• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SXSW Austin, Texas

The
    SXSW Music Festival
    takes place
    March 11-17, 2019
    in Austin, Texas. Discovery comes alive for 6 nights at over 90 venues featuring 2,000 showcasing acts that represent a comprehensive mix of brand new, up-and-coming, international, and legendary artists.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

A little low on BNA's.
      Strange. It shows up on my Mac. Let me try again from iPad:

edit: Nope.

Oh well, itís the Levitate music festival in Marshfield, MA in July. TTB, JRAD, Soulive and lots of others. Maybe someone else can post it.

Last edited by Lit; 1 week ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lit View Post

Strange. It shows up on my Mac. Let me try again from iPad:

edit: Nope.

Oh well, itís the Levitate music festival in Marshfield, MA in July. TTB, JRAD, Soulive and lots of others. Maybe someone else can post it.
        I think Gregg was looking for the sarcasm font...

Comment

• New fest from the All Good folks...

Comment

• Wanee replacement announced...

Comment

• Originally posted by ohio View Post
              New fest from the All Good folks...

Hope it works for them. Used to ski at Snowshoe, somewhat like an eastern version of Telluride in that itís in the middle of nowhere. Or at least used to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

Hope it works for them. Used to ski at Snowshoe, somewhat like an eastern version of Telluride in that itís in the middle of nowhere. Or at least used to be.
                I used to ski there as well, but it's been 15 yrs....

Comment

• For anyone looking for an excuse to visit beautiful Poland this summer but doesn't care for traditional Polish Folk music, the aptly named "Fest Festival" (seriously, that's what it is called) will feature the dulcet musical stylings of the Wu-Tang Clan, among others...

www.festfestival.pl

Comment

• In one of the more eclectic (bizzare?) lineups I have seen lately, the Holland International Blues Festival (June 14 & 15th, 2019) will feature Van Morrison, ZZ Top, St. Paul & Broken Bones, Gary Clark Jr., Jonny Lang, Curtis Salgado and Lynyrd Skynyrd(?!?)

The Fest is held in a tiny Dutch town called Grolloo (seriously, there must be less than 500 full time residents) 15 miles outside of Groningen, not far from the Dutch/German border, about a 3 hour train from Amsterdam or Bremen

I went a couple of years back when Bonnie Raitt and Tedeschi Trucks Band headlined, and while it was a good time, it is not particularly user-friendly, as public transportation back to Groningen after the fest gets over leaves NO margin for error, although thankfully I and a half dozen fellow random stragglers were able to call a minivan taxi and all get back to the city for a reasonable price.

www.hollandinternationalbluesfestival.com

Comment

• And finally, for anyone looking at a European musical getaway this summer, (hopefully while the Euro is still reasonably low) the Stuttgart Jazz Open lineup makes it another one well worth chacking out, headlined by Sting, Bob Dylan and Rickie Lee Jones, with additional performances by Terence Blanchard, Chick Corea, Bobby McFerrin and a bunch of others.

In my experience, it's one of the best run European festivals around, although not exactly "budget-friendly" when compared to Jazzfest (each show is ticketed seperately, which adds up fast) but Stuttgart is a great little city, generally affordable by Western European standards, and is central to a half-dozen major European capitols just a few hours' train ride away, or if so inclined, flights to good ol' Krakow are currently a mere $22 each way...

www.JazzOpen.com

Comment

• I came here to post the Suwannee Rising announcement. I hope it works out but what a risk it is to put on a three-night camping festival with less than two months notice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post
                          I came here to post the Suwannee Rising announcement. I hope it works out but what a risk it is to put on a three-night camping festival with less than two months notice.
                          And the weird part is Paul Levine was referencing it back when it was announced that there would be no Wanee this year. I'm going to go if I can work it out because the first year is always the best and the least attended. And that is compounded in this case with the late announcement. Just hope they sell enough tickets to move forward with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post

And the weird part is Paul Levine was referencing it back when it was announced that there would be no Wanee this year. I'm going to go if I can work it out because the first year is always the best and the least attended. And that is compounded in this case with the late announcement. Just hope they sell enough tickets to move forward with it.
                            A lot of chat on the old Wanee bored about this- a bit of inside info regarding Paul, the park, and how they start a new fest. They don't expect to turn a profit in year one...

Comment

• Thinking about checking out Bospop festival in the Netherlands, which has a little something for everyone, with John Fogerty, Sting, The Charlatans, Living Colour, Joe Jackson, Nile Rogers & Chic, The Specials, Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Marc Broussard, John Butler Trio, Flogging Molly and for good measure, even Earth Wind & Fire.

Tickets are about $80 per day, and it looks like there is a network of shuttle buses that run from the major surrounding cities.

www.bospop.nl

Comment

• Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post
                                Thinking about checking out Bospop festival in the Netherlands, which has a little something for everyone, with John Fogerty, Sting, The Charlatans, Living Colour, Joe Jackson, Nile Rogers & Chic, The Specials, Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Marc Broussard, John Butler Trio, Flogging Molly and for good measure, even Earth Wind & Fire.

Tickets are about $80 per day, and it looks like there is a network of shuttle buses that run from the major surrounding cities.

www.bospop.nl
                                Nice. Maybe for the honeymoon ??

Comment

Working...
                                X