No announcement yet.

All things Tedeschi/Trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My sister was at the show last night, said it was pretty low energy without much joy. Understandably now. Had to be really hard to get stoked to be on stage...

RIP Kofi, thanks- <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTEsA0cTB5A
    Last edited by Tye 1on; 02-16-2019, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• WOW!!! What a sad loss to the community. He was such a nice guy and was such a pleasure to have him sit in with Johnny V..
      https://archive.org/details/jvt2017-05-01.picklemix
      https://archive.org/details/jvt2017-05-04.picklemix
      https://archive.org/details/jvt2017-05-04.picklemic
      And my most recent TTB recording https://archive.org/details/jvt2017-05-04.picklemic

RIP brother, love you!!!!

Comment

• RIP Kofi, you will be missed!

Comment

• RIP Kofi. Shocking! Huge loss. What a player! Damn

Comment

• Susan barely gets through Space Captain last night. Hard to watch.

Last edited by McGregor; 02-16-2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• So sorry to hear this. He was a terrific musician and added alot of extra goodness to that band. RIP.

Comment

• http://bt.etree.org/details.php?torrentId=604341

Tedeschi Trucks Band
                15 February 2019 (Friday)
                Warner Theatre
                Washington, D.C.

Source: Microtech Gefell M21 > nBob actives > Sound Devices MixPre-6 (24/48)
                Transfer: MP6 > iMac. Tracked and resampled to 16-bit via Sound Studio, FLAC via xACT

Recorded by Alex Leary

+++ Songs for Kofi +++

01. Signs, High Times
                02. I'm Gonna Be There
                03. When Will I Begin
                04. Walk Through This Life
                05. Strengthen What Remains
                06. Still Your Mind
                07. Hard Case
                08. Shame
                09. All The World
                10. They Don't Shine
                11. Don't Know What It Means
                12. Bound For Glory
                13. Midnight In Harlem
                14. Part of Me
                15. The Storm
                16. E: More and More
                17. Space Captain

Notes:

- Night of Kofi Burbridge's death. He was on medical leave from band.
                - An Evening With Tedeschi Trucks Band.
                - Release day of new record, Signs.

Last night's show. They played their new album, except for the last song "The Ending" to start the show. To my ears the new songs sound much better live than on the album.
                Last edited by jjazznj; 02-16-2019, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• Ah, Space Captain was the final encore, that helps explain the heavyness...

Comment

• Comment

• Kofi is the only guy from the Derek Trucks Band who became part of TTB. I feel he was the anchor for Derek moving in a new direction. He knew he had another soloist and a guy who could join him in the jams, particularly the "Bitches Brew" kinda stuff Derek seems to like. With Kofi as the fulcrum and knowing what Susan could do, Derek could add the horns and vocalists to give him the flavors he was seeking. This has to be rough for the band and they have handled it with class and dignity honoring the commitment that the show must go on, as I'm sure Kofi woulda wanted.

Comment

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
                        Kofi is the only guy from the Derek Trucks Band who became part of TTB. I feel he was the anchor for Derek moving in a new direction. He knew he had another soloist and a guy who could join him in the jams, particularly the "Bitches Brew" kinda stuff Derek seems to like. With Kofi as the fulcrum and knowing what Susan could do, Derek could add the horns and vocalists to give him the flavors he was seeking. This has to be rough for the band and they have handled it with class and dignity honoring the commitment that the show must go on, as I'm sure Kofi woulda wanted.
                        I would have loved if those guys had made an instrumental album of more jazzier type of material.

As for TTB, that keyboard player Gabe Dixon is really good especially considering he just recently joined the band and they have such a large repertoire. He was featured a lot more than I thought that he would be at the two shows I recently saw at the Saenger.

Comment

• I thought he really shined at the 2nd Saenger show, particularly since he musta had less than 10 shows under his belt. I thought Derek was on fire from the first not on Monday and that it was Gabe's night on Tuesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
                            Kofi is the only guy from the Derek Trucks Band who became part of TTB. I feel he was the anchor for Derek moving in a new direction. He knew he had another soloist and a guy who could join him in the jams, particularly the "Bitches Brew" kinda stuff Derek seems to like. With Kofi as the fulcrum and knowing what Susan could do, Derek could add the horns and vocalists to give him the flavors he was seeking. This has to be rough for the band and they have handled it with class and dignity honoring the commitment that the show must go on, as I'm sure Kofi woulda wanted.
                            Mike came over from DTB also - but I imagine you meant original DTB members

Comment

• Originally posted by netdrew View Post

Mike came over from DTB also - but I imagine you meant original DTB members
                              Right...what was I thinking! Of course there's Mike.

Comment

• Susan and the band conjuring the spirits on the 15th. RIP Space Captain.

Comment

Working...
                                X