Billy Strings@DBA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Strings@DBA

Just a heads-up for those in town on 11/11. Strings is playing at DBA. A talented guitarist. I am not normally enthusiastic with respect to "child prodigies", to me they become technically proficient but more often than not never get beyond that level. They lack "soul" so to speak. Billy is an exception. He can not only play the instrument better than most but also give a nuanced interpretation to the music.I recommend this show.

I was EXTREMELY tempted to let this pass unremarked upon, in the hopes that people would go on 11/11 when the gig is actually on 11/10 (it's Saturday night). I'm planning on being there and just hoping it isn't overwhelmingly crowded. "Junior member" eh? Getting younger every day?

Comment

Us youngsters are prone to mistakes Or is it oldsters? I forget.

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
        Just a heads-up for those in town on 11/11. Strings is playing at DBA. A talented guitarist. I am not normally enthusiastic with respect to "child prodigies", to me they become technically proficient but more often than not never get beyond that level. They lack "soul" so to speak. Billy is an exception. He can not only play the instrument better than most but also give a nuanced interpretation to the music.I recommend this show.
        Billy is like watching a young Del McCourey. That he sings exactly like Del has something to do with it. The band really flies too.
        ​​​

Comment

I add this for no particular reason and based upon absolutely nothing but personal observation. I believe that he may be something of an "odd" bird of some description. I have upon occasions come across him in the deepest and quietest and remote sections of locations where he was playing. "So what" you say? Me too. Just making conversation.

Comment

Billy Strings rips...don't miss this show!!

Comment

Did not make it in; called in advance and was told not to bother; first time i can recall DBA selling out in advance for a non-jazzfest show.....any reviews???

Comment

Working...
              X