Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
    never heard of that before. I'd love to see this:

BILL FRISELL AND THE MESMERISTS FEATURING TONY SCHERR, KENNY WOLLESEN AND THE FILMS OF BILL MORRISON

BIJOU THEATRESATURDAY, MAR 2310:30 PM - 12:00 AM

Comment

• Originally posted by McGregor View Post
      Richard Thompson with the Knoxville Symphony Strings: Killed in Action

Bijou TheatreSunday, Mar 241:30 PM - 3:30 PM

never heard of that before. I'd love to see this:

YYR! What about?
      Richard Thompson with the Knoxville Symphony Strings: Killed in Action

Bijou TheatreSunday, Mar 241:30 PM - 3:30 PM

Comment

• Also, if you have a taste for Bluegrass:
        Punch Brothers

The Mill & MineSunday, Mar 248:30 PM - 10:00 PM

Comment

• Mountain Jam moves from Hunter Mountain to Bethel Woods.

Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• Great festival, best zydeco lineup in years.... Chubby Carrier & Jeffrey Broussard. Plus you can go swimming in the pond between dances or sets!!!! Seafood Chowda to die for! (I don't eat Chili Bros fake cajun food, it s New England) Also, Thursday before Fest, great dance with Steve Riley at Narragansett Towers, one of america's coolest buildings https://rhythmandroots.com/artist-lineup/

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
              ABSĪNT (AURORA NEALAND, BILL FRISELL, TIM BERNE, DAVID TORN)

THE STANDARD FRIDAY, MAR 22 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM

Great for Aurora to be recognized by these major players and asked to join them. This collaboration came about through Berne's introduction to Aurora at a H.I.P. Festival event in New Orleans where they were paired in an improvisational setting. I am not afraid to beat a dead horse, so I will say that this is pathetic that this debut is happening in Knoxville and not at the Jazz Fest, but then again I doubt Jazz Fest knows who Tim Berne is; certainly no one associated with the festival or foundation has ever come to hear him on his visits to New Orleans. I would hope they know who Bill Frisell is, but since he has never played Jazz Fest (perhaps as a sideman--anyone know?) maybe they don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by revjimk View Post
                Great festival, best zydeco lineup in years.... Chubby Carrier & Jeffrey Broussard. Plus you can go swimming in the pond between dances or sets!!!! Seafood Chowda to die for! (I don't eat Chili Bros fake cajun food, it s New England) Also, Thursday before Fest, great dance with Steve Riley at Narragansett Towers, one of america's coolest buildings https://rhythmandroots.com/artist-lineup/
                I do love this festival, it has one of the best community vibes of any festival I have been to, but over the years it has gotten quite stale - I think almost every act listed so far has played the festival before - many multiple times. Hat Fitz & Cara, Dustbowl Revival, & Chubby Carrier would be strong pulls for me to go, but most of the other acts, Including the Mavericks and Marcia Ball (ducking for cover) don't do it for me any more

Comment

• Originally posted by belyin View Post
                  ABSĪNT (AURORA NEALAND, BILL FRISELL, TIM BERNE, DAVID TORN)

THE STANDARD FRIDAY, MAR 22 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM

Great for Aurora to be recognized by these major players and asked to join them. This collaboration came about through Berne's introduction to Aurora at a H.I.P. Festival event in New Orleans where they were paired in an improvisational setting. I am not afraid to beat a dead horse, so I will say that this is pathetic that this debut is happening in Knoxville and not at the Jazz Fest, but then again I doubt Jazz Fest knows who Tim Berne is; certainly no one associated with the festival or foundation has ever come to hear him on his visits to New Orleans. I would hope they know who Bill Frisell is, but since he has never played Jazz Fest (perhaps as a sideman--anyone know?) maybe they don't.
                  Without going to the cube rescue, I remember something of a disclaimer last year that Charles Lloyd and the Marvels with Lucinda Williams was NOT going to include Bill Frisell, but I think that was just part of Bill having a separate touring schedule than the Marvels. I had to miss that to attend an event for my daughter and it stung when i finally got to hear the album. In better news, offbeat.com has an article on the instigation festival at the top of its page right now, and the dj on OZ was hyping it up nicely on my Tuesday drive home. I just googled up the venue New Quorum; had never heard of it before and relatively close to home for me. Interesting.....

Comment

• the Ride Festival............WSP....Big Head Todd....

https://ridefestival.com/media/news/

Comment

• Originally posted by Jordan View Post

I do love this festival, it has one of the best community vibes of any festival I have been to, but over the years it has gotten quite stale - I think almost every act listed so far has played the festival before - many multiple times. Hat Fitz & Cara, Dustbowl Revival, & Chubby Carrier would be strong pulls for me to go, but most of the other acts, Including the Mavericks and Marcia Ball (ducking for cover) don't do it for me any more
                      This is how the Strawberry Music Festival in NorCal has become - the same acts year after year. And then they change it up by booking the Mavericks and all hell breaks loose when the band wants people to be able to stand up and dance.

Comment

• Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

Without going to the cube rescue, I remember something of a disclaimer last year that Charles Lloyd and the Marvels with Lucinda Williams was NOT going to include Bill Frisell, but I think that was just part of Bill having a separate touring schedule than the Marvels. I had to miss that to attend an event for my daughter and it stung when i finally got to hear the album. In better news, offbeat.com has an article on the instigation festival at the top of its page right now, and the dj on OZ was hyping it up nicely on my Tuesday drive home. I just googled up the venue New Quorum; had never heard of it before and relatively close to home for me. Interesting.....
                        I wish I could have seen that show; I heard Charles Lloyd with his quartet (Billy Higgins, Dave Holland, a waynd Dave Ambercrombe!) at the Chicago Jazz Festival, and it blew me away. (They played the N.O. Fest, too but again work got in the way.) A friend told me he saw Frisell with Don Byron at Jazz Fest when Byron was touring his Tuskegee Experiments project (1992,) but Don Byron doesn't turn up in the festival database.

As for the Instigation Festival, there is a more informative write-up at myneworleans. com
                          Starting Monday the Instigation Festival returns to New Orleans.  This event began in 2016 as a collaboration...

Comment

I'm not tired of any of these acts, but it breaks my heart that Marcia seems to have lost her voice. To each his own... I still marvel at how much i love peanut butter after eating it for 68 years

Comment

Do you dance? I can see where listening to zydeco could get old, but i never get tired of dancing to it
                            If not, learn how. It will change your life

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Lit View Post
                                A little low on BNA's.

Comment

Working...
                                X