No announcement yet.

Rolling Stones headlining Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have any codes...so I still can't figure out the true cost of a ticket...??...but they are selling big time!!

Comment

• Originally posted by innertube View Post
      I don't have any codes...so I still can't figure out the true cost of a ticket...??...but they are selling big time!!
      "selling big time!!"? - most of the same tickets that I saw available this time yesterday are available again today.

Tickets for the DC show (the only one I looked at) ranged from $1,599-$1,000 for very close/floor, $900-600 for mid-floor and front 1/2 of the 'bowl,' $375-$175 for rear floor and very back of the 'bowl,' and $99 for 400-level back-against-the-wall super-nose bleeds. All plus fees. No, didn't buy anything.

If they do $175 for Fest (as has been suggested), that will be a sweet bargain, based on the above. Especially if it's sunny.

I got caught watching some of the Stones in Havana on AXS last night. Relatively uninspiring, to say the least (campy/embarrassing in spots) ... but if they're on Acura, I'll be at Acura.
      (it had been awhile since I'd seen anything by them that wasn't in/from the 70s - holy shit they're old.)

Comment

• yea I saw some of that also last night...I wished I would not have...have you seen the doc on Netflix...Keith Richards Under the Influence?...pretty good...had Tom Waits being interviewed a good bit...

it is just getting harder and harder to look at TM in order to get the "real" ticket price...those prices to the side are not face value...

this is where my "selling big time"...comes from...adding dates to stadiums is a lot of tickets to me...??

https://bestclassicbands.com/rolling...tour-11-28-18/

Comment

• Keef interview from Rolling Stone.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...r-tour-760658/

Comment

• Nola.com on ticket prices at the stadiums.

Tickets to the Rolling Stones’ 2019 American tour went on sale to pre-registered fans on Wednesday at 10 a.m. Surprisingly, the cost to attend a concert by the Rolls Royce of rock bands isn’t terribly high by current ticket standards. According to stadium representatives, Stones lovers will pay between $49.50 and $499.50 to see Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie at Miami Garden’s 65,000-seat Hard Rock Stadium on April 20 and $75.50 to $510 at Jacksonville’s 67,000-seat TIAA Bank Field on April 24.

At Houston’s 72,000-seat NRG Stadium, the prices will range from $49.50 to $499.50 for the April 28 concert.
            https://www.nola.com/entertainment/2...bout-4950.html

Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
              Keef interview from Rolling Stone.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...r-tour-760658/
              From the article;

“It’s just amazing, man. I never expected to get around to Louis Armstrong status, you know?”

Keith, you haven't gotten around to Louis Armstrong status.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim View Post

From the article;

“It’s just amazing, man. I never expected to get around to Louis Armstrong status, you know?”

Keith, you haven't gotten around to Louis Armstrong status.
                Keith was discussing the longevity of The Stones career and their ability to still sell out large venues at his age, not comparing himself musically to Louie. Although some would argue that in their own genre they have been as influential.

Comment

• ok I found me a code....fan club...so I am not sure if you get a free t-shirt or something...and I looked at the Houston show...plus fees...

Pit...$1,599
                  Floor $497.50...different prices in same sections
                  Lowers...$397.50...different prices in same sections...
                  Second level....too many different prices...
                  Third level.....$123...mostly...

so there you go...guess away at what the regular Fest price should or will be...my guess $150-175 for GA...Fest will make the Grand Marshal(or whatever)...bigger and those will be around the $500 mark...??

Comment

• I would think that the JF people would announce the show and start ticket sales at the same time the tour tickets go on sale.
                    Despite the fact that the Stones playing JF is the worst secret ever, if someone ponies up and buys pricey tickets to a venue close to where they live, when the tickets originally go on sale, they are unlikely to shell out another $175 +/- to see them again at the Fairgrounds.

