Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brass Passes are on sale!!

https://www.wwoz.org/brass-pass-details

The order form has a little glitch; after you enter the number of passes you want, there is a pull-down menu that says 'Please Make a Selection' and the options are 'No Passes' or '2018 Passes'.
    I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, but I'll wait until it's fixed.....

Comment

Glitch is fixed!
      We are officially Brass Passed!
      Our first full JF since 1996!!

Comment

I just went to OZ's website for something else and noticed that the homepage has a rotating feature one of which is the brass pass sales announcement. There's a mock up of the 2019 brass pass and the text reads "PHOTO IDENTIFICATION REQUIRED"
        I don't seem to recall prior year's passes stating such. Is this new? Am I being too eagle eyed? What does it mean?

Comment

Never mind! Google image search returned results from 2018 with the same language.

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
            I just went to OZ's website for something else and noticed that the homepage has a rotating feature one of which is the brass pass sales announcement. There's a mock up of the 2019 brass pass and the text reads "PHOTO IDENTIFICATION REQUIRED"
            I don't seem to recall prior year's passes stating such. Is this new? Am I being too eagle eyed? What does it mean?
            When you pick up your pass, either at the gate or at one of their advance locations, you need to show ID. I assume that doesn't apply if you pay to have it mailed instead. In any case, once you have your pass, there are no further ID checks (which makes sense, since they are transferable).
            Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Brass Pass questions, for those who have bought recently -

- Do you go thru the same gates, w/ similar lines/waiting, and same levels of scrutiny thru bags, chairs, etc.?
              (hopefully, a little less )

- If different gates, do they open them at the very same time as the regular gates?
              (hopefully, a minute or three earlier
              )

Experiences with BPs? Pro/con? Love 'em? Any issues at all?
              (we could care less about the re-entry aspect - we ain't goin' nowhere)

Comment

Security is the same, there is a special line for ticket taking. There is no pre entry. Overall it helps out OZ, and is a bit less hassle for tickets. No ist weekend tickets vs second weekend tickets. The Hospitality tent is sometimes a nice refresher during the day.

Comment

Security is the same which means they could really look or not . The tent is a nice place to relax, eat some fruit-be sure to have the strawberries as they are local, have some iced coffee or water, and use a clean porta potty.

Comment

I bought one for the first time this year and was pleased with the decision. I'm planning on doing the same next year. The benefits are that you don't have to keep up with seven tickets, only one pass, and the hospitality tent is quite nice. Plus WWOZ is a fine radio station deserving of support.

Comment

I did not get one this past fest and looking back on it wish I had. I spent more time waiting in line for the clean grandstand bathrooms than I would have had I used the clean portolets at the hospitality tent. Since the water fountains were not operating in the grandstand I would have appreciated the water in the tent (I always fill my water bottle even though you aren't supposed to). I'll be getting one for 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by carlindj View Post

(we could care less about the re-entry aspect - we ain't goin' nowhere)[/SIZE]
                        I love not having to worry about carrying tickets around. I just hook the brass pass on my keychain, and I don't have to ever think about Fairgrounds tickets for two weeks.

For me, the hospitality tent is invaluable. The fresh fruit, partiuclarly the strawberries, are a godsend when you're consuming a diet that's heavy in fried and/or rich foods. The iced coffee is a major perk when I'm entering the Fairgrounds on less than five hours of sleep. The water is absolutely essential, especially on a hot day.

Of course, I also like supporting WWOZ. To me, the brass pass is worth the extra dough...and sometimes, if you buy before the 1st of the year, the price you pay isn't that far off from what Tickemaster charges after the inevitable price increase.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesthinker 72 View Post
                          Security is the same, there is a special line for ticket taking.
                          So you go thru the same entrance points at Sauvage or Gentilly, but they have a "special line" for BP "ticket taking?" Just wondering/getting it straight, don't think I've ever seen or noticed the BP line - but I wasn't looking for it.

Can you also just enter thru the regular lines with the masses? (we sometimes wait with friends on the other side of the security, but before they start letting people thru the ticket gate.)

Big love for the Brass Pass - no ticket confusion, support for OZ, fresh fruit, iced coffee, cold water, and clean(er) poopers. Sounds like an easy call. Thanks -

Comment

carlindj, if you enter at Sauvage and you are in the security lines, you go through security and then you present your pass at the far right line of ticket takers. So y'all can gather after going through the ticket lines. You can also pick up your pass at the Sauvage gate on your first day. Those lines usually move slowly but aren't too long. I like to pick mine up in the quarter at the oz offices but their times for pickup have to work for you and if not, fairground pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by carlindj View Post
                              Brass Pass questions, for those who have bought recently -

- Do you go thru the same gates, w/ similar lines/waiting, and same levels of scrutiny thru bags, chairs, etc.?
                              (hopefully, a little less )

- If different gates, do they open them at the very same time as the regular gates?
                              (hopefully, a minute or three earlier
                              )

(we could care less about the re-entry aspect - we ain't goin' nowhere)
                              All pro, no con. Love it. Never any issues. JUST ordered mine. Last year when I ordered mine in November. Unless Iím wrong, seems like they are up for sale extra early this year. The countdown begins!

Comment

Working...
                              X