All things Tedeschi/Trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

They sold out last time they played there. Long way off. I see both shows still selling out.
    hmm...ok...??

the last TTB show I went to in a theater...everyone remained seated until damn near the end...I like you do not like to sit down at a show with an electric guitar...I want to move and tap my feet...so it forced me to sit
    unless I wanted to be that guy...the Saenger is a great place...but it can get weird...sometimes I just get out of my seat and go stand next to the wall so I can move without disturbing other people...so far no one has come up
    to me in order to get me back in my seat...

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

TTB with The Stones? I highly doubt that.
      I can totally see The Stones feature Derrick on something like "All Down The Line" with Susan on backup vocals.

Comment

Originally posted by innertube View Post
        the last TTB show I went to in a theater...everyone remained seated until damn near the end...I like you do not like to sit down at a show with an electric guitar...I want to move and tap my feet...so it forced me to sit
        unless I wanted to be that guy...the Saenger is a great place...but it can get weird...sometimes I just get out of my seat and go stand next to the wall so I can move without disturbing other people...so far no one has come up
        It can be a problem. I had second row (pit, like real second row) for last january's TTB at Saenger. Spent the whole time vacillating between "maybe I should sit down cause i'm blocking the view of all these other people who apparently paid big money but don't like to dance" and "f*#k those people behind me, i need to move!"

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
          FYI looks like Benny has been active on the book of faces recently. So maybe hes sick and tired of us.
          I hope that's it, his profile here shows his last post was 3 weeks back.

Comment

hmm...ok...??

Well I was way off on that one about them selling out. I can't remember last year at The Saenger if everyone sat down or not. I will only sit downstairs and close to the stage as many times the floor stands and the upper sections do not. I have no intention on sitting for either TTB show. I go stand on the side if everyone else is sitting.

Comment

hmm...ok...??

I do the same thing. So far so good.

Comment

I suppose however one feels about the Tedeschi Trucks Band's music, the focus here should really be on the devastating financial impact that the poor ticket sales will have on beloved Threadhead "Quint's" plan to scalp his extras at the Saenger.

"One Way Or Another, This Darkness Got To Give..."
                Last edited by swag; 01-13-2019, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Amazingly neither of next weeks TTB shows are even close to selling out. They are both about halfway with great seats still available for both shows. January in New Orleans, especially on a Monday and Tuesday is a tough sell and the ticket prices don't help. This is one of the lulls here after the holidays and Saints playoff games with Mardi Gras and then festival season including FQF and Jazz Fest just around the corner.

Comment

so it is not just New Orleans where they are not selling well...this is what the Municipal in Shreveport does when tickets do not sell well...

https://www.jambase.com/article/tede...anooga-tickets

Comment

• Originally posted by innertube View Post
                      so it is not just New Orleans where they are not selling well...this is what the Municipal in Shreveport does when tickets do not sell well...

Tedeschi Trucks Band Offers Free Tickets For First Responders, Active Military Personnel & More

Tonight, Tedeschi Trucks Band brings their tour in support of the forthcoming Signs to Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Auditorium in Chattanooga, Tennessee. A special offer has been made to local first responders, furloughed government employees and active duty military personnel.

Comment

• Saenger too:

"We would like to invite furloughed government employees, active duty military and first responders to come see Tedeschi Trucks Band at The Saenger Theatre this Monday and Tuesday night at 7:30PM. Simply show your valid photo government/company-issued ID at the box office and you will receive 2 complimentary tickets to the TTB performance of your choice. This offer is first come first served while supplies last."
                        Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by swag View Post
                          Saenger too:

"We would like to invite furloughed government employees, active duty military and first responders to come see Tedeschi Trucks Band at The Saenger Theatre this Monday and Tuesday night at 7:30PM. Simply show your valid photo government/company-issued ID at the box office and you will receive 2 complimentary tickets to the TTB performance of your choice. This offer is first come first served while supplies last."
                          Love this!

Comment

• The band did a few numbers for WXRT yesterday. The new bass player and Kofi fill-in look like they fit right in. This is the video on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/DerekAndSus...110598553/?t=3

Comment

• Looking for 1 good seat for Monday Saenger show if anyone has an extra.

Comment

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
                                The band did a few numbers for WXRT yesterday. The new bass player and Kofi fill-in look like they fit right in. This is the video on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/DerekAndSus...110598553/?t=3
                                I've been listening to the first 3 shows of the tour. They sound great! The keyboard player Gabe Dixon who is filling in for Kofi is very good on organ and piano.

Comment

Working...
                                X