All things Tedeschi/Trucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

So funny how tastes just vary. If you gave me a choice of CDs between Let Me Get By and Sailor's Guide To Earth, I would take the TTB everytime. Maybe it was just overhyped by reviewers, but I thought Sailor's Guide was the most over-rated thing I'd ever heard.
    +1. Don't know about overrated, I just thought it was downright weird. Totally o.t.t with all those darn string arrangements. I much preferred his earlier stuff. Mind you, on second thoughts it did win a grammy, so I suppose that makes it overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post

+1. Don't know about overrated, I just thought it was downright weird. Totally o.t.t with all those darn string arrangements. I much preferred his earlier stuff. Mind you, on second thoughts it did win a grammy, so I suppose that makes it overrated.
      Well, I am sure that we can all agree that neither album could match the sublime musical brilliance of Electric Light Orchestra's masterwork "XANADU", but perhaps it's not fair comparing anything to such a groundbreaking cultural icon.

Comment

Wish Benny would chime in on this thread. Hope you're doing okay, Bennyboy.

Comment

How much are TTB in Nola the next time around?

I just found my ticket to the great show at the JOY on October 19 2013. And standing room was $43.

Time certainly goes quickly.

Still one of the best shows I have seen, even a certain Lords misadventures with a selfie stick could not harsh our mellow on that night.

The sound from next to the mixing desk was brilliant and you could get a beer easy enough after a while.

Comment

So funny how tastes just vary. If you gave me a choice of CDs between Let Me Get By and Sailor's Guide To Earth, I would take the TTB everytime. Maybe it was just overhyped by reviewers, but I thought Sailor's Guide was the most over-rated thing I'd ever heard.
            The songs on "Sailor's Guide" are all WAY better live, especially since he ditched the horns and now rocks out much more.

Comment

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post

Well, I am sure that we can all agree that neither album could match the sublime musical brilliance of Electric Light Orchestra's masterwork "XANADU", but perhaps it's not fair comparing anything to such a groundbreaking cultural icon.
              I loved the first few ELO albums when there were still a rock n roll band. I think I gave up by the time they did Xanadu as that does not even ring a bell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post

I just found my ticket to the great show at the JOY on October 19 2013. And standing room was $43.

Time certainly goes quickly.

Still one of the best shows I have seen, even a certain Lords misadventures with a selfie stick could not harsh our mellow on that night.

The sound from next to the mixing desk was brilliant and you could get a beer easy enough after a while.
                I was in the balcony but agree that was perhaps the best sound I have ever heard. TTB's Front of the House mixer is fantastic, especially given all he has to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post

Seems Like Old Times...

Tickets for TTB shows in Paris, Zurich, Stockholm or Oslo (4 of the most expensive cities on Earth, where for example a beer in an "inexpensive" local's pub will cost at least 10 bucks) this April are running between $60-$80 U$D, so I am not having a hard time seeing how ticket sales for the Saenger are flat considering the rather steep ticket prices compared to average wages in the Crescent City.

In Brussels, a city where things are usually quite reasonable by Western European standards, the tickets are $40 each, and a nice hotel room a 5 or 10 minute walk from the venue is around $60 per night. A very affordable getaway for anyone without any other travel plans the last week of April...

Comment

They're playing the 23rd of May in Seattle, the night after The Stones are there. They have the day off for the Stones, so the possibility of a sit-in isn't out of the question. Susan already sat in with Mick at the White House gig a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post
                      Wish Benny would chime in on this thread. Hope you're doing okay, Bennyboy.
                      Have to agree, getting a little concerned about Benny, in fact lately I am coming to the forum to see if he is OK!

Comment

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post

Seems Like Old Times...

Tickets for TTB shows in Paris, Zurich, Stockholm or Oslo (4 of the most expensive cities on Earth, where for example a beer in an "inexpensive" local's pub will cost at least 10 bucks) this April are running between $60-$80 U$D, so I am not having a hard time seeing how ticket sales for the Saenger are flat considering the rather steep ticket prices compared to average wages in the Crescent City.

