Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jazzfest Grids 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by swag View Post
    Music Box shows.


    That Ghost note show should be excellent

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Wombat View Post
      Chickie Wah Wah

      4/27 Jon Cleary and the Absolute Monster Gentlemen
      5/1 Jon Cleary
      5/5 Nicolas Payton (2 shows, 8 and 10)

      http://www.chickiewahwah.com/calendar/
      Damn, first Night Show FOMS! Soul Rebels vs. Jon Cleary on 4/27...

      Comment


      • MAY 02
        Cha Wa at The Drifter Hotel
        https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cha-wa-...ts-55578955151

        Comment


        • Does anyone recall what time the Music Box Village shows start/end?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Wombat View Post
            Chickie Wah Wah

            4/27 Jon Cleary and the Absolute Monster Gentlemen
            5/1 Jon Cleary
            5/5 Nicolas Payton (2 shows, 8 and 10)

            http://www.chickiewahwah.com/calendar/
            How does the pricing on the non-free shows work? I see some there's a ticket price but they don't tell you what it is, only that 100% goes to the artists...? You don't know the amount until you get there?
            Last edited by TEXANJAZZLOVER; 3 weeks ago.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
              On a more grids related note, I think the May 4 Anders birthday show at the Joy may officially douse my hopes for a Kamasi Washington night show. Unless it's a 2am. And that might douse my hopes anyway.
              There is a single May 4 Anders ticket available in the TH Raffle...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by halley8 View Post
                Does anyone recall what time the Music Box Village shows start/end?
                I want to say 8-10ish. But I also feel like we had to leave the jazz fest early so maybe 7-9? Starts on time. Except when Weedie played and that was a late start.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Tye 1on View Post

                  There is a single May 4 Anders ticket available in the TH Raffle...
                  Cool. Did you donate it, tie1on? Excited for that show.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TEXANJAZZLOVER View Post

                    How does the pricing on the non-free shows work? I see some there's a ticket price but they don't tell you what it is, only that 100% goes to the artists...? You don't know the amount until you get there?
                    I remember jazzfest shows being $20 but I didn't go to any last year.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Tye 1on View Post

                      There is a single May 4 Anders ticket available in the TH Raffle...
                      Hm, I don't seem to have a form for that yet, hint, hint

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TEXANJAZZLOVER View Post

                        How does the pricing on the non-free shows work? I see some there's a ticket price but they don't tell you what it is, only that 100% goes to the artists...? You don't know the amount until you get there?
                        For the jazzfest shows, go that show on the "calendar" and just click on "buy tickets" and it will take you to a page that shows the pricing.
                        If it doesn't have a "buy tickets" link, but just says "with fee", like for say tonight, i believe that means that they don't expect a big crowd and it's very likely 10 bucks. i paid 10 at the door there last night under those circumstances.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post

                          I want to say 8-10ish. But I also feel like we had to leave the jazz fest early so maybe 7-9? Starts on time. Except when Weedie played and that was a late start.
                          Thank you, I see they were both listed as a 7pm start last year...was just trying to figure out if we could fit in a normal night show after.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SweetOlive View Post

                            Hm, I don't seem to have a form for that yet, hint, hint
                            oh crap, i meant the May 1 Radiators show, whoops!!

                            Comment


                            • Speaking of the raffle, is it actually getting LESS attention since we made it a sticky thread? (See Swag, there's no pleasing some people).

                              ANYWAY --- major props to the guys from Galactic and to Tipitinas, the musician owned club, they've hooked us up with tickets to the subdudes, toubab krewe/nth power, and Knowers shows for raffling purposes.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

                                For the jazzfest shows, go that show on the "calendar" and just click on "buy tickets" and it will take you to a page that shows the pricing.
                                If it doesn't have a "buy tickets" link, but just says "with fee", like for say tonight, i believe that means that they don't expect a big crowd and it's very likely 10 bucks. i paid 10 at the door there last night under those circumstances.
                                Thanks. It was the "with fee" ones that confused me. Good to know it's probably relatively inexpensive if it is is "with fee."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X