WHO ARE YOU LISTENING TO NOW?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by saturn View Post
    On my listening list right now are the newest additions to my library: Joe Jackson's Fool, Dermot Kennedy and John Prine's Tree of Forgiveness. Also got some older Tracy Chapman and Jaco Pastorius on my playlist.
    I’ve had Tree of Forgiveness for several months now and still love it. Sounds like an instant classic. “Lonesome Friends of Science” is hands down my favorite song on the album.

Comment

• Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post

kapeman, have you listened to Songs of Our Native Daughters yet? With Rhiannon, Leyla, Amythyst Kiah and Allison Russell of Birds of Chicago. I'm going to give it a listen today.
      Just did a preorder on that. Listened to a stream from NPR and loved it. I am a huge fan of Allison Russell.

Comment

• Yesterday I finally moved the most recent from Fantastic Negrito, the Record Company, and the Suffers (whose releases i would rank in that descending order) for a more americana feel with John Moreland's Big Bad Luv and John Prine's tree of forgiveness. Haven't even listened to the prine one yet, stoked.

Comment

• If you were in New Orleans this weekend then it had to be the sound of gunfire that you were listening to. Busy weekend. Even in the mayors neighborhood.

Comment

• Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post

kapeman, have you listened to Songs of Our Native Daughters yet? With Rhiannon, Leyla, Amythyst Kiah and Allison Russell of Birds of Chicago. I'm going to give it a listen today.
            Yes, like it very much. Waiting for the CD to arrive any day now. Also just got the new Leyla McCalla, The Capitalist Blues CD, which is excellent

Comment

• Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
              If you were in New Orleans this weekend then it had to be the sound of gunfire that you were listening to. Busy weekend. Even in the mayors neighborhood.
              I was here all weekend. Just heard people having fun.

Comment

• My wife's iPod stuffed full of awful middle of the road music, while on a long drive to Scotland, so there is no escape. Our rule is that the driver gets to choose the music, so I am actually looking forward to my stint!

Comment

• Ry Cooder - The Prodigal Son. This is such a gem. When was the last time Ry played at jazzfest?? With Ali Farka Toure years and years ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

I was here all weekend. Just heard people having fun.
                    Oh? From the Mayor

“Nights like last night, weekends like this one, can be a frightening and sobering confrontation with the gun violence our NOPD officers are working tirelessly to combat. And we’re not doing it alone, as demonstrated last night. We were in tight coordination with the Louisiana State Police, who helped end the confrontation. "

Comment

• Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

Oh? From the Mayor

“Nights like last night, weekends like this one, can be a frightening and sobering confrontation with the gun violence our NOPD officers are working tirelessly to combat. And we’re not doing it alone, as demonstrated last night. We were in tight coordination with the Louisiana State Police, who helped end the confrontation. "
                      You already have a few other threads dedicated to this campaign. Please use them and stop sullying this one. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sussex Rob View Post
                        My wife's iPod stuffed full of awful middle of the road music, while on a long drive to Scotland, so there is no escape. Our rule is that the driver gets to choose the music, so I am actually looking forward to my stint!
                        We have the same rule; one way I have found effective to escape music I don't like when I am not driving is to sing along with it, preferably in a very campy way.

Comment

• Originally posted by peteup View Post
                          Ry Cooder - The Prodigal Son. This is such a gem. When was the last time Ry played at jazzfest?? With Ali Farka Toure years and years ago?
                          1985 & 1994 are the only years he was listed on the schedule.
                          Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• Last week was Led Zeppelin, The Who & some Stones... This week some Ghost-Note & Bones Owens

Comment

• Originally posted by Lit View Post

We have the same rule; one way I have found effective to escape music I don't like when I am not driving is to sing along with it, preferably in a very campy way.
                              You are right, and The Four Seasons are usually ideal for this. However, the shuffle did not give me the opportunity to air my falsetto this trip!

Comment

• Originally posted by swag View Post

1985 & 1994 are the only years he was listed on the schedule.
                                My one and only time seeing Ry was 10 years ago downunder with Nick Lowe and Joachim. I'd crawl over broken glass to see him again.

Comment

Working...
                                X