Rolling Stones headlining Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revjimk View Post

Screw dat. Lonesome George kicks ass!!!! Its rock & roll & blues, simple & ballsy is good: John Lee Hooker, Bo Diddley!!!
    I'll agree that George's playing is "simple". I've seen him about four times and was always bored after the third song and usually left early. George ain't in the same category as Bo and The Hook, not even close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kemp View Post

I'll agree that George's playing is "simple". I've seen him about four times and was always bored after the third song and usually left early. George ain't in the same category as Bo and The Hook, not even close.
      I totally agree. Never been into this guy at all. I saw him once back in the late 70s/early 80s and found him annoying and left early. Babababad To the Bone is lame.

Comment

• hi my Lord....

this one is pretty funny...perhaps Mick missed his other career...ha...ha...

The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women (TOTP, 10th July 1969)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7uD...ature=youtu.be

Comment

• Lineup coming this Friday. Also, Expensive Winos and Foundation of Funk with Kieth and Ivan will be at the Fillmore.

Stones gave $100k discount to be able to play past 7pm.

Comment

• Boom

Comment

• boom is right!!

2nd Weekend (May 2, 3, 4 & 5)
              $2,000
              Daily on-site parking can be added for $300 per pass.
              VIP shuttle tickets can be added for $165 per pass.

so the Stones are an extra $500 big ones...??....same for both Grand Marshall and Big Chief...I think....

Comment

• Originally posted by innertube View Post
                boom is right!!

$2,000

so the Stones are an extra $500 big ones...??....same for both Grand Marshall and Big Chief...I think....
                Compared to 1st weekend - both are 4 days - Big Chief is $500 extra, GM is $650 more.
                Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• What are the odds that Buddy Guy will make a guest appearance during this show? Anyone know when he is getting into town?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Wood View Post
                    What are the odds that Buddy Guy will make a guest appearance during this show? Anyone know when he is getting into town?
                    I'm sure they will have some guests. Hopefully they will do 'Fortune Teller' and maybe 'Time is on My Side' with Irma. How about 'Gimme Shelter' with Erica Falls. Yowser. Maybe I should have taken that ticket.

Comment

• Black Laurel needs to gig around town during the Stones so the holdouts will have somewhere to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Wood View Post
                        What are the odds that Buddy Guy will make a guest appearance during this show? Anyone know when he is getting into town?
                        I see Samantha Fish joining The Stones, a spec guest that Mick AND Keith could agree on!

Comment

• Originally posted by innertube View Post
                          boom is right!!

$2,000

So the notion of a day specific VIP ticket for May 2 was reconsidered after all. Interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

I'm sure they will have some guests. Hopefully they will do 'Fortune Teller' and maybe 'Time is on My Side' with Irma. How about 'Gimme Shelter' with Erica Falls. Yowser. Maybe I should have taken that ticket.
                            In the grand scheme of things, kinda small price to pay to sate a lifetime of curiosity and second guessing, no?
                            Last edited by Lit; 01-15-2019, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lit View Post

In the grand scheme of things, kinda small price to pay to sate a lifetime of curiosity and second guessing, no?
                              I'll live. I saw them on the Steel Wheels tour with Wyman. Good.....not great. My time and money is limited and I would probably have to trade two or three Fest days for one Stones day. I would much rather see Van and Al Green or Santana/Cliff/Subdudes/Foundations of Funk.....

Comment

• First time attendee! Any idea what time the Stones will play on Thursday the 2nd? My flight does not land until 1pm and I was thinking I should come a day earlier.

Comment

Working...
                                X