No announcement yet.

Rolling Stones headlining Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Wednesday afternoon an email sent from NRG Park included that Stones' logo at the end of an email with no further explanation. A Chron.com reader alerted us to the addition of the logo.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
      On Wednesday afternoon an email sent from NRG Park included that Stones' logo at the end of an email with no further explanation. A Chron.com reader alerted us to the addition of the logo.
      What should we expect to see for the Fest show? Hire a guy to walk around with a sign? It would seem they are doing this one stadium at a time.

Comment

Perfect way to continue the destruction of JF.....
        I hope its not true
        It will be a massive clusterfuck

Comment

Originally posted by carlindj View Post

... or The New Barbarians (Cleary or Ivan for Ian, Denson or Maceo for Keys). Zig!!!

All good & well, but with the clusterF- going-on, Fest/RealQuint's got something more up his sleeve ... for better or worse.
          I saw The New Barbarians at The Garden in NYC. Fun show but people were going crazy because Mick never showed although he was rumored to. I was thrilled to see artists from all different genres that I was into at the time playing together especially Stanley Clark. Great late 70s funtime!

Comment

If I had to guess they will only sell a certain amount of high priced tickets meaning it could sell out, have other bands play during the day and then have just The Stones close it out. An ultimate Jazz Fest Day.

Comment

Stones announcing tour Monday 3pm

Comment

Originally posted by Jr504 View Post
                Will be interesting.
                Does anyone know if Chuck Leavell still tours with the Stones?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post

Will be interesting.
                  Does anyone know if Chuck Leavell still tours with the Stones?
                  Yes, Chuck has been with them since 1989, and is the appointed musical director of the band, as well as the keyboardist. Karl Denson is now on sax, replacing the late great Bobby Keys. They also recently replaced their long time female back up singer, Lisa Fischer, as well.

Comment

I saw them in Europe the last tour and I crap you not, they sounded great and left it all out on the stage. its worth it

Comment

Originally posted by Jr504 View Post
                      So do they mention Jazz Fest in the announcement, or wait so they can do the onsale for their regular shows first? Obviously Jazz Fest is not going to make any sort of lineup or onsale announcement yet, so it seems more likely Monday's announcement will omit any mention of Jazz Fest, and it will be "added" when Jazz Fest makes their announcement in a week or two.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBreeze View Post

Yes, Chuck has been with them since 1989, and is the appointed musical director of the band, as well as the keyboardist. Karl Denson is now on sax, replacing the late great Bobby Keys. They also recently replaced their long time female back up singer, Lisa Fischer, as well.
                        They definitely miss Bobby and Lisa. They are still fun to go see but musically nowhere as good as back in the day.

Comment

Official tour dates:

April 20th, 2019 – Miami Gardens, FL @ Hard Rock Stadium
                          April 24th – Jacksonville, FL @ TIAA Bank Field
                          April 28th – Houston, [email protected] NRG Stadium
                          May 7th – Glendale, AZ @ State Farm Stadium
                          May 11th – Pasadena, CA @ The Rose Bowl
                          May 18th – Santa Clara, CA @ Levi’s Stadium
                          May 22nd – Seattle, WA @ CenturyLink Field
                          May 26th – Denver, CO @ Broncos Stadium at Mile High
                          May 31st – Washington, D.C. @ FedExField
                          June 4th – Philadelphia, PA @ Lincoln Financial Field
                          June 8th – Foxborough, MA @ Gillette Stadium
                          June 13th – East Rutherford, NJ @ MetLife Stadium
                          June 21st – Chicago, IL @ Soldier Field

Comment

With tickets going onsale Friday November 30, I would predict that the Jazz Fest announcement comes either early the week of December 3 or the week of December 10.

Comment

I wonder if they will play any of their old songs?

Comment

that Houston date should take some pressure off of Jazz Fest...I went to TM to look at ticket prices but I could not find them...??

The Rolling Stones - Announce US No Filter Tour 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFcM...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Working...
                                X