All things Tedeschi/Trucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pirate looks at -- View Post
    They played Telluride Bluegrass Festival this year, and those of you that have been to TBF, know how good the sound is there, and with the Mountains all around us it was magical! It doesn't hurt to have Jerry Douglas and Sam Bush sit in either!
    OH MAN!!!! Sounds wonderful!!! I almost went to that this year instead of JF, as you know. Not only did they have TTB but also the Wood Brothers (how were they?) two of my all time faves. I really have my eye on that fest and also Blues and Brews in 2019.

Comment

The Wood Brothers were awesome, everybody was awesome! A transistor radio sounds awesome at 8700 feet surrounded by the majesty that is Telluride. Check out festivarian.com lots of great information there. If you like to camp, I can hook you up with some great people that you can camp with. I will warn you, sleep before you get to Telluride, and after you leave. There will be music 24/7.

Comment

Camping? Thatís a joke right? Isnít that what Boy Scouts and homeless people do?
        I had enough camping in Viet Nam.

all of the above I stand by. However, in order to not be accused of being ďsnarkyĒ I must add that your offer to help folks is really very cool. I have camped my entire life but at 72 it has lost some of itís allure. If not all. 24/7 music is also not as attractive now that cocaine has gone out of fashion.
        Last edited by 20-20; 08-10-2018, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Cocaine has gone out of fashion? That's news to me!

Comment

Originally posted by 20-20 View Post
            Camping? Thatís a joke right? Isnít that what Boy Scouts and homeless people do?
            I had enough camping in Viet Nam.

all of the above I stand by. However, in order to not be accused of being ďsnarkyĒ I must add that your offer to help folks is really very cool. I have camped my entire life but at 72 it has lost some of itís allure. If not all. 24/7 music is also not as attractive now that cocaine has gone out of fashion.
            Well at almost 67 I guess I am lucky to be able to handle camping! As for the 24/7 music, I have found that a good pair of ear plugs mutes it enough that I eventually fall off into a nice and easy slumber!

Comment

The whole Beacon run right here.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...5yXv60syT3oOCx

Comment

Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
                Wow. Pretty spectacular. They just announced their winter/spring, and first weekend of jazzfest they are in London. Still hope for second weekend but that's a little discouraging. Perhaps the Mormon TH will bring some Euros into the fold though.

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

Wow. Pretty spectacular. They just announced their winter/spring, and first weekend of jazzfest they are in London. Still hope for second weekend but that's a little discouraging. Perhaps the Mormon TH will bring some Euros into the fold though.
                  When West Coast? They are ignoring us, just like every other band from the East does. Damn. Maybe summer but where and when?

Comment

Just nabbed my DC tix at the Warner. Love their 2 weekend residency in feb. Year 3 for us. My only contribution to Tickebastard for the year.

Comment

Originally posted by larrybalmur View Post
                      Just nabbed my DC tix at the Warner. Love their 2 weekend residency in feb. Year 3 for us. My only contribution to Tickebastard for the year.
                      Love the residency, wish they could do that in SF too. Residencies seem to be gaining a lot. If I was a band, Id do them often. Still got to tour, to get fans in Peoria or Sacramento to come out, but not dragging your crap around and traveling has to be appealing.

Comment

Two nights at the Saenger. Jan 28-29. Commence to crying about ticket prices!

Comment

so...does that knock them out for Jazz Fest?

2 nights in New Orleans may be a bit much??...is something else going on??

and I could not get the link to work from their website...??...so I have zero idea on price...??

Comment

price range appears to be $30-150, which is about right for them, since I paid $150 last time at the Saenger for 2nd row pit (so worth it).
                            I would say jazzfest is a close call; these Saenger dates are more than 90 days before second weekend (which is probably the geographic non-compete clause length) and first weekend they are in London already.
                            This may be all we get, and I plan on getting my fair share just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by innertube View Post
                              so...does that knock them out for Jazz Fest?

2 nights in New Orleans may be a bit much??...is something else going on??

and I could not get the link to work from their website...??...so I have zero idea on price...??
                              https://www1.ticketmaster.com/tedesc...1&minorcatid=1

$29.75 - $149.75

As far as JF, maybe or maybe not, depends on the contract. A 3 month radius clause would leave 2nd weekend as possible. Though it might preclude them being included on the JF announcement that will likely come out a week or two before the Saenger shows - so maybe look for a TBA on the dailies.

(H&LS beat me to it.)
                              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

The band presale starts tomorrow. Check their website for the info.

Comment

Working...
                                X