Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wishes, hopes and dreams for the Jazz Fest 2019! The big 50!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tuggernuts View Post
    These are the bands I'd like to see on the lineup:

The Raveonettes
    Black Angels
    Television
    Primus
    Godspeed you Black Emperor
    King Gizzard and the Lizard King
    Tuggs

King Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard are from around my neck of the woods.

Have they changed their name?

Regardless they have certainly kicked on.

Comment

• Originally posted by brooklyngal View Post
      I'm adding to my already well-known wish list (Wood Brothers, TTB, etc). I'd like JD McPherson, Imelda May, Brian Setzer. I'd also like Taj Mahal on the line up.
      Is Imelda May still active? I like her, but haven't seen her in a while

Comment

• Originally posted by Molo View Post
        Excellent lists, Jordan. Seems like Southern Avenue should make it. War and Treaty getting back would be wonderful.
        Agree, and would love to see Muddy Magnolias, but not sure they are still doing anything. Would also add Eagle Rock Gospel Singers

Comment

• Originally posted by Gards View Post

Tuggs

I've been wanting to see them live for a couple of years now, but their shows in New York keep selling out. They've made quite an ascent.

Comment

• Corey Henry and the funktet have played the jazzfest. In addition to my previous list, I'd like to see Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio and Lawrence.

Comment

• I don't think it'll happen because they seem to be locked into the night show circuit, but I really think Khruangbin would be a better act for the afternoon than late night. Their mellow vibe could be a nice fit, perhaps on Gentilly, where there is less sound bleed. In the middle of a frenetic Jazz Fest day, I wouldn't mind parking my ass in a chair or laying out on a blanket, pulling on a vape while the sweet sounds of chill Thai funk drift through the afternoon air, occasionally perking up to catch a glimpse of Laura Lee.

Yep, still hot.

Comment

• Originally posted by groovy1967 View Post

I've been wanting to see them live for a couple of years now, but their shows in New York keep selling out. They've made quite an ascent.
                Good luck to them they have worked up from small pub gigs in the Melbourne suburbs.

We still have a fairly vibrant live music scene as Melbourne is a big town and has had things going on music wise for decades, starting from the local town hall dances in the 60s on to the pub rock and beers barns of the late 70s and 80s, where the likes of AC/DC, INXS, Midnight Oil, Divinyls. Men At Work etc worked up from.
                Now there are lots of venues of various sizes. But sadly these days a large percentage are north of town and I live South by the Bay. Many moons ago Stkilda the original home of the mighty Saints used to be the live music hub, and that is easy for us to get to.

Oh well in 2 days when it is 100 they will be cooking in the inner city and I will go down the beach for a swim.

Comment

• Does anyone think Gary Clark Jr. might make an appearance? His new album is creating quite a buzz and its out this month. He seems to have a space available during his tour during the jazz festival. He would be amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isadoraworkman View Post
                    Does anyone think Gary Clark Jr. might make an appearance? His new album is creating quite a buzz and its out this month. He seems to have a space available during his tour during the jazz festival. He would be amazing.
                    All will be revealed on Tuesday.

Comment

Does anyone think Gary Clark Jr. might make an appearance? His new album is creating quite a buzz and its out this month. He seems to have a space available during his tour during the jazz festival. He would be amazing.
                      A couple years ago, the rumor was that he turned down a jazzfest offer so we shall see.

Comment

When we saw him at Voodoo a few years ago, he was good but stupidly loud.

I have seen him at smaller shows when this has not been the case.

Maybe his sound guy got excited with the huge PA back then in the cool old location?

Lord Horror certainly got excited with Big Freidas show at the old venue,, but that is another story.

Gazza is back at Byron again next Easter so we will see what he does by the Ocean

Comment

• I hope so! He was great at Jazzfest in 2016! Here he is in the first five pics in my gallery:
                          https://luxproofimages.smugmug.com/M...-Jazziest-2016

Comment

When we saw him at Voodoo a few years ago, he was good but stupidly loud.

I have seen him at smaller shows when this has not been the case.

Maybe his sound guy got excited with the huge PA back then in the cool old location?

Lord Horror certainly got excited with Big Freidas show at the old venue,, but that is another story.

Gazza is back at Byron again next Easter so we will see what he does by the Ocean
                            Love Gary, just not sure his set would fit my usual Fest mood. Hey, Gards, do you know Bullhorn from down your way? My daughter got into them when she was living there and brought me back their CD, which is a nice listen. They would be a fun Fest band! There was some pub type venue in Melbourne with brass band live music she enjoyed.

Comment

Tuggs

no, I just put it in wrong. Saw them at a festival in 2016 in Joshua Tree Ca and really enjoyed them.

Comment

he is rumored to be playing jf this year. I'd day likely, but dont know for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X