WHO ARE YOU LISTENING TO NOW?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHO ARE YOU LISTENING TO NOW?

TESKEY BROS- Half Mile Harvest- from Australia ( I was lucky enough to see them in San Francisco, last month, on their US tour) They'd be great at Fest!

CALEXICO

WOOD BROS- thank-you Brooklyn Gal!

LIL' BAND O' GOLD- Promised Land

ANDREW DUHON

and if you have Instagram- Check out Anders new song, he wrote with Andrew Duhon- One Connection - my favorite 2 songwriters, from New Orleans.

Courtney Marie Andrews - May Your Kindness Remain : such a stunning album. If you aren't familiar you have to listen

Comment

More than anything else, right now I'm listening to Andrew Duhon's False River and Jon Cleary's new Dyna-Mite.

I'll also say I have streamed the "new" Galactic single with Houseman on vocals, called "Can't you Belive?" and I loved it, and plan to donate to the Musician's Clinic in Houseman's name.

I also have been creating a list of new-ish cds I plan to either buy, or give out to people who don't know what to give me for xmas. But that list is for a different thread.
      PS - thanks Renee, I didn't know there was a second album by Lil Band o Gold!!!

Comment

While 95.8% of the music I listen to is live concert recordings (as an old Deadhead, it's just what seems "real" to me, and with YouTube, it is all right at my fingertips) but right now I am sharing Bonnie Raitt's masterwork "Nick of Time" with someone very, very special.

Funny. it sounds better than ever before...

Comment

I'm a big Elvis Costello fan so I've been listening to his re-issues of all his older albums that include live performances, demoes, etc.

Comment

yep that damn YouTube will send you down a rabbit hole...seems this summer I have fallen into alt-country singer songwriters...

Tyler Childers...Ray Wylie Hubbard...Tom Petty...

and in the car...mostly the Grateful Dead...

Comment

I love Andrew Duhon as well.
              I also just downloaded the single from Justin Molaison from iTunes. He plays the happy hour set at Chicki Wah Wah on Monday nights and also has played with Paul and the Rolling Road show. The single has a bit of a 'country vibe', but I like it.
              Whenever we're in town, we always try to catch his set.

Comment

Bob Marley's last recorded show. Santa Barbara Bowl, 1979.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imfiY8ZVZ0g

Comment

By now...I though you meant Now.

Last 24 hours, Lester Young with Oscar Peterson, Dead at Shoreline 91, Kansas/Monolith ( I know....guilty pleasure ).

Comment

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post
                    While 95.8% of the music I listen to is live concert recordings (as an old Deadhead, it's just what seems "real" to me, and with YouTube, it is all right at my fingertips) but right now I am sharing Bonnie Raitt's masterwork "Nick of Time" with someone very, very special.

Funny. it sounds better than ever before...
                    That's sweet. I didn't know Canine was in Krakow,

Comment

Originally posted by marignygreg View Post

That's sweet. I didn't know Canine was in Krakow,
                      That's it.

When Black Laurel plays Krakow next, it's only Zubr for you, and even that's a damn sight better than you deserve...

Comment

Is Zubr polish for a reach around ??

Comment

Originally posted by marignygreg View Post
                          Is Zubr polish for a reach around ??
                          I was just defending the honor of Polish piwo and got mad.

SWAG!!1!

Comment

Right now? As in what is coming across the airwaves???? I am listening to George Michael. I saw the special on him on HBO and wanted to hear more....

Comment

Woodstock. Just listened to The Who's complete set. Wow. Pure power.

Comment

Working...
                              X