Roger, Chris and Marty Stuart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger, Chris and Marty Stuart

This is a tour I'd love to see! Not coming to NOLA but how about next Jazz Fest!!!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...eunion-704131/

Thanks Chop for the heads up. I'd never have known otherwise. My first choice venue was sold out already but my second had good seats. Pricey for an old retiree but what can you do?

Comment

See Baconwrapped's review at http://buzzbands.la/2018/07/25/a-swe...ic-at-the-ace/ We will see this in Boston in Sept.

Comment

Glad you guys are getting to see the show!

Comment

We've got tickets for NYC at the end of September!

Comment

There is an amazing audience recording from the Ace Hotel in LA in July on the download site dimeadozen. Wow! What a show. They do a 1/2 hour of country songs the Byrds did before "Sweetheart Of The Rodeo" and then do the whole album and more. I would LOVE to see this show!

Comment

I will be at the Ryman show in October. Really looking forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post
                That should be special. Good for you My Lord. I confess to being somewhat surprised, would not have suspected that musical format being to your tastes. The first two performers most everyone of a certain age and mentality is familiar with. Marty perhaps not so much. A real treasure and "keeper of the flame". Multi-talented, a gifted photographer as well as musician, but of equal importance is his appreciation and love for the roots of country music. A collector of substance, he has an enormous array of artifacts that he has gathered. A remarkable individual and genuine gentleman.

Comment

Got tickets for Sept 20 at the Beacon Theater in Hopewell, VA, just south of Richmond and not too far from our place. Nearby sits a nice local brewery ,Trapezium, which also serves a tasty little pizza. Looking forward to a good night. I've been very impressed with the videos of this band so far.

Comment

Originally posted by 20-20 View Post

That should be special. Good for you My Lord. I confess to being somewhat surprised, would not have suspected that musical format being to your tastes. The first two performers most everyone of a certain age and mentality is familiar with. Marty perhaps not so much. A real treasure and "keeper of the flame". Multi-talented, a gifted photographer as well as musician, but of equal importance is his appreciation and love for the roots of country music. A collector of substance, he has an enormous array of artifacts that he has gathered. A remarkable individual and genuine gentleman.
                    Your surprise is inappropriate. I have known Marty Stuart's music for a long time, and indeed met him (and his famous wife) many years ago.
                    I have never seen McGuinn though, so really looking forward to the show.

Comment

Your surprise is inappropriate. I have known Marty Stuart's music for a long time, and indeed met him (and his famous wife) many years ago.
                      I have never seen McGuinn though, so really looking forward to the show.
                      Unfounded perhaps, but I prefer to believe that I am never “inappropriate”.

Comment

sorry if this has been posted already...

Turn! Turn! Turn!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btAnb_wGSMM

Comment

OMG I love the Ryman.

Comment

An email from canine horror reminded me that I wanted to look into catching this - at first I saw that tickets for the NYC show were at lowest $277. Then I saw that another night was added and more reasonable tickets were available for that show- the date of which fits into my schedule much better. So I'm psyched to have this on my calendar.

Comment

I envy you... I would LOVE to see this.

Comment

Working...
                              X