All things Tedeschi/Trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
    Very interested to learn more of St EOM myself. reading about it, I figured that his property Pasaquan was a place i visited long ago, but no, that was Howard Finster's Paradise Garden, also in Georgia, and also visionary as all hell.
    The South seems to have several of these types. I absolutely love Walter Anderson, as well. I seem to recall the Talking Heads had an involvement with Finster.
    Last edited by chopitulas; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post

My girlfriend and my buddy Johnny Woodstock (who used to have a late night show on WWOZ before he moved to Dallas) both said the same thing, that TTB captures lightning in a bottle. They sure did with that song. I also like the sorta "Bitches Brew"/electric Miles jam at the end of the song before, "Circles 'Round The Sun." Derek likes that kind of groove, something they often go into in the live show. Nice to have a "studio" version...

And it has led me to discover what Pasaquan is, a 7 acre property in GA full of psychedelic folk art by Eddie Owens Martin, who called himself St. EOM (as in Om.) Maybe folks from Georgia know of the place but it was new to me. Parts of the video, like when the band is standing in a circle during "Pasaquan," is filmed there and you see the motifs and colors popping up in it throughout. Kinda reminds me of when I had my mind blown discovering Walter Anderson in Ocean Springs, MS (and that wasn't just the mushrooms.)

I am sure the place will get a few more visitors now. I know I'd like to see it!

https://365atlantatraveler.com/pasaquan/
      Notice that song Pasaquan is played by just Trucks, Dixon on B3, Boone, and Greenwell.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Notice that song Pasaquan is played by just Trucks, Dixon on B3, Boone, and Greenwell.
        I believe they played it on one of the Fireside Sessions last year that was the stripped down band in that configuration. I do think Isaac Eady is on it, too, as the drum solo sounds like two drummers to me.

Comment

• Pasaquan is simply a masterpiece. I feel like one of those snooty wine people (hints of chocolate, blueberries and cardamom). But, I feel like this is an exquisite piece that harkens back to Electric Ladyland, early Santana, Allmans, but stands on its own as fresh and unique at the same time. Some of the interplay between guitar and B3 is sublime. Really, just extraordinary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Molo View Post
            Pasaquan is simply a masterpiece. I feel like one of those snooty wine people (hints of chocolate, blueberries and cardamom). But, I feel like this is an exquisite piece that harkens back to Electric Ladyland, early Santana, Allmans, but stands on its own as fresh and unique at the same time. Some of the interplay between guitar and B3 is sublime. Really, just extraordinary.
            I can't stop playing the damn thing. Derek's tone is just killin'...

My buddy likened it to "East-West."

I spoke to the Louisiana Music Factory and they have the "Episode I" CD there. Saves me the shipping from the band's site and I'd just as soon give the LMF my money.
            Last edited by chopitulas; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• I like it, but then I like everything this band does. Interesting choices here - somewhat 2022 Super Session on Pasaquan. It’s a good compromise between furthering the band’s brand and giving Derek an instrumental outlet like his earlier solo band’s arrangements. Nothing too challenging to long-time fans, which is just an observation. And, as if to prove my point about buying concert tix for shows 1+ year in advance, we have tickets to the TTB/Los Lobos October show in town… and the most recent TTB material will be 2 hours of new stuff that no one here will have heard. Shades of seeing Sturgill Simpson do Sailor’s Guide To Earth in its entirety for a Fox Theater full of fans of his first albums.

Comment

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post

I can't stop playing the damn thing. Derek's tone is just killin'...

My buddy likened it to "East-West."

I spoke to the Louisiana Music Factory and they have the "Episode I" CD there. Saves me the shipping from the band's site and I'd just as soon give the LMF my money.
                It definitely has more of a 70s sound than any song they've released. Not just the playing but the recording and production.

Comment

• The first Moon video is fabulous. Their new music is as exciting as anything they’ve done and I can’t wait to see them in my hometown in August.

Comment

• Originally posted by cp_deb View Post
                    The first Moon video is fabulous. Their new music is as exciting as anything they’ve done and I can’t wait to see them in my hometown in August.
                    Ha - you're right, it's in August, not October. So, "only 10 months in advance" purchase!

Comment

• The booklet in the CD package says, yes, both drummers play on "Pasaquan" and that the voice at the of "Circles 'Round The Sun" is St. EOM.

I believe "Pasaquan" is a live track, as well, as I read somewhere it was something Derek would have the band take a stab at at the end of sessions and that cut was the one he felt they nailed.
                      Last edited by chopitulas; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• One ticket for Red Rocks Friday July 29. $80

Current price $ 178

FRI JUL 29, 2022 – 6:30 PM[COLOR=#b84405 !important]Tedeschi Trucks Band[/COLOR]
                        Los Lobos, Gabe Dixon
                        Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison CO

Resale Tickets
                        Order Total

$178.85

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
                          One ticket for Red Rocks Friday July 29. $80

Current price $ 178

FRI JUL 29, 2022 – 6:30 PM[COLOR=#b84405 !important]Tedeschi Trucks Band[/COLOR]
                          Los Lobos, Gabe Dixon
                          Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison CO

Resale Tickets
                          Order Total

$178.85

Hey Man we are going up for that show as well. We'll have to tip a couple brewskis!!

Comment

• Originally posted by barrymojo View Post

Hey Man we are going up for that show as well. We'll have to tip a couple brewskis!!
                            Sounds like a game plan. Only going Friday night. Will be up in Lyons CO that weekend for Rocky Grass.
                            text me at Red Rocks and we can meet up before the show. Plan to get there early and tailgate.
                            Last edited by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic); 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post

Sounds like a game plan. Only going Friday night. Will be up in Lyons CO that weekend for Rocky Grass.
                              text me at Red Rocks and we can meet up before the show. Plan to get there early and tailgate.
                              281 799 2184
                              That's the spirit, leaving one of my bucket list fests for another bucket list venue an hour away! And that's a fair trade - TTB/Lobos for Punch Bros.

Comment

• Had great time talking with Teeter-Totter (Harry?) at the Patry. Great guy, he said he lives up that way and hoped to go see them as well . Yo Teeter? And like duende we've never been to Red Rocks, so we're really stoked !

Comment

Working...
                                X