Rolling Stones headlining Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revjimk View Post
    I paid $48 to see The Mavericks last night... well worth it, & they're better than the Stones at this point, by far....
    Agree! I so hope they will be at fest. I have seen Raul Malo which was great but The Mavericks is close to perfection. And for me, a double of Los Lobos with The Mavericks would be bliss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim View Post

I love the Mavericks! How was the Christmas show?
      A friend of mine listened to Xmas record & didn't like it, so I was skeptical.... but they're The Mavericks, right? Xmas stuff was good, no complaints, but that was only the first set. 2nd set was Mavs classics, superb as usual!

Comment

• Originally posted by swag View Post

Any chance they offer these for the Fairgrounds?

Originally posted by DaBreeze View Post

Doubtful since it will likely be all general admission - unless they have a lucky dip for the pit or something. What makes it 'lucky' is you don't know where you're sitting (or standing) until you get there. Could be anywhere in the stadium, from last row to first, and anywhere in between. It defeats the purpose if it's all ga.
        This.

The Stones have been using Lucky Dips for several years. It's their way of filling otherwise empty seats so that the stadiums look full and they can claim they sold out their shows. Smoke & mirrors to perpetuate their reputation & legacy. If JF limits second Thursday to the rumored 50,000 tickets the Stones may be able to claim to be the only act to ever sell out a day of the Fest. They're a legend in their own minds!

Comment

• Originally posted by revjimk View Post

A friend of mine listened to Xmas record & didn't like it, so I was skeptical.... but they're The Mavericks, right? Xmas stuff was good, no complaints, but that was only the first set. 2nd set was Mavs classics, superb as usual!
          Thanks! I like the Xmas cd.

Comment

• I have been thinking about this second Thursday - I wonder if they will fill all the other stages and since they are capping the fest at 50,000 what that means for food and crafts vendors - I guess 50,000 for a Thursday is pretty good and the craft folks should be happy because those people are probably a higher income demographic than other days. I doubt they will put other acts opposite the stones, but I've been wrong before. All I know is that if it like a regular fest day - bands on all stages through the day, I'll probably be there. I'll sample bands all day with a concentration on local acts and head over to the Stones for the last set - no way I'm camping at that stage all day. Hopefully one more day of fest means that more local bands (Lynn Drury, Scully & Rough 7, Shotgun Jazz, Jamie Lynn Vessels, Debbie Davis, etc...) will get slots and that is a good thing for me. Looking forward to seeing the schedule and psyched it is being released in December - wait... it is December now! In any case, discovering bands like War & Treaty, Jupiter & Okwess last year; getting to see great sets by Andrew Duhon, Deslondes , Kristin Diable and other local favorites; and watching the creativity of David Byrne, Boyfriend and Cha Wa will keep me coming back and happy!

Comment

• Strong rumor has all the other stages shut down once the Stones start playing.

Comment

• Jagger quotes.

I'd rather be dead than singing "Satisfaction" when I'm forty-five.

I'm not the businessman. I don't deal with the business at all. Not anymore. Occasionally, every four years or five years, they tell me I've run out of money, I have to go and make some more.

Time is on my side, yes it is.

Comment

• I would guess it will just be the Stones and a few acts on Acura on this special day. The vendors still get their 7 days of festival so anything on this extra day will be a bit of a bonus

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
                    Strong rumor has all the other stages shut down once the Stones start playing.
                    This is a lock. Nobody else will be playing while the Stones are on stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluesthinker 72 View Post
                      I would guess it will just be the Stones and a few acts on Acura on this special day. The vendors still get their 7 days of festival so anything on this extra day will be a bit of a bonus
                      I'm hoping that all the other stages are going with a full schedule until 5 - I agree that no one else will play the last slot against the Stones

Comment

• I spoke with Jonathon "Boogie" Long at the Samantha Fish/Long show in P'cola Saturday night. I asked what his JF plans were and he said he wasn't allowed to say but that he'll be playing on the the most expensive day. I said, "the stones day" and he smiled.
                        Last edited by where yat brah; 12-05-2018, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• rock n roll...

Ten life lessons from The Rolling Stones

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/articl...rolling-stones

Comment

• 50,000 tickets seems kind of low to me. How many were there for Elton John. Had to be close to 100,000.

Comment

• Originally posted by BettsSS View Post
                              50,000 tickets seems kind of low to me. How many were there for Elton John. Had to be close to 100,000.
                              Perhaps, at first glance, but if you consider that 35,000 of those will be using "walkers" that takes up a great deal of space, the extra large "sunbrella chairs" for those special needs and sun sensitive individuals, and so on and so forth, well you just cannot not plan for that. To say nothing of the "wanderers" who have forgotten where they are. It's a big task.

Comment

• Originally posted by innertube View Post
                                rock n roll...

Ten life lessons from The Rolling Stones

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/articl...rolling-stones
                                All of you who diss London's Oldest Hit Makers should read and contemplate this. Reminds me of some of old Thread Heads I see hanging on to the good times. As Keith said long ago, "Fuck 'em; they'll learn." Thanks for posting, innertube.

Comment

Working...
                                X