No announcement yet.

Rolling Stones headlining Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to NORCAL, Levis. I still think its funny that Fare Thee Well did multiple dates at Levis and Soldier Field, but the Stones can only do one in the same venues. .. (that's gotta rankle Keef, A LOT). They used to do multi days, no more I guess.
    I love it. Free tickets abound at Stones shows. Cant wait. (Even though I watched the show from Desert Trip and found it to be awful).

Comment

Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
      Back to NORCAL, Levis. I still think its funny that Fare Thee Well did multiple dates at Levis and Soldier Field, but the Stones can only do one in the same venues. .. (that's gotta rankle Keef, A LOT). They used to do multi days, no more I guess.
      I love it. Free tickets abound at Stones shows. Cant wait. (Even though I watched the show from Desert Trip and found it to be awful).
      Solid multiple self-references, included the Dead somehow, and then free ticket brag. A+

Comment

Originally posted by Lit
        If they are in Jacksonville on 4/24 I don't think there is any way they are bringing their stage set to Fest for a 4/25 appearance. They would also be the only consecutive shows on the tour.

I'm guessing that the stage set and vast majority of equipment will go straight from Jacksonville to Houston and the Stones will do something different than their normal show for Fest, which could be kinda cool if done thoughtfully to pay homage to New Orleans heritage. Should be interesting to see how it develops.
        The Stones show, I thought, would be on 2nd Thursday, May 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by where yat brah View Post

The Stones show, I thought, would be on 2nd Thursday, May 2nd.
          You're right. I'm an idiot. Deleting post; thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Quint View Post

Solid multiple self-references, included the Dead somehow, and then free ticket brag. A+
            I've still got it.....

Comment

And now, it's official (sort of...)
              http://www.theadvocate.com/gambit/ar...ampaign=buffer

Comment

Based off of the schedule that the RS released today, looks like they are playing the Roo as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post
                  And now, it's official (sort of...)
                  http://www.theadvocate.com/gambit/ar...ampaign=buffer

Could have taken my word for it a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by innertube View Post
                    that Houston date should take some pressure off of Jazz Fest...I went to TM to look at ticket prices but I could not find them...??

The Rolling Stones - Announce US No Filter Tour 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFcM...ature=youtu.be
                    Ticketmaster has gotten shittier and more disgusting as time goes on. I am sure some of you have heard of Platinum tickets already, which is their way of scalping front rows of all sections and the best seats in house on their own site during the public sale, by delegating certain tickets as "platinum tickets" and charging obscene face values for these platinums. Now they seem to have removed pricing before the presales or sales begin. When I purchased tickets for Chris Cornell tribute, by the time I got into the queue and checked the pricing tiers and chose the ones I was willing to spend as my filters, the map was half empty and I was stuck with shitty platinum seats or decent 200 level seats for the 2nd price tier etc. The reason I think they instituted this new tactic of not showing price ranges before the first wave of sales, is people who do not want to search for best available will have to take an extra few seconds once it is their turn to check price ranges, and uncheck the high ones they do not want to spend. Those few seconds could be a difference of hundreds or thousands of spots in the virtual queue. The Chris Cornell thing was the first time I wanted to check price ranges before a show in a while and noticed they were not there, so I am not sure exactly when prices disappeared from the show info before sales.

Comment

Mick sang a song with NOLA in it singing about the tour https://www.theadvocate.com/gambit/a...ampaign=buffer

Comment

Originally posted by tuggernuts View Post

Props to you, Tuggs. You had the scoop.

Comment

Good job, tuggernuts. And, thanks to you, I started perusing phantasy tour again.

Comment

great job tuggernuts!!...and here is more info...AEG

https://www.pollstar.com/article/wil...zz-fest-136739

Comment

Originally posted by tuggernuts View Post

It's true I could have. But I'd sooner get my information from something approximating an authoritative source, than from some random weirdo on the internet. One of my foibles, I guess.
                              Last edited by Canine Horror; 11-21-2018, 11:56 AM.

Comment

If you actually want to see the Rolling Stones and are willing to pay $175, if that's the price, that seems to be a bargain because at Foxwoods Stadium in Massacchusetts, the prices range from $204 to $9500!

Comment

Working...
                                X