In Brussels, a city where things are usually quite reasonable by Western European standards, the tickets are $40 each, and a nice hotel room a 5 or 10 minute walk from the venue is around $60 per night. A very affordable getaway for anyone without any other travel plans the last week of April...
                        TTB in NOLA has a few $30 seats (pretty much sold out), plus $50,60,70,80,90. I'm not sure if the front few rows were more? But many shows at the Saenger seem to be priced with tiers at $50, $100, $150, so TTB looks reasonable to me. My pair for this run was $179 all-in; we had the exact same seats for the sold out Joe Bonamossa show last May and those came to $246. So I don't think it's pricing. Either Wynn is right about the weekday effect, or the promoters just misjudged demand when they decided to do two nights. Perhaps very few fans plan to do both nights.
                        Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

TTB in NOLA has a few $30 seats (pretty much sold out), plus $50,60,70,80,90. I'm not sure if the front few rows were more? But many shows at the Saenger seem to be priced with tiers at $50, $100, $150, so TTB looks reasonable to me. My pair for this run was $179 all-in; we had the exact same seats for the sold out Joe Bonamossa show last May and those came to $246. So I don't think it's pricing. Either Wynn is right about the weekday effect, or the promoters just misjudged demand when they decided to do two nights. Perhaps very few fans plan to do both nights.
                          i just checked my email receipt for the saenger shows. i am in row 5 on Monday night and my 4 tix averaged out to $109.50 after all taxes, fees, etc. They are my favorite live act in the world right now and i don't consider that to be outrageous to see my favorite live band from the 5th row of a beautiful intimate theater about 3 miles from my front door. The Saenger holds 2800. I don't think TTB can draw 5600 people on a Mon-Tues night in Nola at prices over $50 though. People from other places seem to think New orleans is always like it is when they visit. Except when they visit its jazzfest, mardi gras, a different music fest, etc. on a mon-tues in January, we're just another 400k person city where people don't make a ton of cash. As an example, i don't think ANY of the dead cover bands who are coming to nola for jazzfest have EVER played Nola OTHER than during jazzfest (a couple of DSO shows being the exception, and if memory serves, that's been years, and they got on the fest train too at some point). JRAD for example has NEVER played a non-fest Nola show. Umphrey's McGee couldn't sell out the Orpheum on a regular old night. We're a small town with, quite ironically, not too many hard core music fans. (as evidence for that last bit, I heard that at its peak WWOZ has never had more than 7000 members.)

Comment

Originally posted by DaBreeze View Post
                            They're playing the 23rd of May in Seattle, the night after The Stones are there. They have the day off for the Stones, so the possibility of a sit-in isn't out of the question. Susan already sat in with Mick at the White House gig a few years back.
                            TTB with The Stones? I highly doubt that.

Comment

i just checked my email receipt for the saenger shows. i am in row 5 on Monday night and my 4 tix averaged out to $109.50 after all taxes, fees, etc. They are my favorite live act in the world right now and i don't consider that to be outrageous to see my favorite live band from the 5th row of a beautiful intimate theater about 3 miles from my front door. The Saenger holds 2800. I don't think TTB can draw 5600 people on a Mon-Tues night in Nola at prices over $50 though. People from other places seem to think New orleans is always like it is when they visit. Except when they visit its jazzfest, mardi gras, a different music fest, etc. on a mon-tues in January, we're just another 400k person city where people don't make a ton of cash. As an example, i don't think ANY of the dead cover bands who are coming to nola for jazzfest have EVER played Nola OTHER than during jazzfest (a couple of DSO shows being the exception, and if memory serves, that's been years, and they got on the fest train too at some point). JRAD for example has NEVER played a non-fest Nola show. Umphrey's McGee couldn't sell out the Orpheum on a regular old night. We're a small town with, quite ironically, not too many hard core music fans. (as evidence for that last bit, I heard that at its peak WWOZ has never had more than 7000 members.)
                              I paid $113 for one ticket and $175 for a pit ticket. I would never sit upstairs in The Saenger or any other theater mainly because I do not want to sit at all. I wish they would play more GA type shows. The energy is always much better as is the partying aspect when I've seen them at GA shows. As for TTB selling tix in NOLA, I posted this on another page:

January is a tough month for tourism here in NOLA. After holidays and before Mardi Gras. There are not enough locals into TTB to sellout The Saenger for two nights on a Mon and Tues, especially at the prices that they charge. If the shows were later in the year and/or on the weekend they'd sell better. Not stopping me from going both nights! I prefer to go to shows during the week. Less people out so easier to get a drink or bite to eat before the shows.

Comment

FYI looks like Benny has been active on the book of faces recently. So maybe hes sick and tired of us.

Comment

Working...
                                X