Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wishes, hopes and dreams for the Jazz Fest 2019! The big 50!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neenís REM reunion suggestion is one Iíd like to see.
    My wish is for all of the Louisiana artists that I look forward to being featured heavily. Iím also hoping for a minimum of tired old classic rockers. No Jimmy Buffet in any form whatsoever. Otherwise just hoping for good weather and short bathroom lines.

Comment

Originally posted by revjimk View Post

Too much talking, I'd like to hear the whole song without interruptions.
      There is this thing called "google" that would allow you to find the song and listen uninterrupted, if that is truly what you'd like.

Comment

I'm hoping to see Art Neville and Dr. John at Fest. Preferably on stage.

Comment

Too much talking, I'd like to hear the whole song without interruptions. I don't think its "pyschedelic" at all
          It's called a video interview. You can go to YouTube to hear the entire song.

Comment

Why won't he be playing with Monty? That would be tragic....
            I just assume that since Ernest is 85-86 years old the chances of him playing with Monty Alexander again aren't that great.

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
              Neenís REM reunion suggestion is one Iíd like to see.
              My wish is for all of the Louisiana artists that I look forward to being featured heavily. Iím also hoping for a minimum of tired old classic rockers. No Jimmy Buffet in any form whatsoever. Otherwise just hoping for good weather and short bathroom lines.
              Right on!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post

There is this thing called "google" that would allow you to find the song and listen uninterrupted, if that is truly what you'd like.
                duh.... REALLY????

Comment

to be there...........;-)

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
                    ... Otherwise just hoping for good weather and short bathroom lines.
                    After giving this one a lot of thought, this is what I wish, hope and dream of at Jazzfest in 2019.

Comment

Yea, Ernest Ranglin is the real long shot dream. I don't think he plays much in the USA anymore, maybe at that big N. California reggae fest? I wonder how old he is now...
                      I had the pleasure of seeing him with Monty Alexander at a small NYC club several years ago.... one of the best shows from a purely musical standpoint that i have EVER seen. How could anybody be SO funky yet SO relaxed? Made me think of how Jimi Hendrix would have sounded if he lived into his 70s, was all mellow & had nothing left to prove....
                      Hes played often at High Sierra including the last two years. A pickup band of HSMF all stars usually and he plays a playshop or Guitarmeggedon too.

Comment

Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
                        Hes played often at High Sierra including the last two years. A pickup band of HSMF all stars usually and he plays a playshop or Guitarmeggedon too.
                        Thats nice, but if you watch the videos I posted, you'll see that "a pickup band" doesn't do him justice. He needs to be in charge, in a small group of reggae/ jazz professionals

Comment

Bob Seger Spring farewell tour in Texas May 2. No dates listed before or after

Comment

Can't be a 50th Anniversary without the Elements - Earth, Wind and Fire

Comment

I could do without the Big Name Acts . I've already seen Springsteen , U2 , Stevie Wonder , Elton John etc . I haven't caught The Stones or McCartney live but I don't think it would be worth it fighting the crowds . I'd rather have more of the medium quality shows like David Bromberg , Dave Alvin , California Honeydrops, John Hiatt , Paul Thorn , Bill Kirchen ,JJ Grey and Mofro , Charley Crockett ,Steve Earle , Joe Ely ,Los Lobos , James Hunter ... I'm not sure which old soul singers are still touring but some that I can think of are Eddie Floyd , Brenton Woods (born in Louisiana ) , Don Bryant , Robert Finley ( born in Louisiana ) ,Gladys Knight ... . Of course there are my usual favorites like The Subdudes ,Roddie Romero , Dr Michael White , Greg Stafford , The Iguanas , Steve Riley , Midnight Disturbers , Creole String Beans , New Orleans Suspects ...
                              Just some thoughts , I'm sure it'll be great as usual

Comment

Originally posted by johnb View Post
                                David Bromberg , Dave Alvin , California Honeydrops, John Hiatt , Paul Thorn , Bill Kirchen ,JJ Grey and Mofro , Charley Crockett ,Steve Earle , Joe Ely ,Los Lobos , James Hunter ... I'm not sure which old soul singers are still touring but some that I can think of are Eddie Floyd , Brenton Woods (born in Louisiana ) , Don Bryant , Robert Finley ( born in Louisiana ) ,Gladys Knight ... . Of course there are my usual favorites like The Subdudes ,Roddie Romero , Dr Michael White , Greg Stafford , The Iguanas , Steve Riley , Midnight Disturbers , Creole String Beans , New Orleans Suspects ...
                                I'd definitely go to Fest with that line-up!

(Oh, who are we kidding? I'm going anway)

Comment

Working...
                                X