to promote the goodwill and good nature of Fest, which I thought was really the main point of this site and bored.
                    Here,here!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by revjimk View Post

                      Whats so racist about his last post? Black people HAVE created the music of New Orleans!
                      Why do some people take respecting black people as anti-white?
                      I agree. I didn't find the video to be racist. Obviously there are other cultures that make New Orleans what it is but it's the African culture that is dominant. And, as the Rev said, for the most part black people have created the music of New Orleans.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I would like to see fake Quint banned. And whatever mluke thinks of next should be banned as well.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by revjimk View Post
                          So what is "whomp, whomp" supposed to mean, anyway?
                          For that answer, Google "Cory Lewandowski womp womp" for the background; the phrase has taken off and been used all over the place since.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
                            I would like to see fake Quint banned. And whatever mluke thinks of next should be banned as well.
                            Why? What did he say that was so terrible?

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by cp_deb View Post

                              For that answer, Google "Cory Lewandowski womp womp" for the background; the phrase has taken off and been used all over the place since.
                              I googled it. NO WAY would I use a phrase coined by a Trump swine to show his lack of concern for separated families & the mentally handicapped.
                              "Boohoo" worked just fine for what i was trying to say, thank you

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by revjimk View Post

                                I googled it. NO WAY would I use a phrase coined by a Trump swine to show his lack of concern for separated families & the mentally handicapped.
                                "Boohoo" worked just fine for what i was trying to say, thank you
                                It wasn't coined by Cory Lewandowski. Lewandowski. It's an old trombone sound effect used in many cartoons and old sitcoms. Lewandowski's callous use of it was reprehensible, given the situation. Here's a clip of the sound effect he used to mock the immigrant children being separated from their families. I'm sure it will sound familiar to you.

                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUpQHRCnj6A

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X