Rolling Stones headlining Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lucycan View Post
    First time attendee! Any idea what time the Stones will play on Thursday the 2nd? My flight does not land until 1pm and I was thinking I should come a day earlier.
    5 PM ish according to the information currently in circulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post

5 PM ish according to the information currently in circulation.
      Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

I'm sure they will have some guests. Hopefully they will do 'Fortune Teller' and maybe 'Time is on My Side' with Irma. How about 'Gimme Shelter' with Erica Falls. Yowser. Maybe I should have taken that ticket.
        Irma is a possibility, but I doubt they're going to dig as deep into the New Orleans scene as Erica Falls. That's not a knock on her, but these guys are so detached from the reality that the rest of us live in. They have no idea what's really happening in New Orleans music, but they know the big names from yesteryear, as well as people they've played with, like Ivan. Perhaps they'll use him as a gateway to find artists worth of a sit-in, but I don't think they'll go too far beyond the obvious (Irma, Ivan, Shorty, and maybe Preservation Hall, who must be legally obligated to sit in with everyone).

Comment

• Originally posted by groovy1967 View Post

Irma is a possibility, but I doubt they're going to dig as deep into the New Orleans scene as Erica Falls. That's not a knock on her, but these guys are so detached from the reality that the rest of us live in. They have no idea what's really happening in New Orleans music, but they know the big names from yesteryear, as well as people they've played with, like Ivan. Perhaps they'll use him as a gateway to find artists worth of a sit-in, but I don't think they'll go too far beyond the obvious (Irma, Ivan, Shorty, and maybe Preservation Hall, who must be legally obligated to sit in with everyone).
          If they have anyone sit in my guess is Ivan as he is actually on their radar. Those dudes dont know the first thing about what is going on with the local music scene, as has been said.

Also, did anyone see the Foundations of Funk show at Lockin Bob Weir and Bill from the GD as well as John Meyer (Sexy Jerry) can out and played. they absolutely killed it. Wouldnt be surprised to see the same kind of thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by tuggernuts View Post

If they have anyone sit in my guess is Ivan as he is actually on their radar. Those dudes dont know the first thing about what is going on with the local music scene, as has been said.

Also, did anyone see the Foundations of Funk show at Lockin Bob Weir and Bill from the GD as well as John Meyer (Sexy Jerry) can out and played. they absolutely killed it. Wouldnt be surprised to see the same kind of thing.
            any idea when FOF may be playing?? missing 1st weekend and would love to see them 2nd especially w/possibility of winos

Comment

• Originally posted by funkychic73 View Post

any idea when FOF may be playing?? missing 1st weekend and would love to see them 2nd especially w/possibility of winos
              Here yuo go.

Comment

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the Stones usually base themselves in one city in the region they are playing ? If so, why not New Orleans ?? With the first four shows in the Southeast, that would put them in town from Miami thru New Orleans, before heading West. That would make for 2 1/2 weeks of spotting's and sit ins.

Comment

• Another question. If I want to listen to the show from outside the gates, what would be the best spot sound wise ?? Excluding private property.

Comment

• Originally posted by tuggernuts View Post

I was at that day of Lock’n. FOF was the highlight of the day, although Pigeons Playing Ping Pong and Southern Avenue were great as well. Caught 40 winks during Dead and Co.

Comment

Another question. If I want to listen to the show from outside the gates, what would be the best spot sound wise ?? Excluding private property.
                      I always enter thru the back gate where the stables are and the sound back there is coming straight from the Acura stage and sounds good. You will have no noise from Congo since everything shuts down at 4. There's usually a guy back there grilling burgers also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Molo View Post

I was at that day of Lock’n. FOF was the highlight of the day, although Pigeons Playing Ping Pong and Southern Avenue were great as well. Caught 40 winks during Dead and Co.
                        I watched that set on youtube. Most excellent. I was hoping for that lineup. I love PPP but esp Southern Avenue!

Comment

• Originally posted by groovy1967 View Post

I agree with Irma as a possibility. I also think Mavis is a good possibility as they'd be familiar with her too and she's playing that day. I also wonder how much influence Karl Denson might have in exposing them to others to sit in with.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTMuleman View Post
                            I also wonder how much influence Karl Denson might have in exposing them to others to sit in with.
                            Considering Karl Denson's image was projected onto the Jumbotron video screens for a grand total of MAYBE 45 seconds over an entire 2 1/2 hour show in Warsaw last summer, I'd likely say, "Not too much..."

Seriously, the music had been playing for well over an hour until they first briefly showed a perhaps 10 second glancing shot of KD (or any of the backing players except for maybe 30 seconds of Chuck Leavell)

One can't help but notice that good ol' Sir Mick is in at least 90% of all video footage, either alone or in frame with various bandmates. The cameras are basically NEVER off of him. Brief, grudging flashes of Keith, Ronnie, Charlie, (usually with Mick also in the shot, naturally) but a Rolling Stones show in 2019 is ALL ABOUT Mick Jagger and his giant fucking ego...
                            Last edited by MormonMatthew; 01-17-2019, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the Stones usually base themselves in one city in the region they are playing ? If so, why not New Orleans ?? With the first four shows in the Southeast, that would put them in town from Miami thru New Orleans, before heading West. That would make for 2 1/2 weeks of spotting's and sit ins.
                              The Stones are old men and do very little sitting in with anyone.

As for artists sitting in with The Stones, the first one I think may join them is Gary Clark Jr who has played with them before and will be in town and maybe Samantha Fish who I think Mick AND Keith would BOTH enjoy having on stage.

Irma has never had anything good to say about The Stones over the years.

Comment

• Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post

Here yuo go.
                                Thanks!! I did see this, I was actually wondering if any info yet on adding a 2nd weekend show-tuggernuts through out there that they will be doing a show at the fillmore also, probably 2nd weekend-fingers crossed!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X