Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wishes, hopes and dreams for the Jazz Fest 2019! The big 50!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe The Specials...

Beloved 2 tone band The Specials have announced they'll be releasing their first new album in 37 years. Encore will come out February 1st, 2019 and features original singer Terry Hall and founding members Lynval Golding and Horace Panter.

Ahead of the 2019 release, the group has shared the song "Vote For Me," which continues a steady run of protest songs for the year. Check out why The Specials came back with the new song below:

Comment

• Unknown Hinson.
      More klezmer. Golem is a great nyc based klezmer band with a terrific vocalist and fab tunes.
      A trombone shout band...I cant recall name of the one that played a few years ago but they were great.

And a return of hurray ray for the riff raff.

Comment

• Looks like Tom Jones has a date in Dallas on April 30th and his next show listed is Atlanta Sunday 05/05 - perhaps a stop on Thursday-Saturday at the Fairgrounds?

Comment

• I see that Bob Seger is now playing Bossier City March 12...but with that Woodlands date of May 2 I still think he plays Jazz Fest...??

Comment

• Originally posted by innertube View Post
            I see that Bob Seger is now playing Bossier City March 12...but with that Woodlands date of May 2 I still think he plays Jazz Fest...??
            Radius clauses vary, but Bossier is pretty far away from NOLA.
            Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by netdrew View Post
              Looks like Tom Jones has a date in Dallas on April 30th and his next show listed is Atlanta Sunday 05/05 - perhaps a stop on Thursday-Saturday at the Fairgrounds?
              From your mouth to real Quint's ears! The little bit I caught of his set last time was utterly fantastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. A. View Post
                Unknown Hinson.
                That's a name I haven't heard in 17 years. Does he still tour?

Comment

• I saw Rosanne Cash & Ry Cooder playing Johnny Cash songs last night here in SF. This was the second time I've seen this show. Absolutely wonderful! I'd love to see this at Jazzfest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim View Post
                    I saw Rosanne Cash & Ry Cooder playing Johnny Cash songs last night here in SF. This was the second time I've seen this show. Absolutely wonderful! I'd love to see this at Jazzfest.
                    That show sounds great. Would love to see it at Fest or better yet, have this as a night show in a club and give each their own set at Fest.

Comment

• Wu-Tang Clan are reuniting to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers). Possibility for Fest?

Comment

• Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
                        Wu-Tang Clan are reuniting to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers). Possibility for Fest?
                        That would excite FakeQuint but what would it do for RealQuint?

Comment

• Originally posted by groovy1967 View Post

That's a name I haven't heard in 17 years. Does he still tour?
                          Yes. He took several years off after he lost his wife.
                          last two times I have seen him was with the rev Horton Heat.

Last record not as great as the previous, but he is a great guitar player.
                          Great songs, terrific act. Lots and lots of fun.

Would be be a wonderful addition

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. A. View Post

Yes. He took several years off after he lost his wife.
                            last two times I have seen him was with the rev Horton Heat.

Last record not as great as the previous, but he is a great guitar player.
                            Great songs, terrific act. Lots and lots of fun.

Would be be a wonderful addition
                            Not to mention 11 years as Earl on Squidbillies...

Comment

• Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
                              Wu-Tang Clan are reuniting to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers). Possibility for Fest?
                              I could dig that !!

Comment

• Originally posted by steeleye View Post

That show sounds great. Would love to see it at Fest or better yet, have this as a night show in a club and give each their own set at Fest.
                                That's a better idea. The Cash/Cooder show would work better in a nice indoor venue.

Comment

Working...
                                X