Trombone Shorty's Voodoo Threauxdown -- question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trombone Shorty's Voodoo Threauxdown -- question

Hello there. We might be going to this at Bethel Woods Saturday. Has anyone gone to this? I was curious because there are a bunch of bands playing -- Galactic, Preservation Hall, New Breed Brass Band, and Cyril and Kermit and Walter Wolfman are listed as special guests. It starts at 7 p.m. I am wondering how long certain bands play and who goes first etc. Any idea? That's a lot of bands if this ends around 11 or so, especially if there are set breaks.

It goes New Breed, Pres Hall, Galactic, Shorty. If I recall correctly, Kermit w/ Pres, Wolfman w/ Galactic, Cyril w/ Shorty - for brief guest spots. Lotta fun.

Comment

We saw it in Central Park Tuesday night it was a great show- go and have a little fest at home...

Comment

Originally posted by carlindj View Post
        It goes New Breed, Pres Hall, Galactic, Shorty. If I recall correctly, Kermit w/ Pres, Wolfman w/ Galactic, Cyril w/ Shorty - for brief guest spots. Lotta fun.
        Yeah, that's how it went all right. What a great show! First time at the venue, the actual site of the Woodstock concert. What a great venue as well.

Comment

I caught this show at Artpark in Lewiston NY ( near Niagara Falls ) two nights ago . Great show ! But no Kermit .
          Last edited by johnb; 08-17-2018, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Galactic's Erica Falls was amazing at the Dayton Ohio show. Stanton Moore is a master. Pres. Hall's energetic touring group is nothing like the classic show back home, but was well received, especially Kermit doing Louis. Shorty's big sound unfortunately overwhelmed the acoustics of the open sided roofed shed. Sounds so much better at the Saenger. Low ticket sales, partly because of a show the next night in Cincinnati.

Comment

Why is this show not coming to Texas. Bummer!

Comment

Saw it last night in Chicago. Absolutely fantastic.

New Breed opened and set the tone for the steamy evening.

Kermit singing What a Wonderful World with Pres Hall was great. p hall were way more funky than I remember.

Galacticís set was the best and was a supremley funky. Ben Elman was awesome and an unexpected sit in from Shamarr Allen was a treat. Erica Falls singing was a great addition. Walter Wolfman was super smooth and Stanton had a great drum solo, as always.

Shorty closing show with a second line around the venue was triumphant. You all must See this show if it comes your way.
                Last edited by mangochill; 08-27-2018, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mangochill View Post

Galacticís set was the best and was a supremley funky. Ben Elman was awesome and an unexpected sit in from Shamarr Allen was a treat. Erica Falls singing was a great addition. Walter Wolfman was super smooth and Stanton had a great drum solo, as always.

Shamarr has been touring with Galactic for probably a year now. Many years ago he and Corey Henry both toured with them for about a year. But there came a time when Shamarr had to decide between touring with Willie Nelson and touring with Galactic. He chose Willie. When Corey Henry decided to quit touring to spend more time at home with his wife of 15 years and their infant baby girl, Shamarr hit the road with the Galactic boys again. BTW, Corey's wife just had baby girl number two earlier this month.
                  Also I love Erica Falls with Galactic. Since she's been with them a few years now, I'm guessing she's as permanent as a Galactic singer gets.

Comment

Galactic was terrific, and Falls was the star of the night IMO. The whole program was a welcome dose of NO vibe on a very sultry evening at the Ravinia Festival grounds in a northern suburb of Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by mangochill View Post

New Breed opened and set the tone for the steamy evening.

Kermit singing What a Wonderful World with Pres Hall was great. p hall were way more funky than I remember.

Shorty closing show with a second line around the venue was triumphant. You all must See this show if it comes your way.
                      Exactly. This was my feeling on this tour. I hope they do it again!

Comment

What a great show. I saw in Chicago/Ravinia. It went, I think, over 4 Ĺ hours. More like a fest! Totally agree that Galactic/Erica was the highlight. I was surprised and delighted to see Shamarr, did not know he was on this tour. Hope you all get to see it!

Comment

Originally posted by glinda View Post
                          What a great show. I saw in Chicago/Ravinia. It went, I think, over 4 Ĺ hours. More like a fest! Totally agree that Galactic/Erica was the highlight. I was surprised and delighted to see Shamarr, did not know he was on this tour. Hope you all get to see it!
                          I moved to Chicago last week (from Brazil, carrying my previously exposed frustration at not going to JF this year). When I saw that date months ago I was very excited that it would be in my first weekend in Chicago... but then a few weeks ago I found out I had a thing I had to attend for work that same night... bad luck! I tried to forget about it and focus on Chicago Jazz Festival this weekend... which was a lot of fun yesterday even with the rain.

Comment

Chicago Jazz Festival has been very good. Nolatet today. Ed Peterson and Donald Harrison on another set (Willie Pickens Tribute). Maceo Parker tomorrow!

Comment

Coming to Phoenix on the 19th, a flipping Wed nite, so who aint making work on the 20th?

Comment

Working...
                              X