Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things Tedeschi/Trucks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by vegas View Post
    IMO, no idea why Los Lobos is opening for Tedeschi Trucks in New Haven. Should be the other way around
    It's TTB's show, they invited LL and they are a much bigger draw that LL.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by vegas View Post
      IMO, no idea why Los Lobos is opening for Tedeschi Trucks in New Haven. Should be the other way around
      This is TTB's Wheels Of Soul tour they do every summer across the country with a couple of other copesetic bands. And they are the bigger draw at this point. They do multiple nights in theaters like the Warner, the Saenger, in the Winter as well as a multi-night run at the Beacon in the Fall, pretty much all sellouts. I don't think Los Lobos is capable of doing that.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by vegas View Post
        IMO, no idea why Los Lobos is opening for Tedeschi Trucks in New Haven. Should be the other way around
        He gets it! Don't be surprised if David Hidalgo sits in on a tune - I know there's a lot of mutual respect there, and still waters run deep. It's always great when you see someone like David outside of his usual role.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by vegas View Post
          IMO, no idea why Los Lobos is opening for Tedeschi Trucks in New Haven. Should be the other way around
          Yeah, I don't think Los Lobos are selling out two shows at Red Rocks as a headliner. Or one show at The Greek Theater in Berkeley. I think both bands are great, and looking forward to seeing them at a show.

          Comment


          • Cool interview with Derek:

            https://www.al.com/life/2022/06/moon...o-alabama.html

            I wish I was going to one of these shows. Hopefully they will be back here at The Saenger in January once again although I'd rather see them at a venue with standing/GA.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
              Cool interview with Derek:

              https://www.al.com/life/2022/06/moon...o-alabama.html

              I wish I was going to one of these shows. Hopefully they will be back here at The Saenger in January once again although I'd rather see them at a venue with standing/GA.
              Thanks for that. I have tickets for Mobile. Wish it were at the Saenger there but it is at the bigger Civic Center Arena.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by vegas View Post
                IMO, no idea why Los Lobos is opening for Tedeschi Trucks in New Haven. Should be the other way around
                They pretty much mix and match in each others sets - last time at Red Rocks - Derek sat in for Bertha - it killed, Susan joined on a What's Going On - she and David were great - horn section also was in this mix and it really was a good one, Then Alicia Chakour did Buddy Miles Them Changes with Los Lobos - rocked. Then in TTB set - David joined on Had to Cry today, The did some blues with Caesar - Sky is Crying, Then the whole bands pretty much got together for the last 3-4 songs - ending with "A Little Help from my friends"


                Here is the LL set - https://archive.org/details/LL2016-0...-05.aud.flac16

                Here is TTB set - https://archive.org/details/ttb2016-08-05

                I've seen every Red Rocks show by TTB and this night was the best one of all of them over the last 10 years

                David and Derek trading licks is a thing of beauty.


                And for completeness here is North Mississippi AllStars set - https://archive.org/details/nmas2016-08-05.CK-61_active
                Cody sat in on quite a few numbers as well.
                Last edited by netdrew; 06-17-2022, 11:40 AM.

                Comment


                • Mark your calendars, June 28th at 9PM ET / 6PM PT, for the premiere of I Am The Moon: The Film - Episode 2. Ascension on the band's YouTube channel. This album features a track with Susan on drums, you're not going to miss that are you?

                  288765195_583650479782825_3208990438086849992_n.jpg

                  Comment


                  • Not bad but I liked Episode I much more.

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuf8eKna4wA

                    Comment


                    • It was a treat to get Part I in total in Mobile Saturday night. And they added 2 from Part II in Indy last night. Amazing they have so much new material to work with...the band is on a major roll.

                      The crowd was a little lame in Mobile but maybe it was the venue. The crowd at the two Saenger shows in January was really into it, responding to every solo Derek played viscerally in an even deeper way than before. Didn't get that sense in a big open arena with chilly A/C.

                      I am glad we went, that's for sure!
                      Last edited by chopitulas; 06-29-2022, 02:12 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
                        It was a treat to get Part I in total in Mobile Saturday night. And they added 2 from Part II in Indy last night. Amazing they have so much new material to work with...the band is on a major roll.

                        The crowd was a little lame in Mobile but maybe it was the venue. The crowd at the two Saenger shows in January was really into it, responding to every solo Derek played viscerally in an even deeper way than before. Didn't get that sense in a big open arena with chilly A/C.

                        I am glad we went, that's for sure!
                        Yeah, not a good venue for a band like them. My favorite shows by TTB were outdoors with most people standing, just a better vibe and party atmosphere. That Fest appearance a few years back with Jimmie and Billy was pretty cool, let's hope they come back next year and of course play The Saenger again next Jan.

                        How was Pasaquan live? Did Susan and others leave the stage for that song?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

                          Yeah, not a good venue for a band like them. My favorite shows by TTB were outdoors with most people standing, just a better vibe and party atmosphere. That Fest appearance a few years back with Jimmie and Billy was pretty cool, let's hope they come back next year and of course play The Saenger again next Jan.

                          How was Pasaquan live? Did Susan and others leave the stage for that song?
                          I like them in the vaudeville theaters like the Saenger and The Warfield (and places like The Warner and The Beacon.) Derek has said those are his favorites because you can bring the volume way down there in a way you can't outdoors. And I think rooms like that are better at uniting the crowd and lifting the band with their energy.

                          But seeing them at the Fairgrounds was great, too.

                          Pasaquan live was amazing, taken at a slightly faster tempo and with a bass solo. Derek uses 335 for it. This is a decent fan shot footage of it in Mobile (by a guy from New Orleans) if it opens. It was a nice capper to the run through Crescent that held the crowd throughout.

                          https://m.facebook.com/groups/Tedesc...8991395198230/

                          Los Lobos was great, too,, but no Hidalgo sit in with TTB.
                          Last edited by chopitulas; 06-29-2022, 04:58 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by chopitulas View Post

                            I like them in the vaudeville theaters like the Saenger and The Warfield (and places like The Warner and The Beacon.) Derek has said those are his favorites because you can bring the volume way down there in a way you can't outdoors. And I think rooms like that are better at uniting the crowd and lifting the band with their energy.

                            But seeing them at the Fairgrounds was great, too.

                            Pasaquan live was amazing, taken at a slightly faster tempo and with a bass solo. Derek uses 335 for it. This is a decent fan shot footage of it in Mobile (by a guy from New Orleans) if it opens. It was a nice capper to the run through Crescent that held the crowd throughout.

                            https://m.facebook.com/groups/Tedesc...8991395198230/

                            Los Lobos was great, too,, but no Hidalgo sit in with TTB.
                            As long as people are standing in the orchestra seats I'm good. When they first started out I'd go to their shows in the NE and early on in Chicago where everyone sat throughout, even at The Beacon in NYC which I'm not into at all. Even worse is when people stand then sit then stand then sit. I saw them in Central Park which was probably my favorite show of theirs. I've lost track at this point how many times I've seen them. I do get why he likes to play those venues though. Hard to play something quiet at Jazz Fest when you hear some bass booming from over at Congo Square. haha.

                            Comment


                            • Been watching those Clapton/Trucks tour vids lately. Why didn't I go see any of that?
                              So good.

                              Comment


                              • I'm finally having some time to devote to the new albums and I am loving them. I especially adore this song
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqUdFArkQm8
                                but I love so many songs on the new stuff!!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X