No announcement yet.

Rolling Stones headlining Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Thursday is now locals day. This all but confirms Rolling Stones for Thursday weekend 2.

https://www.wwltv.com/article/entert.../289-613002778

Comment

Wonder if they'll play the Bay Area after being butt hurt over the Grateful Dead's Fare Thee Well show? FTW was scheduled for the week before the Stone's show was scheduled )then cancelled) and did two days in the same venue and the Stones couldn't sell out one. Keith really has a LOT of animosity towards the Dead and I could see him being slightly miffed by that. They skipped the area last time around and never rescheduled the date.
      The Rolling Stones are set for a US stadium tour in 2019, which would mark their first run across the states in three years.

Comment

Put The Stones in the Dome for a night show to end all night shows. Give me The X-pensive Winos at the fairgrounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Runaround Al View Post
          Put The Stones in the Dome for a night show to end all night shows. Give me The X-pensive Winos at the fairgrounds.
          On Wed night. Would keep everyone in town and make the ,2nd weekenders arrive early..or go from airport to the show.

There ya go. Jagger in the blues tent with Buddy Guy Charlie with his jazz band in the Jazz tent. Karl D, anywhere and everywhere, just like always.
          Last edited by bennyboy; 11-12-2018, 11:50 AM.

Comment

... or The New Barbarians (Cleary or Ivan for Ian, Denson or Maceo for Keys). Zig!!!

All good & well, but with the clusterF- going-on, Fest/RealQuint's got something more up his sleeve ... for better or worse.

Comment

I'd prefer The New Barbarians with George, Zig and Ivan.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post

I'd prefer The New Barbarians with George, Zig and Ivan.
                Book it!

Comment

All of a sudden the Rolling Stones rumors are all the rage, seemingly everywhere that we "festers" ponder and pontificate and BS. It's that season. The discussions range from the BNA pro and con to the ticket price to the cemetery near by. A thought from this individual here. See the Stones at the fairgrounds if you must (if they are even there on that Thursday) or avoid them if you choose for your own particular reasons but here is a suggestion. I have seen the Rolling Stones live multiple times beginning in 1965, good seats and mediocre, so I have some actual experience here. Purchase the "Rolling Stones Sweet Summer Sun-Hyde Park Live" DVD. Play it via a Blu-Ray DVD player, good ones are easily found for under $100.00, connected to any reasonably good quality t.v. and stereo system and just forget about the fairgrounds experience unless you just want to be there. The Hyde Park show via the Blu-ray will surpass by far any sound and visual experience that Quint and gang could possibly string together, regardless of what seats or stage proximity you might be able to obtain. To my mind it is that good. No rain, no heat and no CFW's. I love live music and have not ruled out the fairgrounds for that Thursday no matter who it is that actually the organizers throw at us but with respect to the Stone's that dvd will "Trump" anything that you will see in New Orleans.

Comment

this one?

The Rolling Stones - Miss You - Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI-OzM0dy30

Comment

My threa

Comment

This thread has aged nicely. Here is some more info for you.
                        ​​​​​​

Stones are the headliner on Thursday (may 2), tickets sold WILL be capped, and the price starts at $150 (ouch!)

Comment

Originally posted by tuggernuts View Post
                          ​​​​​​

Stones are the headliner on Thursday (may 2), tickets sold WILL be capped, and the price starts at $150 (ouch!)
                          Yep I can see that...we will never know how many get sold...or how big they make the Big Chief(or whatever it’s called) area for just that day...they will have three plus days to prepare...

Comment

Kangfirmation...sort of...
                            Each of the rumored concerts is slated for an outdoor stadium. Also listed is a May 2 stop at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival.

Comment

Getting close!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqNdYJGg...d=3f16a7qpo0l7

Comment

Originally posted by tuggernuts View Post
                                ​​​​​​

“Starting at...”???

Comment

Working...
                                X