Comment

• I am wondering whether "Rolling Stones play Jazz Fest" will really mean a night show at the Superdome, rather than a slot at Acura. I know that in the past, JazzFest has put on, or sponsored, some night shows at other venues. The reason I wonder this is that the capacities of the other stadiums they are playing, once you add in the seating on the field, are all around 100,000. It is hard for me to believe that they would do a show at the Acura stage (capacity maybe 50,000?) and at a much lower ticket price. Also, they would lose their thrust stage extensions, and the lighting effects at night. Don't get me wrong. I am hoping they will play a set at the Acura stage in the day, and eliminate all of the fans, strobe lights, jets of steam, etc. But, I am doubtful that will happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by innertube View Post
                        ok I found me a code....fan club...so I am not sure if you get a free t-shirt or something...and I looked at the Houston show...plus fees...

Pit...$1,599
                        Floor $497.50...different prices in same sections
                        Lowers...$397.50...different prices in same sections...
                        Second level....too many different prices...
                        Third level.....$123...mostly...

so there you go...guess away at what the regular Fest price should or will be...my guess $150-175 for GA...Fest will make the Grand Marshal(or whatever)...bigger and those will be around the $500 mark...??
                        Regular priced pit tickets are $500, but TM uses their 'platinum' or flex pricing to basically scalp their own tickets, according to demand. They will likely drop in price by show date.

Comment

• Originally posted by chazmo View Post
                          I am wondering whether "Rolling Stones play Jazz Fest" will really mean a night show at the Superdome, rather than a slot at Acura. I know that in the past, JazzFest has put on, or sponsored, some night shows at other venues. The reason I wonder this is that the capacities of the other stadiums they are playing, once you add in the seating on the field, are all around 100,000. It is hard for me to believe that they would do a show at the Acura stage (capacity maybe 50,000?) and at a much lower ticket price. Also, they would lose their thrust stage extensions, and the lighting effects at night. Don't get me wrong. I am hoping they will play a set at the Acura stage in the day, and eliminate all of the fans, strobe lights, jets of steam, etc. But, I am doubtful that will happen.
                          They've played NOLA 4 times before, always at the dome. But if it were a Dome show, they wouldn't have needed to exclude brass pass holders from the Fairgrounds on 2nd Thursday. So it's very likely an Acura show, but "much lower ticket price", probably not.

Comment

• Originally posted by swag View Post

They've played NOLA 4 times before, always at the dome. But if it were a Dome show, they wouldn't have needed to exclude brass pass holders from the Fairgrounds on 2nd Thursday. So it's very likely an Acura show, but "much lower ticket price", probably not.
                            Good point. So, we buy tickets for that day from JF? Or from the Stones (TicketMaster)?

Comment

• Originally posted by carlindj View Post

"selling big time!!"? - most of the same tickets that I saw available this time yesterday are available again today.

Tickets for the DC show (the only one I looked at) ranged from $1,599-$1,000 for very close/floor, $900-600 for mid-floor and front 1/2 of the 'bowl,' $375-$175 for rear floor and very back of the 'bowl,' and $99 for 400-level back-against-the-wall super-nose bleeds. All plus fees. No, didn't buy anything.

If they do $175 for Fest (as has been suggested), that will be a sweet bargain, based on the above. Especially if it's sunny.

I got caught watching some of the Stones in Havana on AXS last night. Relatively uninspiring, to say the least (campy/embarrassing in spots) ... but if they're on Acura, I'll be at Acura.
                              (it had been awhile since I'd seen anything by them that wasn't in/from the 70s - holy shit they're old.)
                              Watched that AXS Havana special too last night. Really enjoyed watching the coots on TV. Makes me feel better about missing the Stones Thursday. A buddy got a DC presale tix for $375 1st row in stands on the side ,good view.. $89 fees. REALLY That is freaking usery of the first degree. What a racket!

Comment

• Originally posted by chazmo View Post

Good point. So, we buy tickets for that day from JF? Or from the Stones (TicketMaster)?
                                Jazz Fest uses Ticketmaster anyway. But it'll be a separate Thursday-only ticket, price (and service fees) TBD.

Comment

Working...
                                X