Looking for roommates for 2019 JF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for roommates for 2019 JF

Looking to share a rental for the 2nd weekend 2019. Traveling alone, frequent JazzFester, looking for a nice place to share instead of a cheap place alone. All advice is appreciated, sincere roomies, please DM.

Hi Kathy,
    I can't help but you've come to the right place. Things may be slow around here right now but they often pick up closer to the end of the year and nearer to the beginning of the upcoming year's Fest announcements. So if you don't hear anything be sure to ask again down the line. Good luck!

Comment

I am definitely interested. I've been volunteering with Ms. Lena for quite a while and will hopefully be doing so again.

Comment

Originally posted by BadKathy View Post
        Looking to share a rental for the 2nd weekend 2019. Traveling alone, frequent JazzFester, looking for a nice place to share instead of a cheap place alone. All advice is appreciated, sincere roomies, please DM.
        If you can't find anyone there are still some good deals at Priceline Express Deals. Under $100/night for a place along the lines of the Courtyard Marriott or the Hilton Garden Inn. One caveat-they are non-refundable.

Comment

Jim, What deals are you found recently ? Our hotel has fallen through and we need to find a place.

Comment

Originally posted by The Krewe of Chew View Post
            Jim, What deals are you found recently ? Our hotel has fallen through and we need to find a place.
            There were a couple of others earlier today but I just checked and this is the only one left. I'm pretty sure it's the Hilton Garden Inn-Convention Center. I punched in the dates of April 26th-May 3rd, which are the dates I am staying. It looks like they're going up so if you're sure you're going you might want to jump on this. Priceline Express Deals. It's listed as 3*-Convention Center/Warehouse for $75/night. Good luck! 3-Star Hotel

What Hotel?
            Convention Center and Warehouse - Arts District
            Map
            Free Internet In Room, Free Breakfast, Swimming Pool
            Hotel Amenities
            Guest Rating
            500 verified guest reviews
            EXPRESS DEAL
            62% Off
            We choose the hotel, you save 62%
            $197
            $75
            price per night

Choose

Comment

Looks like it's the Saturday night that has the rates bumping up. There are a few other options for a Sunday-Friday.

Comment

Hi Kathy, I track the Priceline & Hotwire deals others have gotten for Jazzfest on my web site at http://jazzfest.swagland.com/bidding.html.

This year has been unusual - unprecedented really, at least since Katrina - in that sub-$100 deals have been continuously available via PL Express for over 4 months now. That never happens: typically, good deals last a few days at most. But I have noticed that of the 6 different hotels people have gotten, all have been under the Marriott corporate umbrella. So I'll disagree with Jim's guess of the Hilton Garden Inn. I'd say most likely would be the Springhill or Residence Inn, both on St Joseph St.
                Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Swag, you're probably right. The reason I assumed it was the Hilton Garden Inn is because it says that I've "stayed there before" and I have never stayed at Springhill and I have at the HGI. However, when I went further in to reserving it says that I have "booked" here before and I am booked for the Springhill for December. Also, Canary shows Springhill as a possibility and not HGI. By the way, upon checking this morning a few more hotels have opened up again in the $80-85 range. They were gone last night.

Comment

Thanks Swag, I love a good spreadsheet.

Comment

So I booked a VRBO for the first weekend and an Airbnb for the second. I was going to extend the VRBO for the second weekend but I waited too long. It was past the 6 month mark and the rates went up by about 30%. I usually wait until January to book so lesson learned I know I'm going so now I will always book @ least 6 months ahead of time.

Comment

Working...
                      X