Rolling Stones headlining Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fessphan View Post
    I have friends that bought 2nd weekend 4 day tickets on Stubhub. The event says tickets good for Thurs Fri Sat Sun. I told them that that is highly unlikely they are using a 2nd-weekend ticket on Thursday, May 2nd. After the announcement we all think is coming, will Stubhub offer a refund or say "You bought 2nd-weekend tickets"?
    Very interesting question. I suppose if they complained, Stubhub "Might" give them a refund, based upon the ticket details changing significantly. This is exactly why I think it's ridiculous that these sites allow people to list tickets not only before they have been purchased, but in this case....before the official onsale has even been announced. The fact people are already listing Stones tickets, when there has been zero word on ticket prices for their tour, is also a joke.

Comment

StubHub's "Fan Protect Guarantee" doesn't provide much protection here, as I understand it.

"You'll get the tickets you ordered in time for the event and they'll be valid for entry. If that doesn't happen, we'll locate comparable replacement tickets or send you a refund."

So if someone can't deliver Thursday May 2 tickets, I think it means at most you'd get a refund.

Which begs the question: why would anyone buy 2nd weekend tickets on StubHub now?

Comment

Originally posted by Zenwinemaster View Post
        Which begs the question: why would anyone buy 2nd weekend tickets on StubHub now?
        Because they were trying to pull a fast one, knowing that the Thursday ticket price is going to be higher. Why would anyone be selling 2nd weekend tickets when they have not even gone onsale, and prices are still unknown?

It's so ridiculous because weekend tickets do not normally sell out, and certainly not right away. Shows what an industry this whole ticket scalping BS has become. It wouldn't surprise me if the seller realizes the Stones are going to be playing, and figures 2nd weekend with them included will be valuable tickets. Certainly more valuable than any other years' 2nd weekend tickets normally are. Not sure who the bigger dummy is, the seller, or the buyer, both thinking they're going to somehow come out ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Zenwinemaster View Post
          StubHub's "Fan Protect Guarantee" doesn't provide much protection here, as I understand it.

I told my friends about the Stones rumor and they instantly went all in. They booked flights, rooms and bought 2nd-weekend tickets on StubHub. It was more about them committing to 2nd weekend JazzFest than trying to pull a fast one. They didn't know that official tickets weren't on sale yet. They are not annual festers. I told them that Thursday admission is highly unlikely. I'll keep you posted as to what StubHub does.
          Last edited by fessphan; 11-26-2018, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fessphan View Post

I told my friends about the Stones rumor and they instantly went all in. They booked flights, rooms and bought 2nd-weekend tickets on StubHub. It was more about them committing to 2nd weekend JazzFest than trying to pull a fast one. They didn't know that official tickets weren't on sale yet. They are not annual festers. I told them that Thursday admission is highly unlikely. I'll keep you posted as to what StubHub does.
            This is exactly why Jazz Fest organizers are not the least bit concerned about those folks who say they're going to protest the higher ticket price that is inevitable for 2nd Thursday. For every one of those, there are probably 2 new Festers more than willing to take their place. 2nd Thursday is as good as sold out even with a price double that of other days.

Comment

Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post
              And now, it's official (sort of...)
              http://www.theadvocate.com/gambit/ar...ampaign=buffer
              That twitter clip by Jagger constitutes the entirety of original material since the Bigger Bang album, over 13 years ago. I hope it's not a preview of what we can expect from their forthcoming release.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

That twitter clip by Jagger constitutes the entirety of original material since the Bigger Bang album, over 13 years ago. .

Not quite-- They did a compilation a few years back with two new songs on it.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalFestLover View Post

This is exactly why Jazz Fest organizers are not the least bit concerned about those folks who say they're going to protest the higher ticket price that is inevitable for 2nd Thursday. For every one of those, there are probably 2 new Festers more than willing to take their place. 2nd Thursday is as good as sold out even with a price double that of other days.
                  Yep. I only need 2, but I'm shooting for 8-10 tickets. I'll scalp the daylights out of them.

Boycotts, lol. They had no problem when the vast majority of locals got priced out years ago and are now whining.

Comment

A good way to make it up to the Brass Pass holders would be to give them a presale code and allow them to buy tickets early......

Comment

• I wonder if they will play any of their old songs?
                      Yeah I think we can expect an all Voodoo Lounge set, because... you know... New Orleans is a voodoo city and everything. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• It is of course laughable to read about boycotts or people angrily declaring that Fest will have to do without their presence and money. Fest won't notice and does not have to care, but there is a tipping point. Too many BNA non-N'Awlins acts, too high a ticket price, too crowded, all these have their tipping points past which Fest will decline and perhaps fail.

I'd enjoy catching Keef et al at Fest, but will not pay a huge premium to do so and I don't like it when the Fairgrounds gets jammed to the point of scary crushes around chair cities on the track. Add to that the need to book travel stuff in advance of details on all of this, and I've voted with my wallet to skip 2nd weekend for 2019 and attend first. I bet that will make for another great Fest and I look forward to it, but as always since the corporate takeover, worry a bit about Fest's future.

Comment

• Nobody will fail to notice me and my esteemed colleague Husb2ndliner, picketing the Sauvage St entrance singing "We Shall Overcome" and other pertinent ditties. Hoping to get 20-20 to join us.

Comment

• The fest will be fine with orveithout your second weekend money. The fest relies on BNAís to sell tickets and itís been that way a long time. Also jazz fest is now bringing in a new crowd thatís never visited before because of tgevstines. If they cap it at 50k you are also looking at the least crowded headliner set at Acura ever. Finally itís a bonus day. Why is everyone complaining?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post
                              Nobody will fail to notice me and my esteemed colleague Husb2ndliner, picketing the Sauvage St entrance singing "We Shall Overcome" and other pertinent ditties. Hoping to get 20-20 to join us.
                              Count me in My Lord. Always up for a good protest.....provided we follow the guidelines established by my mentor the esteemed Dr. King. First requirement being that the protest be peaceful in our behaviors and the second equally important prerequisite is that there be plenty of whiskey and woman up in the hotel rooms after the days activities have concluded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post
                                Nobody will fail to notice me and my esteemed colleague Husb2ndliner, picketing the Sauvage St entrance singing "We Shall Overcome" and other pertinent ditties. Hoping to get 20-20 to join us.
                                I'll join you. As long as I can get in by the time the Stones play.

Comment

Working...
                                X