All things Tedeschi/Trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
    I live in hope the Red Rocks shows will end up on the Net someday. (I know they are on Nugs.net.) The second one with Jerry Douglas sitting in looks incredible.
    I gotta say I am generally opposed to paying for any type of subscriptions like MLBTV, NetFlix, cable tv in general etc but Nugs looks like something that may actually be worth it as so many acts I love seem to be on there.

Pasaquan with Jerry Douglas must have been cool. I'm sure the audio for both shows will pop up soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

I gotta say I am generally opposed to paying for any type of subscriptions like MLBTV, NetFlix, cable tv in general etc but Nugs looks like something that may actually be worth it as so many acts I love seem to be on there.

Pasaquan with Jerry Douglas must have been cool. I'm sure the audio for both shows will pop up soon.
      Nugs does a good job.

I was playing at the Hi Ho before the pandemic and met a guy there who worked for Nugs at Tip's. His job was to work with bands to have their show webcast by Nugs. As I recall, it was a pretty open offer. Not sure if such an arrangement exists today.

And speaking of Tip's, I did aee Robert Mercurio outside Pizza Delicious this afternoon and thanked him for keeping it going.

Comment

• https://archive.org/details/ttb2022-...-15d01t09.flac

The World Is A Ghetto and Anyday with the Los Lobos boys!

Tedeschi Trucks Band
        The Fabulous Fox Theatre
        Atlanta, Georgia
        7/15/2022

Disc I

01 Introduction
        02 Hear My Dear
        03 Fall In
        04 I Am The Moon
        05 Circles >
        06 Pasaquan >
        07 Drum Solo >
        08 *Pasaquan
        09 #The World Is A Ghetto
        10 @Keep On Growin'

Disc II

01 So Long Savior
        02 Do I Look Worried
        03 ^Anyday
        04 Life Is Crazy
        05 Bound For Glory
        06 That Did It
        Encore:
        07 I Want More >
        08 Les Brers In A Minor

* With The Sound Of Music Tease
        # With Fredo Ortiz, David Hidalgo, Cesar Rojas, And Steve Berlin Of Los Lobos
        @ With Fredo Ortiz, Louie Perez, David Hidalgo, And Steve Berlin Of Los Lobos
        ^ With Blue Sky Jam

Susan Tedeschi - Guitar And Vocals
        Derek Trucks - Guitar
        Gabe Dixon - Keyboards And Vocals
        Mike Mattison - Acoustic Guitar, percussion, And Vocals
        Brandon Boone - Bass
        Kebbi Williams - Saxophone
        Elizabeth Lea - Trombone
        Ephram Owens - Trumpet
        Adrian Jackson - Sousaphone
        Alicia Shakour - Vocals And Percussion
        Mark Rivers - Vocals And Percussion
        Tyler "The Falcon" Greenwell - Drums
        Isaac Eady - Drums

Recorded By: Z-Man
        Seeded By: Z-Man
        A Team Dirty South Recording

Comment

• Went to both nights at Red Rocks. The band was fabulous, the venue is amazing, the weather was wonderful. I can’t say I have had any concert experiences on consecutive nights that were any better, that’s for sure. They repeated just two songs from Friday night on Saturday: Hear My Dear and Pasaquan from I Am the Moon:Crescent. And since Jerry Douglas joined on Pasaquan on Saturday, it was a different version. Friday was stuff off the new records and covers, and Saturday was more of their catalogue, things like Midnight in Harlem and Anyhow. On Friday, Cesar and David from Los Lobos joined TTB for a few songs. On Saturday, Derek, Susan, the horns joined Los Lobos during their set. It was a celebration. Definitely recommend the Nugs videos, quality is excellent

Comment

• Sweet shows and nice review. Just saw Jerry Douglas yesterday at RockyGrass in Lyons with the Earls of Leicester and closing out the weekend with Tim O'Brien and Hot Rize, along with the legendary Peter Rowan. Del McCoury, Sam Bush and many other others over the 3 day weekend - with a red rock backdrop also and the St. Vrain river to boot......

Comment

• [QUOTE=danlachman;n871569]Went to both nights at Red Rocks. The band was fabulous, the venue is amazing, the weather was wonderful.

