Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sir Paul coming New Orleans in May

23rd Smoothie King. Suckkka
    Last edited by Quint; 09-10-2018, 03:12 PM.

Nice edit, lol

Comment

What edit ? And Luke, you're losing all street cred. I thought you were down with the people.

Comment

Doesnít look good for the fest. Donít worry, the Stones are coming.

Comment

Tickets sold out in 6 minutes.....

Comment

He is hitting smaller towns on this tour,coming To Fort Wayne Indiana

Comment

Originally posted by jonnygospeltent View Post
              He is hitting smaller towns on this tour,coming To Fort Wayne Indiana
              And Moline !! I didn't know they had any large stadiums for concerts in that backwater town.

Comment

Originally posted by rosetree View Post
                Tickets sold out in 6 minutes.....
                That was just the first round of presales.

I scored a single at 10:15.
                Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

That was just the first round of presales.

I scored a single at 10:15.
                  Linza will be thrilled.

Comment

Paul at Jazz Fest is a bad idea. Same with The Stones. We do not need a repeat of that Elton fiasco.

Comment

I wish I could see Sir Paul not do the songs he's done forever. Play the catalog. I've seen him a bunch (five times) and its pretty much the same, including the banter, every time. Don't get me wrong, im in' the minority there surely, but he's played around here frequently over the years. Great show, youll love it.

Comment

I have kept silent in my shame until now, but must bare my soul: I have no interest in seeing Paul McCartney. Not at fest. Not in an arena. Only marginally on carpool karaoke. There, i said it. He was a Beatle, i know. he wrote a lot of great songs and still performs many of them live. I've seen the setlists. I dont' have some type of "he ripped off los lobos and others badly" vibe (that played a role in keeping me away from a different Paul this past week). I'm just not that into it. Though I must concede Homer Simpson was right: he WAS the best one in Wings.

Comment

When do tickets go on sale to the general public ? What do tickets start at $$ ?? I went to Paul's website, but had trouble mining the info.

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
                            I have kept silent in my shame until now, but must bare my soul: I have no interest in seeing Paul McCartney. Not at fest. Not in an arena.
                            Would you see him in a house? Would you see him with a mouse?

Comment

Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
                              I wish I could see Sir Paul not do the songs he's done forever. Play the catalog. I've seen him a bunch (five times) and its pretty much the same, including the banter, every time. Don't get me wrong, im in' the minority there surely, but he's played around here frequently over the years. Great show, youll love it.
                              IIRC he changes up around six to eight songs per show, and he continues to add songs in each tour that he had never done before. I have heard a few of the interviews he's done in support of the new album and tour this past week and he talked about potentially adding more/different "John songs" and "George songs." Last tour he did "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite," a "John song" and "Something," a "George song." And he also did a "Give Peace a Chance" coda at the end of "A Day in the Life."

As for "the catalog," I was psyched to see him do some lesser-known songs like "Let Me Roll It," "Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five" and "You Won't See Me." And I think we were the first show on the tour to see "Got to Get You Into My Life" and/or "We Can Work it Out."

Sure, I'd love to see him treat New Orleans to a mini-set of Venus and Mars in honor of part of it having been recorded there, but I don't think that's realistic.

Comment

Working...
                              X