New to me music: Back Door Slam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me music: Back Door Slam

I heard this on the radio today and dug it!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoUD...&frags=pl%2Cwn

I'm with you, good stuff! Reminds me of Black Keys, right before they hit it big.

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
      I'm with you, good stuff! Reminds me of Black Keys, right before they hit it big.
      Yes, they do! I guess that's why it appealed to me. Sadly, I really dislike Dan Auerbach's latest stuff but the early Keys were great. This band hits it I think!

Comment

I like his voice, good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by brooklyngal View Post

Yes, they do! I guess that's why it appealed to me. Sadly, I really dislike Dan Auerbach's latest stuff but the early Keys were great. This band hits it I think!
          I'm with you, really enjoyed. It's funny, the "brothers" album was my first time with Black Keys and i was thinking how much i loved the stripped-downed-ness of it. But then came El Camino and I was like, wow, all the stripped down is gone, but I can see this taking off, these are really good songs. I don't begrudge them their commercial success one bit though, they were starving artists with no plan B who made it big, so more power to them. And i was pretty late to the party anyway, it's not like i can say "they were awesome ten years ago but then they went commercial, man............"

Comment

Working...
          X