Legalize Louisiana! (Might happen!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legalize Louisiana! (Might happen!)

The Bayou State doesn’t have the most permissive medical marijuana program, but its lawmakers continue to push for progress.

Silly for a state with revenue problems to not consider the benefits of legalization and taxation.

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
      Silly for a state with revenue problems to not consider the benefits of legalization and taxation.
      Agree

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
        Cannot we forego the taxation aspect? At least for us elderly retirees.

Comment

Originally posted by 20-20 View Post

You want to give away $ 200 Million Dollars a year? If you want a full legalization like Edmond Jordan does, you'll need this argument to convince those politicians who in principle support it, but not yet are ready to vote for it. Think twice.

Comment

Hopefully they'll let you grow your own....

Comment

Considering that New Orleans airport is named after perhaps the first advocate of legalization (Satchmo), it would be a very appropriate move

Comment

Originally posted by revjimk View Post
                Considering that New Orleans airport is named after perhaps the first advocate of legalization (Satchmo), it would be a very appropriate move

Comment

Is there a “Willie Hugh Nelson” airport in Texas?
                  if there isn’t then there ought to be.

Comment

Is there a “Willie Hugh Nelson” airport in Texas?
                    if there isn’t then there ought to be.
                    I saw Willie last week.
                    Outside of my personal, I whiffed pot smoke twice. Weird.

Comment

It aint easy, this legalization thing.
                      Medical marijuana in Louisiana likely won't be available until at least November — two months later than initially hoped — after regulatory delays pushed back production for one of the

Comment

Medical is one thing, overall legalization is another. It should not be done JUST for revenue. Legalized sports betting is coming quickly, and it will be a revenue boost.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesthinker 72 View Post
                          Medical is one thing, overall legalization is another. It should not be done JUST for revenue. Legalized sports betting is coming quickly, and it will be a revenue boost.
                          What is funny is that when CA was medical only (20 years) there were no regulations, or few.

Now that we have full legalization there are loads of regulations. All came into effect on July 1st and all stores and dispensaries had to dump all products that did not meet the new regs (of which there are thousands). The sales were pretty great.( 75% off!).

I always thought that, for some reason, that medical was cover to not be regulated and keep the industry underground. Which, in regards to medical stuff, seems strange. The rest of medical is regulated, prescriptions, safety packaging, etc.

Comment

Benny, curious, do you get your supply from the stores/dispensaries......or go the old school route ?? I'm just wondering if it was 'easier' in the old days. Also, is it cheaper from the stores ?

Comment

I can't speak for Benny, but I can say it's definitely not cheaper in the stores, mostly because of taxes. However, stores provide you with a relatively large selection of strains and products, and having that selection, and in some cases, expertise of the budtender, is worth every penny. Personally, I've found some great San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle dispensaries, Denver dispensaries have been a mixed bag of both good and bad, but the Los Angeles dispensaries have been terrible, bordering on really sketchy. That said, a good portion of Los Angeles and the Valley has a great delivery service. Their prices are somehow cheaper than dispensaries, and there's no fee or tipping for deliveries, which arrive in less than 10 minutes! I was sitting at the bar in a swanky Brentwood restaurant, I pulled up the website on my phone, scanned my driver's license, ordered my stuff, paid with my credit card, and left a message for the driver to call when approaching the restaurant. Four minutes later, he was there, and I stepped outside to get my bag of goodies.

Last month, I was at Terrapin Crossroads, and while taking a smoke break with some old timers, I asked them how legalization has changed things. Marin County does not allow dispensaries, which I thought was absurd...until I learned that the black market was flourishing. These guys were either growing their own or getting great stuff at really cheap prices, as in close to the prices I was paying for Mexican brick in college 20 years ago.
                              Last edited by groovy1967; 08-17-2018, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X