YYR! We only went Friday. Ran into one of our JF Krewe members. I've seen Los Lobos 12+ times over the last 20-25 years and their Red Rocks show has to
              be the best!
              Los Lobos was on Fire! Hope to score a ticket for next Wednesday in Houston for their sold out show.

Comment

• Originally posted by FestJester View Post
                Sweet shows and nice review. Just saw Jerry Douglas yesterday at RockyGrass in Lyons with the Earls of Leicester and closing out the weekend with Tim O'Brien and Hot Rize, along with the legendary Peter Rowan. Del McCoury, Sam Bush and many other others over the 3 day weekend - with a red rock backdrop also and the St. Vrain river to boot......
                Don't forget about great sets from Big Richard and We Banjo 3. We Banjo 3 might have been the highlight for myself.
                YYR on St Vrain, what a nice way to cool off. Another great weekend in Colorado.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post

Don't forget about great sets from Big Richard and We Banjo 3. We Banjo 3 might have been the highlight for myself.
                  YYR on St Vrain, what a nice way to cool off. Another great weekend in Colorado.
                  Those Irish fellas in We Banjo 3 were fantastic along with the all-girl Big Richard. But what a strong lineup for the whole weekend. Had to laugh when some regulars tried to explain the "tarp ticketing procedures" there....

Comment

• [QUOTE=Fred (Texas JF Fanatic);n871586]
                    Originally posted by danlachman View Post
                    Went to both nights at Red Rocks. The band was fabulous, the venue is amazing, the weather was wonderful.

YYR! We only went Friday. Ran into one of our JF Krewe members. I've seen Los Lobos 12+ times over the last 20-25 years and their Red Rocks show has to
                    be the best!
                    Los Lobos was on Fire! Hope to score a ticket for next Wednesday in Houston for their sold out show.
                    Is there any such thing as a bad or even average Los Lobos set? I have no idea how many times I've seen them sine the 80s, definitely more than a dozen but they have never disappointed. Electric, acoustic, rock, all Spanish whatever, always a blast.

Comment

• Originally posted by FestJester View Post

Those Irish fellas in We Banjo 3 were fantastic along with the all-girl Big Richard. But what a strong lineup for the whole weekend. Had to laugh when some regulars tried to explain the "tarp ticketing procedures" there....
                      Their "tarp ticketing procedure" is like no other festival. People start lining up at 11 PM so they can receive a random number at 12 midnight for the next morning.
                      The line must be 8 blocks long. Some of the camps have 40+ members so they normally get a number under 100. Thursday night was the only night I tried.
                      Ended up with numbers 844 & 1242. Was able to work the "system" and get front center for Saturday & Sunday.

Comment

• Teetertotter, let's go get stoned at Red Rocks Night one Los Lobos, TTB, no need to ask me twice, I was already there! Fantastic night!

Comment

• Shorty el al kicked ass at Red Rocks last month. Tomorrow, Iguanas in the Fort, free show, Friday, Son Volt at The Aggie, and Saturday GPJr. Runnin' Pardners at Washington's. Not to shabby now that Teetertotter gots a new pad in Old Town North, yaheardme.

Comment

• One thing I neglected to mention, and I don’t think anybody else has noted, is that Gabe Dixon is terrific. His set with his band was excellent both nights at Red Rocks, and he is excellent on keys and vocals in TTB. On Friday night he sang Gravity from the 3rd I Am the Moon record, and it was great.

Comment

• Originally posted by danlachman View Post
                              One thing I neglected to mention, and I don’t think anybody else has noted, is that Gabe Dixon is terrific. His set with his band was excellent both nights at Red Rocks, and he is excellent on keys and vocals in TTB. On Friday night he sang Gravity from the 3rd I Am the Moon record, and it was great.
                              They hit the jack pot finding that guy. Kofi Burbridge's shoes are big to fill but Gabe has brought a lot to the band. He is a killer keyboard player, especially on the organ, and brings another singing voice that blends well as well as another quality songwriter. The keyboard spot is an important component of the Tedeschi Trucks Band and this dude is outstanding.

Comment

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post

They hit the jack pot finding that guy. Kofi Burbridge's shoes are big to fill but Gabe has brought a lot to the band. He is a killer keyboard player, especially on the organ, and brings another singing voice that blends well as well as another quality songwriter. The keyboard spot is an important component of the Tedeschi Trucks Band and this dude is outstanding.
                                For sure!

Comment

Working...
                                X