Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wishes, hopes and dreams for the Jazz Fest 2019! The big 50!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would love to see Umphries MaGee

Comment

• Originally posted by Gards View Post

The Truth Hurts. So they say.

Well I sort of get where you are coming from, but the rules need to be applied evenly across the bored.

Posts 155 AND 161 on this thread do not seem to be adhering to the peace love and happiness theme.

And someone swearing at others on here did not seem to even draw a rebuke.

Then at present a person is locked out from posting here for some insignificant reason, which is not good enough.

But we shall carry on regardless.
      Word. Mormon Matthews last post didn't last long. Posts dropping like fly's. Odd that post #161 in which a certain someone calls another certain someone an "ass" and a "racist" is still there and the poster still unmoderated. I guess 'personal attacks' are okay, depending on who is attacking.

Carry on......

Comment

• Originally posted by Gards View Post
        Interesting moderating going on around here of late.

A fairly mild and factually correct post I made, has been removed.

Oh well.

Such is life.

As Ned Kelly once said
        Selective moderating indeed. And isn't Ned Kelly supposed to be at Jazfest this year?

Comment

• Maurice Mobetta Brown lists a Jazzfest date of April 28 on his website so that means either his own band or Trumpet Mafia or both will be first Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by mitchell101 View Post
            Maurice Mobetta Brown lists a Jazzfest date of April 28 on his website so that means either his own band or Trumpet Mafia or both will be first Sunday.
            Excellent!

Comment

• With the announcement around the corner (I can predict a lack of professional productivity on Tuesday) I was thinking that it would be great so see some of these mid-level out of town (not BNA) bands:
              • JJ Grey and Mofro (I don't think they have ever played fest before - even though they play a night show almost every year) - I'm sure Swag will correct me if I'm wrong
              • Rhiannon Giddens - she's blown the roof off the blues tent a few times now - perhaps she'll debut the project she did for Smithsonian Records with Allison Russel, Leyla Mccalla and Amethyst Kiah
              • Carolyn Wonderland - the first time she played and brought Guy Forsyth and Shelly King was amazing
              • Mr. Sipp - loved his set last year
              • McCollough Sons of Thunder Brass Band - One of the best acts I have ever seen in my 25+ years of festing
              • Jupiter & Okwess - might have been my favorite set of music at fest last year
              • Birds of Chicago or Chuck Prophet or Judah & the Lion - I wonder if they are big enough yet
              • Janelle Monae - I missed seeing her play that day
              • Kaleo - they were great at the Sea Hear Now festival
              • Elle King - She has a new album to support
              • Chris Smither - seems like bringing him back for the 50th would be worthwhile
              • I'm with Her, boygenius or the Highwaywomen (Brandi Carlisle, Margo Price & Amanda Shires new project)
              • Grace Potter - she owned the stage that day
              • The Waifs - they played a long time ago (2003 to be exact) and were amazing
              • Jeff Beck - really enjoyed his set, but had to split it for something equally good

Comment

• JJ Grey has played at Fest before...early slot...we also went to see them the night before at Tips...both sets were great!!

Comment

• Love to see some Jackie Greene. Or the could resurrect Trigger Hippy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                    The Highwaywomen (Brandi Carlisle, Margo Price & Amanda Shires new project)
                    I saw yesterday that the announcement of the Highwomen was a slip by Amanda and there quickly was a correction that Margo isn't part of it.

I'd like to see Shiny Ribs on the fest schedule.

Comment

• Also wondering if some of these NO bands will get gigs (assuming that the regulars like Andrew Duhon, Shotgun Jazz Band, Tin Men, Feufollet, Flow Tribe, Bonerama, etc will all get gigs):
                      • Woodenhead - I know Jimmy Robinson will be there in some form (Twangorama, Guitar Masters or even Mulebone reunion), but Woodenhead says jazzfest to me
                      • Morning 40 Federation - It's time for a return
                      • Scully & the Rough seven - seems like the only way I'll ever see them with Meschiya and Erica singing with them
                      • Clint Maedgen - he has a new album and I doubt Bingo or Liquidrone is returning
                      • Lynne Drury - she seems like an every other year sort - hope 2019 is an on year
                      • The Iceman Special - they have been working hard and deserve a JF slot
                      • Sam Price and the True Believers - see above - they might have been working harder
                      • All That reunion - this would make me smile a lot
                      • Jamie Lynn Vessels - I assume she has paid her dues enough
                      • Dave Jordan - would love to see his new project on the big stage
                      • Maggie Koerner - she plays so rarely, it would be a nice way to see her
                      • Campbell Brothers - forgot them in the non-NO list
                      • Debauche & the Quickening- I don't thing either band has ever made it to JF before
                      • Mia Borders - she should be a regular by now
                      • Micah Mckee & Little Maker - they have earned a Langiappe spot at least
                      • Shake Em Up Jazz Band - they were great last year
                      • Core Henry & Treme Funktret - I think he has only played night shows
                      I'm sure there are many more

Comment

• Originally posted by BettsSS View Post
                        Love to see some Jackie Greene. Or the could resurrect Trigger Hippy.
                        I never understood why Trigger Hippy never took off - that album felt like an old comfortable shirt and got better with each play. I like Jackie & Joan individually (except for the GD and Dylan stuff), but they were perfect together

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post

I saw yesterday that the announcement of the Highwomen was a slip by Amanda and there quickly was a correction that Margo isn't part of it.

I'd like to see Shiny Ribs on the fest schedule.
                          Count me in that number - Shinyribs was great the last 2 times I saw them

Comment

• Excellent lists, Jordan. Seems like Southern Avenue should make it. War and Treaty getting back would be wonderful.

Comment

• These are the bands I'd like to see on the lineup:

The Raveonettes
                              Black Angels
                              Television
                              Primus
                              Godspeed you Black Emperor
                              King Gizzard and the Lizard King

Comment

• I'm adding to my already well-known wish list (Wood Brothers, TTB, etc). I'd like JD McPherson, Imelda May, Brian Setzer. I'd also like Taj Mahal on the line up.

Comment

Working...
                                X