All things Tedeschi/Trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by McGregor View Post
    Been watching those Clapton/Trucks tour vids lately. Why didn't I go see any of that?
    So good.
    Yea, you right! I saw multiple shows at Madison Square Garden. Killer.

Comment

• Saw last night’s show. No Los Lobos due to unforeseen circumstances (assume Covid protocol?). So, got 2 TTB sets. Splurged for second row and was able to go with my daughter. Great show. The new stuff is still fresh. The Pasaquan was incredible. Susan was able to take lead on a couple of songs as well. But it was a joy to watch Derek up close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Molo View Post
        Saw last night’s show. No Los Lobos due to unforeseen circumstances (assume Covid protocol?). So, got 2 TTB sets. Splurged for second row and was able to go with my daughter. Great show. The new stuff is still fresh. The Pasaquan was incredible. Susan was able to take lead on a couple of songs as well. But it was a joy to watch Derek up close.
        I saw that they played without David Hidalgo the previous show although his amp and mike stand was on stage so something last minute must have happened. They said he'd be back in a few days.

Comment

• Sorry to hear Los Lobos in covid throes. But getting to hear a 2nd set of TTB instead of a Hidalgo-less Los Lobos is a big win. Without Hidalgo they are truly just another band from East LA.

Comment

• Caught the Wolftrap show and have to admit not seeing David Hidalgo was a bummer. When someone in the audience asked, Cesar Rojas tossed off "He'll be back in a few days, probably off partying somewhere". Kinda strange - hope band recovers well if it is, in fact, covid. TTB was incredibly good though - highlight for me was their cover of Cream's "Outside Woman's Blues". Badass guitar duel between Derek and Susan.....

Comment

• Seeing them at the Greek in Berkeley in August. Hopefully Los Lobos are back at full strength. Love me my TTB, but I still like the variety that Los Lobos brings. Definitely agree about Hidalgo. Cesar is good, but Hidalgo makes them something special.

Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by McGregor View Post
                Been watching those Clapton/Trucks tour vids lately. Why didn't I go see any of that?
                So good.
                Caught that tour in San Jose. Don't forget about Doyle Bramhall II as well.

Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by brpfest View Post

Caught that tour in San Jose. Don't forget about Doyle Bramhall II as well.

Cheers.
                  Saw that tour as well. Robert Cray was opener and also joined for a couple tunes. Two fun notes. I reminded my daughter at the TTB show that she had seen Derek at that show. I went with a friend in town and we took our 2 daughters who remain besties but were young and just happy to see a big show with their dads. She only remembered Clapton. For me, that show was memorable as I had seen Cray in town about 2 decades earlier at this little club called The Mineshaft when he was on a double bill with The Nighthawks. That remains maybe one of my top guitar shows ever because of the closeness of audience and performer. Almost 40 years of music connection and 2 of 3 with my daughter makes it extra nice.

Comment

• You can pay $12.99 to join nugs.net for a month and watch the stream of both nights at Red Rocks next Friday and Saturday.

Comment

• I'm hoping Hidalgo is back with the Lobos. Tried to find some concert reviews and the best I could get were some set-lists. I think he sings lead on a few of the tunes they played so I'm hopeful , have any of y'all heard? The tour hit Huber Heights Ohio last night, Illinois tomorrow and St. Louis Wednesday.
                      Last edited by barrymojo; 07-25-2022, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by barrymojo View Post
                        I'm hoping Hidalgo is back with the Lobos. Tried to find some concert reviews and the best I could get were some set-lists. I think he sings lead on a few of the tunes they played so I'm hopeful , have any of y'all heard? The tour hit Huber Heights Ohio last night, Illinois tomorrow and St. Louis Wednesday.
                        The cancelled a few shows but did play last night so I would think that he is probably back. He does sing a few of those songs that they played although they played Love Special Delivery and What's Going On without him last week. On a side note I did not know that they have a new drummer as Bugs went back to Mexico.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/los-l...-5bb2d750.html

https://www.jambase.com/article/tede...-setlist-audio
                        Last edited by jjazznj; 07-25-2022, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post
                          You can pay $12.99 to join nugs.net for a month and watch the stream of both nights at Red Rocks next Friday and Saturday.
                          best $100.00 I spent in January! looking forward to that stream!
                          also while your on - watch Billy Strings 2nd night at the Ryman! the 3rd night was interesting too - Les Claypool sat in for a few songs.

Comment

• Originally posted by barrymojo View Post
                            I'm hoping Hidalgo is back with the Lobos. Tried to find some concert reviews and the best I could get were some set-lists. I think he sings lead on a few of the tunes they played so I'm hopeful , have any of y'all heard? The tour hit Huber Heights Ohio last night, Illinois tomorrow and St. Louis Wednesday.
                            Dave was back last night.

Comment

• Tonight @ 8pm / 7pm Central Time

Tedeschi Trucks Band - I Am The Moon: Episode III. The Fall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSHsFAoXO0M

Comment

• I live in hope the Red Rocks shows will end up on the Net someday. (I know they are on Nugs.net.) The second one with Jerry Douglas sitting in looks incredible.

Comment

Working...
                                X