All things Tedeschi/Trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by duende View Post

That's the spirit, leaving one of my bucket list fests for another bucket list venue an hour away! And that's a fair trade - TTB/Lobos for Punch Bros.
    We will catch the Punch Brothers at Telluride Bluegrass next weekend. Car packed with camping gear. Out the door early Sunday.

Comment

That's the spirit, leaving one of my bucket list fests for another bucket list venue an hour away! And that's a fair trade - TTB/Lobos for Punch Bros.
      Bad case of FOMS.
      FOMS is better than no FOMS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post

We will catch the Punch Brothers at Telluride Bluegrass next weekend. Car packed with camping gear. Out the door early Sunday.
        Rub it in! Seriously envious, and happy for ya. What camp did you get into?

Comment

Rub it in! Seriously envious, and happy for ya. What camp did you get into?
          We have 10 Krewe members with 5 tents and cover area with cooking equipment. Couple from Tulsa OK,
          Tuson AZ, St Louis and Houston. We already have a location on the creek.

Comment

• duende:
            Sure would like to team up with you and your Krewe at Luck Reunion in 2023.
            Hope to score a ticket next year.

Comment

• Happy birthday to Derek Trucks, now 43. Awesome sit in with the Dave Matthews Band in Jacksonville last night.

https://youtu.be/r0gO1wzObmQ
              Last edited by chopitulas; 06-08-2022, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post

My girlfriend and my buddy Johnny Woodstock (who used to have a late night show on WWOZ before he moved to Dallas) both said the same thing, that TTB captures lightning in a bottle. They sure did with that song. I also like the sorta "Bitches Brew"/electric Miles jam at the end of the song before, "Circles 'Round The Sun." Derek likes that kind of groove, something they often go into in the live show. Nice to have a "studio" version...

And it has led me to discover what Pasaquan is, a 7 acre property in GA full of psychedelic folk art by Eddie Owens Martin, who called himself St. EOM (as in Om.) Maybe folks from Georgia know of the place but it was new to me. Parts of the video, like when the band is standing in a circle during "Pasaquan," is filmed there and you see the motifs and colors popping up in it throughout. Kinda reminds me of when I had my mind blown discovering Walter Anderson in Ocean Springs, MS (and that wasn't just the mushrooms.)

I am sure the place will get a few more visitors now. I know I'd like to see it!

https://365atlantatraveler.com/pasaquan/
                I live pretty close by and have been there a number of times - usually when visitors come by - it's pretty cool. Just be aware St. EOM liked to put penises on a lot of the statues and wall reliefs - so if you have kids or prudish types it might be a bit of a giggle when the kids ask odd questions.

As to the Miles stuff - he does In A Silent Way with the band into Midnight in Harlem every once in a while. It's great when he gets into that groove and a nice build into Midnight.

Comment

• Originally posted by netdrew View Post
                  As to the Miles stuff - he does In A Silent Way with the band into Midnight in Harlem every once in a while. It's great when he gets into that groove and a nice build into Midnight.
                  Early on, the intro to "Midnight In Harlem" was definitely based on "In A Silent Way." I remember seeing them at the Alabama Theater in Birmingham in 2011 and my jaw dropped realizing that was what it was. Over the years, it morphed into more of an Indian tonality thing until it started incorporating a big whole tone from Kebbi Williams like an Om chant. When they did it at the Saenger last January, it had returned to the "In A Silent Way" approach.

Not only do you get that cool intro from Derek, he always sorta take a deep breath when the vocal ends before heading off into a textbook example of how to build a solo, something he has reduced me to tears doing more than once, even when I knew it is coming.
                  Last edited by chopitulas; 06-10-2022, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Not only do you get that cool intro from Derek, he always sorta take a deep breath when the vocal ends before heading off into a textbook example of how to build a solo, something he has reduced me to tears doing more than once, even when I knew it is coming.
                    YYR, Tchoup. He's the only guitarist who brings me to tears.

Comment

• Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post

YYR, Tchoup. He's the only guitarist who brings me to tears.
                      The guy is incapable of ever being disappointing.

Comment

• BTW TTB drummer Isaac Eady is at the Maple Leaf tonight, Sun June 12.

Comment

• This is a really well done mashup of audience videos and audio from Derek Trucks' amazing sit in with Dave Matthews Band in Jacksonville last week. I have been kinda obsessed with this and really enjoyed all the work put in to make this so much better than the other videos I'd seen. One of the best sit ins ever...

https://youtu.be/AgUl79k5UNk

Comment

This is a really well done mashup of audience videos and audio from Derek Trucks' amazing sit in with Dave Matthews Band in Jacksonville last week. I have been kinda obsessed with this and really enjoyed all the work put in to make this so much better than the other videos I'd seen. One of the best sit ins ever...

Pretty cool even though I'm not much of a DM fan. Derek with Los Lobos at one of those Clapton Crossroads shows a few years back doing Don't Keep Me Wondering was pretty cool. He also played with Sonny Landreth at one of those shows doing Congo Square.

Comment

This is a really well done mashup of audience videos and audio from Derek Trucks' amazing sit in with Dave Matthews Band in Jacksonville last week. I have been kinda obsessed with this and really enjoyed all the work put in to make this so much better than the other videos I'd seen. One of the best sit ins ever...

Thanks, That was killer!

Comment

• IMO, no idea why Los Lobos is opening for Tedeschi Trucks in New Haven. Should be the other way around

Comment

Working...
                                X